Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Sports Fantasy Premier League 2017/18
Fantasy Football Forums | Starting 11 > Other fantasy football games > Other Fantasy Football Games
Pages: 1, 2
Albert
Hello Fantasy Managers.
Last season VS Berlina, Walor and I competed in the above league based in Australia. It would be fair to say that we all had a successful season. To be honest we gate crashed an existing private league and managed against a good standard of competition.
The Fox EPL competition is very much run along the Official Premier League lines that we all love. The format is simple to use.
Do any of you guys fancy a little extra on the side? Have a think and if we can, we'll run our very own Starting 11 League. Otherwise, I will post the Australian private league details as last season.

It's not open for registration just yet. But, it's never far behind the Number One League.
Albert
Pre-registration is now available on this game. Just name and e.mail address is required. I guess the game fully opens pretty shortly.
https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/football/p...league/classic/ will get you there
WALOR
It's up and running, new format takes getting used to, but prices are good:

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/football/p...c/#classic/team

WALOR
First effort:

DeGea Foster

Alonso Trippier Ake Hegazi Suttner

Alli Coutinho Willian JRod Phillips

c) Lukaku Kane Jesus
Albert
As soon as the Aussie League goes 'Live', I'll post the codes.
vsberlina
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 25 2017, 01:00 AM) *
First effort:

DeGea Foster

Alonso Trippier Ake Hegazi Suttner

Alli Coutinho Willian JRod Phillips

c) Lukaku Kane Jesus

A bit top heavy? No bonus pts for goals like in FAPL.

Bonus pts for tackles and passes. Might be best going with only two up front and a filler FOR, then big in MID or even DEF.
WALOR
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Jul 26 2017, 11:23 AM) *
A bit top heavy? No bonus pts for goals like in FAPL.

Bonus pts for tackles and passes. Might be best going with only two up front and a filler FOR, then big in MID or even DEF.

I like my squads like I like my women
- just a bit top-heavy, with plenty to admire in the rear

Albert
Guys, as you may be aware Fox have altered the Public League section. I have created a Starting 11.Com H2H league to share with others.
Just as a precaution could our Starting 11 managers sign up asap. As there are not too many of us there should be plenty of availability

Our entry code :- EJP5SER9
Albert
So we are up and running. For any new Fantasy Managers wishing to give Fox Sports a go, entry details are below. It's pretty straight forward and pretty similar to the Official Premier League site. I've entered the league details on the giant Australian multi purpose Whirlpool Forum. It has a strong Sports Section, that Starting 11 members have been linked to in the past.
Usual Fox Registration https://eplfantasy.foxsports.com.au/
Go to Fantasy EPL
Whirlpool Starting 11 H2H League Code EJP5SER9 (H2H now Full. Please see Classic)

vsberlina
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 27 2017, 05:18 AM) *
I like my squads like I like my women
- just a bit top-heavy, with plenty to admire in the rear

Little in the middle but she got much back?

Ake is 4.1? ohmy.gif
vsberlina
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 05:44 AM) *
Guys, as you may be aware Fox have altered the Public League section. I have created a Starting 11.Com H2H league to share with others.
Just as a precaution could our Starting 11 managers sign up asap. As there are not too many of us there should be plenty of availability

Our entry code :- EJP5SER9

I'm in. thumbsup.gif
vsberlina
Rolling starts eh? Looks like the good old Sportal trick with captains can be used. wink.gif
Albert
Guys,
Have I got the link right. I'm hearing that its not working. Could you check and if necessary add the correct link to a post.
I'm not the brighest spark with a keyboard.
Albert
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Jul 27 2017, 09:28 AM) *
Rolling starts eh? Looks like the good old Sportal trick with captains can be used. wink.gif

Not familiar with this move Berlina. In a few words, 'what does it allow you to do'.
vsberlina
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 06:36 PM) *
Guys,
Have I got the link right. I'm hearing that its not working. Could you check and if necessary add the correct link to a post.
I'm not the brighest spark with a keyboard.

Links all seem to work for me.
vsberlina
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 06:50 PM) *
Not familiar with this move Berlina. In a few words, 'what does it allow you to do'.

You get two bites of the captain's cherry.

You pick 1-2 definite non-starters in your team. Ones that play late on in the GW.
Spurs / Newcastle and Arsenal seem to cover the first 7 weeks quite well.

You start that non-starter in your starting 11 and captain him.
Then you put the VC on a good player that plays early in the week.
If that player does well, leave the team as is and when the week is over, your sub will come in for him and the vice will become captain.
If that player doesn't do well, you can change the captaincy to a player that plays late in the week.

Eg for W1. I VC KDB who plays Saturday and captain a Newcastle non-starter. If KDB does well, I leave it like that and the auto subs will sort it out. If KDB fails, I can change the captain to Kane, as Spurs and Newcastle play on Sunday.
Albert
Guys ... more help required.
I think something is wrong with the link provided. Initially my mate was having problems and now me. I moved off Chrome onto Internet Explorer and the link gets you nowhere. Could you guys double check the link from another computer or tablet that won't have your Fox ID. Something is going on and I'm not clever enough to work it out.
Worse still Fox Sports have locked me out of my account. I'm hoping this is temporary. I'll get back onto it tomorrow.
SuarezPower
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 09:21 PM) *
I think something is wrong with the link provided. Initially my mate was having problems and now me. I moved off Chrome onto Internet Explorer and the link gets you nowhere. Could you guys double check the link from another computer or tablet that won't have your Fox ID. Something is going on and I'm not clever enough to work it out.
Worse still Fox Sports have locked me out of my account. I'm hoping this is temporary. I'll get back onto it tomorrow.

I have just registered. Seems fine to me. Auto complete team for now. Interesting to see the differences between the fpl game and this but I'll study the rules and points scoring another day smile.gif. Joined H2H league tongue.gif
WALOR
QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Jul 27 2017, 04:47 PM) *
I have just registered. Seems fine to me. Auto complete team for now. Interesting to see the differences between the fpl game and this but I'll study the rules and points scoring another day smile.gif. Joined H2H league tongue.gif

Noice ... fresh meat!
WALOR
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 04:21 PM) *

I'm using Chrome and no problems thus far, aside from trying to understand Rotating subs whotsit.

I'm in Whirlpool S11, which has 8 including Albert, SuarezPower, and VSB, and an H2H called "Auto League 2", which has no one I recognize, and which I did not purposefully enter.
vsberlina
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 28 2017, 06:21 AM) *

Yeah, IE seems to have issues (the whole thing has issues. Why are people still using it?).
Firefox and Chrome are fine though.
vsberlina
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 28 2017, 08:15 AM) *
I'm using Chrome and no problems thus far, aside from trying to understand Rotating subs whotsit.

I'm in Whirlpool S11, which has 8 including Albert, SuarezPower, and VSB, and an H2H called "Auto League 2", which has no one I recognize, and which I did not purposefully enter.

Everyone gets put in an auto league. It's a public league. They don't know who you are, so sledge freely.
Albert
Hi Boys,
Whenever I try and gain access now I get .... RECOVER YOUR ACCOUNT!
I try by answering a few questions and get ... You cannot recover your account
Not a clue what to do next. I'm totally blocked. I fear the worst at the moment. Thankfully the league is fully set up with no further admin to be carried out.
Fox Sports continue to send me notifications of managers joining our league. I guess it's somewhere near half full at the moment. So coming along very well.
I'll keep you lads informed of my status. But, it's not looking too good at the moment.
Albert
Hooray .... I'm back in the room. Getting a little concerned there. From out of the blue it once again allows me access.
10 places left with 2 weeks to go.
Albert
We now have just the five vacancies left in our Head to Head. If there is anyone on the Forum contemplating the challenge. Please make the move to sign up asap. The places are fast dissappearing.
WALOR
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 28 2017, 02:45 PM) *
We now have just the five vacancies left in our Head to Head. If there is anyone on the Forum contemplating the challenge. Please make the move to sign up asap. The places are fast dissappearing.

I don't get it - is Whirlpool S11 a H2H league?

If so, are you starting a regular league as well?
Albert
QUOTE (WALOR @ Jul 29 2017, 01:04 AM) *
I don't get it - is Whirlpool S11 a H2H league?

If so, are you starting a regular league as well?

Correct, it is a Head to Head. Whirlpool Starting 11 has just recruited its final participant and is now full!
I am happy to create a Classic League. I'll post the details here
Albert
Adding to our Fox Sports Head to Head, we now have a Classic League.

Please enter code :-TFVWP6ML
Albert
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 27 2017, 06:31 AM) *
So we are up and running. For any new Fantasy Managers wishing to give Fox Sports a go, entry details are below. It's pretty straight forward and pretty similar to the Official Premier League site. I've entered the league details on the giant Australian multi purpose Whirlpool Forum. It has a strong Sports Section, that Starting 11 members have been linked to in the past.
Usual Fox Registration https://eplfantasy.foxsports.com.au/
Go to Fantasy EPL
Whirlpool Starting 11 H2H League Code EJP5SER9 (H2H now Full. Please see Classic)

vsberlina
QUOTE (Albert @ Jul 29 2017, 10:45 PM) *

I've joined both and got a bangin' team. Will be paying attention this season. Youse are all stuffed. wink.gif
Albert
So we have a full house in the Head to Head with 20 managers.
Nine managers signed up for the Classic.
Classic League. Please enter code :-TFVWP6ML
SuarezPower
QUOTE (Albert @ Aug 8 2017, 10:38 AM) *
So we have a full house in the Head to Head with 20 managers.
Nine managers signed up for the Classic.
Classic League. Please enter code :-TFVWP6ML

Finalised my team and I should be in both leagues smile.gif. It seems be alot more budget friendly than fpl
Albert
QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Aug 8 2017, 08:29 PM) *
Finalised my team and I should be in both leagues smile.gif. It seems be alot more budget friendly than fpl

And Suarez Power makes ten. I see you in there SP.
WALOR
Can someone explain with a full example how the Rolling Lockout works:

5. Rolling Lockout

There will be a Rolling Lockout in place this year for Transfers and Substitutions.
You can transfer and Substitute players right through each Game Week, up until the time of the start of their Team's actual match. Players are locked into your Team only at the time that their actual EPL match has started.
For example - A player (‘Player A’), may be transferred for another player (‘Player B’) at any time after the Fantasy score of previous Fantasy Game Week have been finalised until either the next match in which Player A is scheduled to play in or the next match in which Player B is scheduled to play in (whichever match is first).

So, I get DeGea (sure starter, strong GK) and Macey (very unlikely starter, with ARS playing Friday), and put DeGea on bench and Captain on Macey.

Vice Captain on a strong player who plays Friday or Saturday (e.g. Jesus).

When Macey inevitably does not play, DeGea will auto-sub in, and I wait to see how Jesus does. If he does well, then his points are doubled as Captain.

If he does not, how do I get the Captain onto Lukaku or Kane, who play Sunday? Or can I? If not, what's the point of the Rolling Lockout?
vsberlina
QUOTE (WALOR @ Aug 10 2017, 12:07 PM) *

5. Rolling Lockout

There will be a Rolling Lockout in place this year for Transfers and Substitutions.
You can transfer and Substitute players right through each Game Week, up until the time of the start of their Team's actual match. Players are locked into your Team only at the time that their actual EPL match has started.
For example - A player (‘Player A’), may be transferred for another player (‘Player B’) at any time after the Fantasy score of previous Fantasy Game Week have been finalised until either the next match in which Player A is scheduled to play in or the next match in which Player B is scheduled to play in (whichever match is first).

So, I get DeGea (sure starter, strong GK) and Macey (very unlikely starter, with ARS playing Friday), and put DeGea on bench and Captain on Macey.

When Macey inevitably does not play, DeGea will auto-sub in, and I wait to see how Jesus does. If he does well, then his points are doubled as Captain.

If he does not, how do I get the Captain onto Lukaku or Kane, who play Sunday? Or can I? If not, what's the point of the Rolling Lockout?

You can't. You need to make sure neither your captain (Macey) or the new captain (Lukaku or Kane), have played.

I think you can reverse trades, if they haven't played. You just can't change formation.

I've got Hanley as one of my fillers, but if I see he's starting, I assume I can trade him for another NEW DEF who isn't, once the lineups are shown.

I guess we find out in a few days. But if that's the case, then a NEW filler and ARS filler should cover the first 7 GWs quite nicely. NEW 1,2,4,6,7 & ARS 2,3,5,6,7.
SuarezPower
QUOTE (WALOR @ Aug 10 2017, 03:07 AM) *

5. Rolling Lockout

I'm just playing it like I do fpl. I haven't paid much attention to the rules. Maybe it's like fantrax in that you can change players up until kickoff
vsberlina
QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Aug 10 2017, 10:33 PM) *
I'm just playing it like I do fpl. I haven't paid much attention to the rules. Maybe it's like fantrax in that you can change players up until kickoff

You have to play it like Sportal, not FAPL. You'll get killed. Getting the captain right is more important than getting pts off the bench. Most weeks, you never use your bench, and when you do, it's for a few pts.

Having two bites at a captain can get you 10+ pts every week.

A NEW filler is a must, and an ARS, BUR or TOT filler can fill the gaps. Macey (ARS GK) and a NEW DEF will do it best. GKs don't go missing too often, so I'm happy to take a 0 for an unexpected MIA.
VNPlayboy
THIS LEAGUE IS FULL! sad.gif
SuarezPower
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 10 2017, 03:03 PM) *
You have to play it like Sportal, not FAPL. You'll get killed. Getting the captain right is more important than getting pts off the bench. Most weeks, you never use your bench, and when you do, it's for a few pts.

Having two bites at a captain can get you 10+ pts every week.

A NEW filler is a must, and an ARS, BUR or TOT filler can fill the gaps. Macey (ARS GK) and a NEW DEF will do it best. GKs don't go missing too often, so I'm happy to take a 0 for an unexpected MIA.

Thx. Hmmm think i understand. For 1st week, cap say Kane Saturday and if he fails roll captaincy onto Jesus Monday wink.gif
vsberlina
OK, I'm having trouble moving my captaincy. I think that it may lock captain or vice.
It's just other players you can transfer. Or they're a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing.
vsberlina
"All Captains and Vice-Captains must be selected prior to their team's game and your selections for Captain and Vice-Captain CANNOT be altered after their teams begin playing."

So if the vice capt has played, you can't change the captain? It's all Greek to me, and I'm Greek. angry.gif
vsberlina
I've emailed them, but I'd be surprised if they reply or fix it (if it is a glitch).

There's no mention that if either has played, neither can be changed.
SuarezPower
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 13 2017, 03:10 AM) *
"All Captains and Vice-Captains must be selected prior to their team's game and your selections for Captain and Vice-Captain CANNOT be altered after their teams begin playing."

So if the vice capt has played, you can't change the captain? It's all Greek to me, and I'm Greek. angry.gif
Yh I tried to change captains but to no avail.....

vsberlina
QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Aug 11 2017, 07:47 AM) *
I tried to change captains but to no avail.....

The pts are wrong as well. KDB doesn't have his CS pts. I think many players don't have their tackle pts or successful pass pts either. They're a shambles. They'll fix it too late.

Anyway, they haven't got back to me. We Aussies are a joke at FF games. Couldn't organise a chook raffle.
WALOR
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 13 2017, 04:51 AM) *
The pts are wrong as well. KDB doesn't have his CS pts. I think many players don't have their tackle pts or successful pass pts either. They're a shambles. They'll fix it too late.

Anyway, they haven't got back to me. We Aussies are a joke at FF games. Couldn't organise a chook raffle.

You Aussies are also a joke at explaining obscure rules in FF games too.

If I hadn't fallen for your antipodean shenanigans, Lukaku would have been my captain, and Macey wouldn't be my second GK...

Had to look up the meaning of "chook" = chicken.

Is that where we get the phrase "chook your chicken"?

vsberlina
QUOTE (WALOR @ Aug 15 2017, 07:34 AM) *
You Aussies are also a joke at explaining obscure rules in FF games too.

If I hadn't fallen for your antipodean shenanigans, Lukaku would have been my captain, and Macey wouldn't be my second GK...

Had to look up the meaning of "chook" = chicken.

Is that where we get the phrase "chook your chicken"?

whistling.gif Should have played it FAPL style then. tongue.gif

I think that's 'choke' your chicken.
vsberlina
OK, got a reply. Game still locked so they're aware of the issues, one assumes.

I noticed also that they're putting my Ake pts (2), instead of my Valencia pts (5), even though Valencia is first in my order.

The rules say nothing about which sub gets put on, do they?
vsberlina
Send a screenshot of my team, they ask me to send a screenshot. rolleyes.gif

Reply that I sent one in the previous email, but have attached it again.

Get a reply on why I couldn't change my team, "This would have been because once the game week has started, the game is in a lockout state, meaning that you are unable to make any changes to your team."

WTF? angry.gif

Have sent them a copy of their rule #5, "Rolling Lockout".

FFS. angry.gif
vsberlina
"Hi VS

We are aware of this issue and are going to have it fixed ASAP. We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but please bear with us.

Cheers

Team FanHub"

Yeah, well that won't give me back my Valencia and Captain Lukaku pts. angry.gif

Is everyone's team still locked?
crazylegs
QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 15 2017, 03:21 AM) *
Send a screenshot of my team, they ask me to send a screenshot. rolleyes.gif

Reply that I sent one in the previous email, but have attached it again.

Get a reply on why I couldn't change my team, "This would have been because once the game week has started, the game is in a lockout state, meaning that you are unable to make any changes to your team."

WTF? angry.gif

Have sent them a copy of their rule #5, "Rolling Lockout".

FFS. angry.gif

That sounds like a complete numpty game!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.