Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baseball
Fantasy Football Forums | Starting 11 > The Lounge > Other sports fantasy games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The_General
Noooooo. sad.gif Just one more RBI. Or Save. Or win. Or Juice not being able to bench a player in the late game. Anything. ohmy.gif

Gutted...this was my year. Well played Juice, too good. agree.gif biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif

pogophiles
QUOTE (the_juice @ Aug 22 2015, 01:57 PM) *
What the hell is going on? Hero to zero in one week. Possums has my number year after year. Now I have to try and battle Oak at his own game. Doesn't help when I leave to studs on the bench. 😡

Hello again... tongue.gif
the_juice
QUOTE (The_General @ Sep 14 2015, 05:18 AM) *
Noooooo. sad.gif Just one more RBI. Or Save. Or win. Or Juice not being able to bench a player in the late game. Anything. ohmy.gif

Gutted...this was my year. Well played Juice, too good. agree.gif biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif

wow, thank god i didn't put mike moustakas in my line up. Good match.
the_juice
QUOTE (pogophiles @ Sep 14 2015, 03:24 PM) *

Yes, you again.

I was hoping to see you in the final. Actually just happy to have made it through to the semi!

I'm off to a decent start, hope it continues.

Goof luck
tigerjames
Hopefully the Mets win this year smile.gif
the_juice
QUOTE (tigerjames @ Sep 16 2015, 11:34 PM) *
Hopefully the Mets win this year smile.gif

Would love to see the Mets in the World Series. That would be both New York teams taken down in 2015 playoffs. A new meaning to the song New York, New York!

Let's go Blue Jays!
PTC
QUOTE (the_juice @ Sep 17 2015, 10:47 AM) *
Would love to see the Mets in the World Series. That would be both New York teams taken down in 2015 playoffs. A new meaning to the song New York, New York!

Let's go Blue Jays!

My wife was in Whitby last week. She tried poutine for the first time (at my request)...and wished she hadn't. biggrin.gif

She did say the people were really nice, though. smile.gif
pogophiles
QUOTE (the_juice @ Sep 16 2015, 10:17 PM) *
I'm off to a decent start, hope it continues.

Goof luck

Your hitting especially has been good so far. Goof luck indeed! tongue.gif
the_juice
QUOTE (PTC @ Sep 17 2015, 02:15 PM) *
My wife was in Whitby last week. She tried poutine for the first time (at my request)...and wished she hadn't. biggrin.gif

She did say the people were really nice, though. smile.gif

She didn't like poutine or didn't like the calories biggrin.gif

Did she catch blue jay fever? It's spreading like wild fire.
tigerjames
QUOTE (the_juice @ Sep 17 2015, 10:02 PM) *

Mets will kick your asss if you make it that far smile.gif
PTC
QUOTE (the_juice @ Sep 17 2015, 05:02 PM) *

She wasn't impressed with the gravy. That's the politest way of saying what she told me. biggrin.gif

And no, she doesn't really do baseball, although she does go to more games than me.
the_juice
QUOTE (PTC @ Sep 18 2015, 09:46 AM) *
She wasn't impressed with the gravy. That's the politest way of saying what she told me. biggrin.gif

And no, she doesn't really do baseball, although she does go to more games than me.

well i just got back from the Toronto fc match and had an order of Bombay poutine. If she didn't like gravy, probably wouldn't like curry sauce. But let me tell ya!

Still not as good as a philly cheesesteak.
the_juice
QUOTE (pogophiles @ Sep 14 2015, 03:24 PM) *

you are my nemesis. angry.gif

I hung in there, but didn't have enough.

Nice win, good luck in the final. thumbsup.gif
pogophiles
QUOTE (the_juice @ Sep 20 2015, 07:35 PM) *
Nice win, good luck in the final. thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I was really sweating this one. Waaaay too close for comfort!
tlaw4025
Well back in the finals again. Ft. Mudge really has a good team so 3 out of 4 is going to be really tough.
pogophiles
Congrats tlaw, looks like you've got this. My hitting has gone completely cold this week. After going 3-39 yesterday, they've started today 1-17 and are now collectively hitting below the Mendoza line for the week. Oh well, was a good season anyway!
The_General
Well done tlaw on the win and unlucky to Pogo. thumbsup.gif I'm still bitter with juice - this was my year! angry.gif tongue.gif
tlaw4025
Thanks for the congrats. I really was fortunate because I really thought Pogo had the best team (and especially hitters) and that was the part that really let him down. That had to be by far the worst hitting week he has had. That just shows how much luck is envolved in winning this. Just the week before he batted .291 and had 11 home runs and 45 rbis. It's just the way this crazy game goes sometimes. Again I'd like to think everyone for another fun year of fantasy baseball. I really do enjoy keeping up with this team every week and part of me will miss it. (Part of me is also tired of looking at it every night) But I really like my team and hopefully Buxton and Baez will turn out to be promising players next year. Now it's time for some real playoff baseball. Looks like it will be exciting (Even though the Braves sucked this year and won't be there).

tigerjames
Well done Tlaw thumbsup.gif wink.gif

Im sick of being uncompetitive....Next year I would like a "normal" draft.........every player in the draft....none of this keep 6.......it means every year Im fighting a losing battle....
pogophiles
QUOTE (tlaw4025 @ Sep 29 2015, 09:13 AM) *
That had to be by far the worst hitting week he has had.

It was. Those were season lows for runs, home runs, RBIs, AVE, OBP, and SLG, and the drop from my previous low marks this season for RBIs, AVE, OBP, and SLG were huge. Apologies for not putting up more of a fight tlaw!
The_General
Time to bring this out from hibernation....roll call please. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tigerjames @ Sep 29 2015, 03:48 PM) *
Im sick of being uncompetitive....Next year I would like a "normal" draft.........every player in the draft....none of this keep 6.......it means every year Im fighting a losing battle....

Also, can people say whether they are happy with the 6 keeper rule. From the above it looks like TJ's not, but I worry he'd still be uncompetitive even with a normal draft. sad.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

So I'm in...and I'm happy with the 6 keeper rule (I would be!). wink.gif
tigerjames
QUOTE (The_General @ Feb 18 2016, 08:26 AM) *
Also, can people say whether they are happy with the 6 keeper rule. From the above it looks like TJ's not, but I worry he'd still be uncompetitive even with a normal draft. sad.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

Cheeky mother F laugh.gif

So good news from last season...my Mets made the final smile.gif
The_General
QUOTE (tigerjames @ Feb 18 2016, 07:16 PM) *

See! Miracles can happen TJ! biggrin.gif Maybe this is your year? wink.gif tongue.gif

the_juice
QUOTE (tigerjames @ Feb 18 2016, 04:16 PM) *
Cheeky mother F laugh.gif

Yeah, and the Jays almost made it. angry.gif bloody KC with single after single.

I'm in. I'm fine with the 6 keepers, but if everyone wants a reset i'm cool also. laugh.gif Typical Canadian answer.
The_OMB
Check your emails! I opened the league up!

As for the keepers, I'm all for keeping 6. I've taken what little time I've had over the last few years to build the base I have. I have no desire to redraft and attempt to mold my team all over again.
Grattan
QUOTE (The_OMB @ Feb 21 2016, 03:13 AM) *

As for the keepers, I'm all for keeping 6. I've taken what little time I've had over the last few years to build the base I have. I have no desire to redraft and attempt to mold my team all over again.

Looking forward to it
haffey99
QUOTE (The_OMB @ Feb 20 2016, 11:13 AM) *

In again.

I'm with TJ and meant to post this way earlier...I'd prefer to ditch the keeper format too. Although I realize I'm in the minority. I still enjoy playing either way. If it is a keeper, 6 is fine with me.

Live draft this year?
tigerjames
so far it looks like 2 for and 2 against and 2 either way... rolleyes.gif

surely any comp any draft must start equally ?...trying to get votes rolleyes.gif
The_OMB
Honestly, the only reason I'd be willing to go with a standard league draft is simply to avoid the hassle of the offline draft. But whatever...
tlaw4025
I vote to keep 6. But you knew that I would. I like my core. I've become quite attached to them.
haffey99
QUOTE (The_OMB @ Feb 20 2016, 07:12 PM) *
Honestly, the only reason I'd be willing to go with a standard league draft is simply to avoid the hassle of the offline draft. But whatever...

Does Yahoo support live drafts for Keeper leagues? I figured they would, honestly I wouldn't see why they don't.
The_OMB
I think so. It'd be nice to do a live draft this year.
Duck Fart09
Excited for a new season!!

I am good with keeping the 6 keepers. Also Yahoo does support live drafts with keepers. OMB would just need to designate each teams keepers before the draft and they will automatically fill them in to the first 6 rounds or last 6 rounds by which ever OMB choses.
Duck Fart09

I am good with keeping the 6 keepers. Also Yahoo does support live drafts with keepers. OMB would just need to designate each teams keepers before the draft and they will automatically fill them in to the first 6 rounds or last 6 rounds by which ever OMB choses.
Grattan
QUOTE (Duck Fart09 @ Feb 23 2016, 12:47 AM) *

so excited you posted twice !!! laugh.gif
KillDevil
I'd love to have a fresh draft but that would be unfair on those that have built good sides over the years. I'm ok with 6 keepers, as I have 6 keepers that are likely to break down smile.gif
FutureMan2
Hello all. Keeping 6 is my vote. I have spent years developing this roster so it would be a shame to have to start over.
The_OMB
Any thoughts on a day to do the draft? I would think a Saturday could be good, but y'all tell me...and this is, of course, assuming we do a live draft.
Grattan
weekends work for me generally - Saturdays or Sunday here
the_juice
i'm off the next two weekends and then back on for two. If the draft is between 16:00 and 21:00 eastern time on the 27th i can join in. The 19th i'm free during the day, i work the evening.

I'm flexable though. Sometimes i can sneak away at work. So yeah, pick i date and i'll do my best...if not, i'll set to autodraft.

The_General
A live draft would be good. agree.gif Picking a time might be tough though...thinking.gif

I'm usually good at weekends, particularly evenings. On Saturdays I don't mind a late start to the draft for me (say 11pm here, 6pm EST), whilst Sundays I'd prefer a 9pm start at the latest.

I'll get back on specific dates - 26th/27th might be a little tougher because of Easter weekend and seeing family. smile.gif
haffey99
QUOTE (the_juice @ Feb 28 2016, 09:17 PM) *
So yeah, pick i date and i'll do my best...if not, i'll set to autodraft.

This. wink.gif Pick a date and I'll do my best to be there. If not, I'm fine with autodrafting. To be honest, it would probably be an improvement for me at this point! laugh.gif

Live draft regardless, we can figure something out as far as date/time I'm sure. Remember, you can use the app to draft if needed and show up for parts of it as well.
The_OMB
Alright. Gonna pick next Saturday, then. Any objections to March 12th?
the_juice
drinks.gif
the_juice
QUOTE (haffey99 @ Feb 29 2016, 10:11 PM) *
This. wink.gif Pick a date and I'll do my best to be there. If not, I'm fine with autodrafting. To be honest, it would probably be an improvement for me at this point! laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Grattan
QUOTE (The_OMB @ Mar 3 2016, 07:20 AM) *
Alright. Gonna pick next Saturday, then. Any objections to March 12th?

12 for u is 13th for me ( you can see why i alwaysleave players on the bench when pitching cant you laugh.gif )
The_General
QUOTE (Grattan @ Mar 3 2016, 08:57 PM) *
12 for u is 13th for me ( you can see why i alwaysleave players on the bench when pitching cant you laugh.gif )

Yeah, was just coming on here to say this. biggrin.gif

12th is good for me. It currently says 4pm my time (GMT) for the draft which would be the wee early hours for you Groover, wouldn't it?

If so any chance we could move the draft forward or back a few hours? thinking.gif
The_OMB
Sure! I'm open to suggestions for a time
The_General
QUOTE (The_OMB @ Mar 4 2016, 05:52 AM) *
Sure! I'm open to suggestions for a time

I was waiting for others to suggest what was good for them but...nothing, so what about say 10pm GMT? thinking.gif

I think I should be able to make just about any time though, I'm just trying to find a time that would fit for all. thumbsup.gif
tigerjames
Thats fine with me thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.