Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S11 Fpl Draft - League A
Fantasy Football Forums | Starting 11 > Fantasy Premier League > FPL Leagues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Netley Lucas
Sorry this League is now full, it filled in under 24 hours! Please arrange a B League if you wish, bound to be at least 8 more, might even need a C League

S11 FPL Draft - League A

Code to join this league: 14612-4312

League Administrator: Netley Lucas

Draft Date: Sun 5 Aug 2018

Draft Time: 13:00

Draft Time Zone: Europe/London

Starting Gameweek: 1

League Size: 8

Netley Lucas XI
WALOR
Stokie Boy Albert.
Vamos Unai (MI)
RAPID
Dead Men Walking
Band of Muppets
Sleepier Jedis

Scoring Mode: Classic

Pick Time Limit: 60 seconds

Player Trades: All

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now we can trade this should be a better game. 8 is about right per League so like last season it's expected that at least another league will be needed so this is just the first one.

Please check the draft time & time limit and make sure it's okay with you. I've adjusted Trades to All, meaning you just get on with it, nobody can block or object.

If you wish to join this one it's purely 1st come 1st served, post below and join, good luck!
WALOR
In, thanks Netley
Albert
Yep, that's me in with Stokie Chap
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 9 2018, 01:06 PM) *
In, thanks Netley

biggrin.gif

Let me know if draft time & date is okay bud. I've got it at 60 secs, seems too long but I know being on the turn is tricky as it can come very very quickly and 2 picks don't get twice as long so it probably needs a minute for comfort. laugh.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 9 2018, 02:16 PM) *
Yep, that's me in with Stokie Chap

Welcome aboard mate, please consider joining Arena too bud. We need new blood or old blood returned! biggrin.gif
Mistaken_Identity
In
RAPID
We should consider one league of 10 (more interesting) and wait for the likes of bp and TJ...
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 9 2018, 05:01 PM) *
We should consider one league of 10 (more interesting) and wait for the likes of bp and TJ...

There's going to more than 10 wanting in so best have 2 x 8? Think we did that last season? Hold back and start a B League mate and if we get more than 16 maybe a C League?
Netley Lucas
What we should have done is kept all the flipping final places and done a promotion. So top 4 in each League into Prem and bottom 4 into Div1 rolleyes.gif Bit of fun though so best just enjoy it eh

Netley Lucas
Oh RAPID's joined ohmy.gif 3 spots left!

Thought he may have waited for a B team, hmmm, should be fun! dirol.gif

2017/18 S11 FPL Draft Winner laugh.gif
RAPID
10 makes it more interesting to find gems every week while actively playing the game...

Plus, about 30% (and that would be a good percentage) will just leave their teams as they are forgetting the game...
Netley Lucas
WALOR, you ok with 10?
Netley Lucas
What will be interesting is when will the WC stars return and how soon will folk bid? huh.gif Kane's great but benching for a month and then the slow start! laugh.gif
SuarezPower
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 9 2018, 11:22 PM) *
What will be interesting is when will the WC stars return and how soon will folk bid? huh.gif Kane's great but benching for a month and then the slow start! laugh.gif

Casuals!

Kane already on 37%. All these players currently in world cup will return a week before league starts biggrin.gif. I'm so looking forward to gameweek 1, world cup trap also the friday night deadline factor smile.gif.

I'm giving draft a miss this season, focusing mainly on fpl cool.gif
WALOR
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 9 2018, 06:11 PM) *
WALOR, you ok with 10?

No, 8 offers much better chance of getting decent players.

If we have 10, and there are a lot of half-assed teams, those are the ones who will quickly lose interest.

BTW, I never totally lost interest, I just made lousy decisions, that's why I plummeted from top to bottom of the rankings...
WALOR
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 9 2018, 06:22 PM) *

I will get Kane regardless, he's a season-maker whether or not he's out til October
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 10 2018, 12:06 AM) *
No, 8 offers much better chance of getting decent players.

If we have 10, and there are a lot of half-assed teams, those are the ones who will quickly lose interest.

BTW, I never totally lost interest, I just made lousy decisions, that's why I plummeted from top to bottom of the rankings...

Yeah, not sure where RAPID's coming from on this. He seemed to begin by wanting 10 for BP & TJ to join then moved onto more interesting picks.

8 it is, once filled someone can open a B League. Can we keep track of both Leagues though, because otherwise we've no idea what other folk are doing.

RAPID, you can leave this one if you want to play with BP & TJ assuming they do join a B League and not this? Up to you bud.
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Jul 9 2018, 11:34 PM) *
Casuals!

Kane already on 37%. All these players currently in world cup will return a week before league starts biggrin.gif. I'm so looking forward to gameweek 1, world cup trap also the friday night deadline factor smile.gif.

I'm giving draft a miss this season, focusing mainly on fpl cool.gif

Been of FFS and all I see is Mendy? The guy's still on WC squad duty with 2 games left to train for. He still has to have a holiday and then do a proper pre-season and he's just got back from an injury! laugh.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 10 2018, 12:20 AM) *
I will get Kane regardless, he's a season-maker whether or not he's out til October

Yeah because he'd go anyway 1st round so even 2nd pick is grabbing him laugh.gif , not 1st though
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 10 2018, 12:06 AM) *

I killed it by luck though, Kane 1st then wait ages for 2 midfielders and sadly 1 happened to be Mo! laugh.gif Only a moron couldn't win it by 200 and I even somehow got Gross quite early too. The def/gk pool is always great so with unlimited frees and a half-hearted league I couldn't lose and it killed it early.
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 02:28 AM) *
Yeah, not sure where RAPID's coming from on this. He seemed to begin by wanting 10 for BP & TJ to join then moved onto more interesting picks.

I didn't move! That was my main reason.

By the way... chickens! sad.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 02:15 AM) *
I didn't move! That was my main reason.

By the way... chickens! sad.gif

Well we can't all be in the same League even at 10 or 12 so it's as well we fill this up then others can do theirs.
Fil Ferret
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 09:41 AM) *
Well we can't all be in the same League even at 10 or 12 so it's as well we fill this up then others can do theirs.

I'll join, though I'll be on Auto draft as it will be minute here & gives me the extra challenge of make a team out of what I get .
JFG
Good stuff - I'd join if it didn't keep telling me the bloody code is invalid rolleyes.gif
ExecutorAzmin
Am in, think I was the last one.
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (Fil Ferret @ Jul 10 2018, 04:41 AM) *
I'll join, though I'll be on Auto draft as it will be minute here & gives me the extra challenge of make a team out of what I get .

Midnight? We can adjust the time to suit everyone mate, just let us know what a good time or window is. No good doing auto as you'll end up with the highest ranked players nobody wants for whatever reason, they may not even be in the game by then.
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (JFG @ Jul 10 2018, 08:31 AM) *
Good stuff - I'd join if it didn't keep telling me the bloody code is invalid rolleyes.gif

Not sure why that was? Bad luck, full now but someone will start another one so it's like buses laugh.gif
Netley Lucas
Draft Date: Tue 31 Jul 2018

Draft Time: 17:00 (to be adjusted so everyone can draft)

Draft Time Zone: Europe/London

Starting Gameweek: 1

League Size: 8

Netley Lucas XI
WALOR
Stokie Boy Albert.
Vamos Unai (MI)
RAPID
Dead Men Walking
Band of Muppets
Sleepier Jedis

Scoring Mode: Classic

Pick Time Limit: 60 seconds

Player Trades: All
Fil Ferret
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 06:13 PM) *
Midnight? We can adjust the time to suit everyone mate, just let us know what a good time or window is. No good doing auto as you'll end up with the highest ranked players nobody wants for whatever reason, they may not even be in the game by then.

Doesn't it go by your watchlist ?
Thought one draft I was in last year a friend had an order for it to pick.

does draft have to be the Tuesday ? Sunday nights are good for me ? 8pm Perth time ?
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (Fil Ferret @ Jul 10 2018, 12:30 PM) *

does draft have to be the Tuesday ? Sunday nights are good for me ? 8pm Perth time ?

Can't remember but I do know b52 missed it and got the highest ranked players nobody wanted laugh.gif I'd best check the rules, you could be right.

No the draft can be whenever we want, I just put at the end of July but it can be changed to suit everyone.

So Sunday nights? Start 8pm Perth time? What's that in the UK? 7 hours sooner? So 1pm on any Sunday? Fine by me but see what everyone thinks.
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (Fil Ferret @ Jul 10 2018, 12:30 PM) *

Depending on private league settings, you will be given between 30 and 120 seconds (default 90) to pick a player for your squad. If you fail to pick a player within the time limit then the following criteria will be used to make an automatic pick:

Select the highest priority player from your watchlist who is both available and in a position you still require.
Select the highest ranked available player in the draft list in a position you still require.

--------------------------

Yep, you're right, auto-selects highest Watchlist available so although it will drag it out for that 1st pick it will then get through yours fast as it assumes your on auto all the time unless you change it to online & manual. Still be great to have you around though so let's see if we can.
JFG
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 11:14 AM) *
Not sure why that was? Bad luck, full now but someone will start another one so it's like buses laugh.gif

Don't worry about it, not overly bothered to be honest.
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 01:13 PM) *

Yep, ideally to get everyone online to pick their teams by themselves! I don't want FF to auto pick! no2.gif

P.S. via watchlist is ok but still don't like it as you can change your mind seeing someone is picked (for example, if you want a club representative more than the next player on your list)... Watchlist doesn't allow this!
RAPID
Remember, we can as well do a loose draft to clear things up. tongue.gif
ExecutorAzmin
Current time works for me (1am here I think)
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (ExecutorAzmin @ Jul 10 2018, 05:07 PM) *
Current time works for me (1am here I think)

Fil Ferret is suggesting a Sunday at 1pm UK time?

Something to bear in mind, the transfer window is now open until Aug 9, although selling continues until end of Aug.

I've provisionally moved the draft to Sunday 5th Aug, 1pm UK time. The last Sunday before season starts, we should have most of the newbies in by then and it helps FF.

If this day & time is no good we'll change it and if FF can't be here then he'll have to auto-pick from his watchlist.
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 04:37 PM) *
Remember, we can as well do a loose draft to clear things up. tongue.gif

Not with you bud, please explain what a loose draft is and what it is supposed to be clearing up? laugh.gif
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 07:46 PM) *
Not with you bud, please explain what a loose draft is and what it is supposed to be clearing up? laugh.gif

Test, trial, pilot (all adjectives) rolleyes.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 06:01 PM) *
Test, trial, pilot (all adjectives) rolleyes.gif

Oh a mock draft? Sure, but it won't clear anything up mate laugh.gif

We''ll do a mock draft whenever folk want.
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 08:56 PM) *
Oh a mock draft? Sure, but it won't clear anything up mate laugh.gif

It will.

Your own language is more flexible than you think! wink.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 07:51 PM) *
It will.

Your own language is more flexible than you think! wink.gif

Go on then, what will it clear up? laugh.gif

Don't say a time and a day!
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 09:55 PM) *
Go on then, what will it clear up? laugh.gif

Don't say a time and a day!

How it works... huh.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 07:58 PM) *
How it works... huh.gif

Yeah, but we know that. Ok some may not. I was expecting something along the lines of 'if we can all get together for a mock we can all get together for the real thing' laugh.gif
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 10:01 PM) *
Yeah, but we know that. Ok some may not. I was expecting something along the lines of 'if we can all get together for a mock we can all get together for the real thing' laugh.gif

Yeah, you know it yet you don't even know that it can be done via watchlist!!! rofl.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 08:08 PM) *
Yeah, you know it yet you don't even know that it can be done via watchlist!!! rofl.gif

Didn't RAPID, past tense of don't - and it didn't take a mock tongue.gif
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 11:05 PM) *
Didn't RAPID, past tense of don't - and it didn't take a mock tongue.gif

I know! And I leave my phrase as it is... ohmy.gif
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 10:08 PM) *

RAPID
When one wants to say in present, why urge him to say it in past???
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 09:10 PM) *
I know! And I leave my phrase as it is... ohmy.gif

Are you sure you don't want to join the next League with BP & TJ? You could let JFG have your spot? Be more like last season? biggrin.gif
RAPID
QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 10 2018, 11:14 PM) *
Are you sure you don't want to join the next League with BP & TJ? You could let JFG have your spot? Be more like last season? biggrin.gif

Be more like LIKE 20 years ago! thumbsup.gif
Netley Lucas
QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 10 2018, 09:13 PM) *
When one wants to say in present, why urge him to say it in past???

Been on the wagon since last game of the season, have you noticed how my posts are much clearer? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.