Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Arena Suggestions / Development Thread
Fantasy Football Forums | Starting 11 > Starting 11 Games and Competitions > The S11 Arena
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Catalonian_Devil

The Arena Gladiators

Suggestions and Development

Catalonian_Devil
New Rule

yet again laugh.gif

This is the official addition of the idea introduced by Xabi.
A new dimension will be introduced in the trading market.

- Now Captains have the power to offer points for players, or player + points for another player, or even player for points. All the negotiations must be made public in this thread, and when two captains reach an agreement I will have a final say on if the trade will be approved. This is because there is room for exploiting this rule, though I'm sure we've got a group of sporting competitors, and we won't have any issues in which I will have to step in. Players involved in an approved trade are obliged to accept.

- Another twist to the rule is that it will be implemented in picking up OOC agents. If there is more than one team interested in the services of a free agent, they will have to enter a bidding war, which will have a deadline set at 24 hours before the Yff deadline. The bidding war will mainly involve teams offering to give points up to the league, and the team which offers the most points will obtain the services of the free agent, who will be obliged to join the highest bidding team.

Now regarding MI's idea, it is indeed a big move for the league, therefoe I've decided to start a new suggestions/Development thread, in which I will have the final say on what to add to the league and when.
Please any discussions about new suggestions and new rules are to be discussed in the new thread, I will also post new rules to the other thread not this one to avoid confusion, and a list of all the competition rules will be provided there, which will mainly be the first post of this thread. Both the first post on this thread and that one will be updated regularly.

For now the primary discussion in the suggestions/development will be about how to implement a perfect Budget/salary cap/ etc. system.
5uperMan
wow a salary cup for YFF managers? thats even better than YFF itself..if it could work, YFF might wanna steal our idea too..how bout also having an MVP (Most Valuable Player/Manager) every month? MVP shud be granted 1st choice to any team members he wish to sign.. tongue.gif
Catalonian_Devil
Here's the plan regarding MI's idea.

I'm trying to think of a suitable budget given to each team that will be used to pay for:

- Player wages
- Transfer fees
- Free agent bidding wars.

Therefore we have to establish a suitable evaluation for the player wages, and hence determine a suitable budget to go along with it.

This is what I came up so far, first of all calculate the average scores of each member in the competition. Then divide the member into tiers, and the wages will be decided in correspondence to their tier.
Therefore a team carrying high-paying superstars will mean they'll have to perform in order to justify their wages or the team will lose money. On the other hand when a player earning low wages improves his performance his team will be having a valuable member that brings in money for less wages, because it'll take time to raise his average to the next tier when he will earn a wage increase.

In regard to winnings, a team can get money through the weekly positions in the league, and also through the Champions cup, which makes it much ore interesting and fun, a team advancing far in the cup can earn money that can in turn be used to offer big trades and afford higher salaries.

The main challenge will be coming up with the numbers...

This is the main structure I have in mind atm, however keep in mind if we decide to implement this system, it will replace the trade-for-points system currently in use.
Catalonian_Devil
QUOTE (5uperMan @ Nov 4 2010, 10:38 PM) *
wow a salary cup for YFF managers? thats even better than YFF itself..if it could work, YFF might wanna steal our idea too..how bout also having an MVP (Most Valuable Player/Manager) every month? MVP shud be granted 1st choice to any team members he wish to sign.. tongue.gif

Another dimension to consider, monthly MVP's could bring more money to the team, a sort of bonus to the team, this will also mean we could have a Manager of the month.

It could also work on the other side of the spectrum, we could have the Sh!ttiest player/manager of the month which will mean penalties to the team. laugh.gif
Ice66
I, for one, am opposed to the idea of salary cap. I think it'd complicate things and that iis unnecessary, imo. Let's just keep it nice and simple with the OOC bid and the transfer bid. Good suggestions, CD.
BRFC
QUOTE (Catalonian_Devil @ Nov 4 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Another dimension to consider, monthly MVP's could bring more money to the team, a sort of bonus to the team, this will also mean we could have a Manager of the month.

It could also work on the other side of the spectrum, we could have the Sh!ttiest player/manager of the month which will mean penalties to the team. laugh.gif

Penalties to the team that does badly? Why kick someone who's already down? Maybe an American style draft would make more sense. The lower you are in the table, the more chance you have at one of the most coveted managers.
KillDevil
QUOTE (BRFC @ Nov 5 2010, 08:47 AM) *

Penalties to the team that does badly? Why kick someone who's already down? Maybe an American style draft would make more sense. The lower you are in the table, the more chance you have at one of the most coveted managers.

The Lions would've been extinct by now laugh.gif

i like the idea of an american style draft but it's what we had at the start, so there are no excuses for people having dodgy teams whistling.gif tongue.gif I like Ice also think that it'll get too complicated with all the numbers
BRFC
QUOTE (KillDevil @ Nov 5 2010, 10:35 AM) *

i like the idea of an american style draft but it's what we had at the start, so there are no excuses for people having dodgy teams whistling.gif tongue.gif I like Ice also think that it'll get too complicated with all the numbers

I love ice too, it's just not the season right now sadly sad.gif
KillDevil
QUOTE (BRFC @ Nov 5 2010, 10:14 AM) *
QUOTE (KillDevil @ Nov 5 2010, 10:35 AM) *

I love ice too, it's just not the season right now sadly sad.gif

There's always one ain't there laugh.gif lol.gif
PTC
Don't overcomplicate, CD.

Leave it as it is. wink.gif

Although, if you sort out a new rule that allows us to trade Lee for Expert...that'd be nice. smile.gif
KillDevil
QUOTE (playtimecharlie @ Nov 5 2010, 11:13 AM) *

Although, if you sort out a new rule that allows us to trade Lee for Expert...that'd be nice. smile.gif

i second that motion biggrin.gif
fabfabfoster
u guys really miss the times game right?

keep things simple, don't overcomplicate things. remember "the weakest link"?

rules must be kept clear, and glad i'm not the captain of my team. krs'd do a superb job no matter what happens.
The_General
QUOTE (KillDevil @ Nov 5 2010, 11:37 AM) *

i second that motion biggrin.gif

The rule exists! thumbsup.gif The new rule created by CD means you can do it - although you'll have to ask him whether the rule allows for the Lions to go into negative points. whistling.gif
leehweb

Definately leave the rules as is, with the new transfer rule.. Do not over-compicate..

However, Why would the Lions want to downgrade to expert - early season form - the WBA of the Prem.. It is a marathon, not a sprint... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
sanki's11
QUOTE (fabfabfoster @ Nov 5 2010, 06:12 PM) *
u guys really miss the times game right?

keep things simple, don't overcomplicate things. remember "the weakest link"?

rules must be kept clear, and glad i'm not the captain of my team. krs'd do a superb job no matter what happens.

Yeah i'm missing tat game, i dint play last season as i was a new bie , i dint know . But really i was thinking abt Times games a lot , But unfortunately no one running tat thread this season !! sad.gif
The_General
Can I make a suggestion/development please? I think the Silent Assassins need a logo - and so I have put my creative brain to work and spent hours and hours on this possibility in honour of our nickname (well, the one I have forced upon us since my arrival tongue.gif ). If everybody is in agreement from our team then it can become our logo. To be honest I expect this will be a landslide as I have put a lot of thought into this whistling.gif

Pretty neat huh? agree.gif thumbsup.gif

Expert
I think CD's idea is brilliant, but the execution is hard. That's why people are opposing it. I think we can have a "try-out" week. You never know, if it doesn't work, just ignore it. If it does, then we can see how we can further improve it. Maybe let's say, make it official starting from the 2nd half of the season.

P.S. Lee's right, he did better than me last season with a late surge up the table. But relating me to WBA seems a bit weird.
Expert
QUOTE (sallan @ Nov 5 2010, 04:34 PM) *
Can I make a suggestion/development please? I think the Silent Assassins need a logo - and so I have put my creative brain to work and spent hours and hours on this possibility in honour of our nickname (well, the one I have forced upon us since my arrival tongue.gif ). If everybody is in agreement from our team then it can become our logo. To be honest I expect this will be a landslide as I have put a lot of thought into this whistling.gif

Sure you should cover up his mouth to make him seems more "silent"
The_General
QUOTE (Expert @ Nov 5 2010, 01:44 PM) *
Sure you should cover up his mouth to make him seems more "silent"

laugh.gif

There's always a critic. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif Yeah, I thought about that, but it would have taken another 10 hours to put that into this masterpiece, and after the 8 I already put in, I deemed it superfluous. If anybody wants to adapt the masterpiece, feel free. agree.gif
leehweb
QUOTE (Expert @ Nov 5 2010, 01:43 PM) *
I think CD's idea is brilliant, but the execution is hard. That's why people are opposing it. I think we can have a "try-out" week. You never know, if it doesn't work, just ignore it. If it does, then we can see how we can further improve it. Maybe let's say, make it official starting from the 2nd half of the season.

P.S. Lee's right, he did better than me last season with a late surge up the table. But relating me to WBA seems a bit weird.

ohmy.gif Hmm, I have not really got a clue where the WBA came from.. ohmy.gif Was just trying to think of a team that was doing better than expected in the premier league laugh.gif laugh.gif
leehweb
QUOTE (sallan @ Nov 5 2010, 01:34 PM) *

No you're talking.. A blast from the past.. Is that good old Andrea Silenzi??
The_General
QUOTE (leehweb @ Nov 5 2010, 02:07 PM) *
No you're talking.. A blast from the past.. Is that good old Andrea Silenzi??

We are The Silenzis. thumbsup.gif I tried to give us the nickname the Roys or the Van Hooijdonks, but it didn't seem to fit. laugh.gif
Catalonian_Devil
The people have spoken...

I agree it might be a bit too complicated, I guess we'll leave it like it is for now with the point-for-trade rule in place, but like expert says, I might think about experimenting with it in later weeks, maybe for next season...

Expert is up for grabs, how many points will people offer ohmy.gif
sanki's11
QUOTE (Catalonian_Devil @ Nov 5 2010, 09:40 PM) *

I agree it might be a bit too complicated, I guess we'll leave it like it is for now with the point-for-trade rule in place, but like expert says, I might think about experimenting with it in later weeks, maybe for next season...

Jaz our team is in very poor condition we ve to make our team strong , by using transfer market wink.gif If u r hesitating or thinking whom to sell , i'm ready to sacrifice for our team thumbsup.gif Bid Expert Me + 3 pts , I think it's a good value for Expert . So i left it to ur choice wink.gif
KillDevil
QUOTE (Catalonian_Devil @ Nov 5 2010, 04:10 PM) *

Bid Bid Bid people, I'm glad to say that us assassins are happy with what we have and we currently have 5 experts on our team so 1 more isn't gonna make that much of a difference whistling.gif tongue.gif
FunnyBunny
Lucky i am here !! As far as i can see that table on page 1 is wrong .

I beleive this is the latest table ...

(--)1- The Silent Assassins 43
(+2)2- Dexter's Slaughter House Of Twisted Desires 36(--)
2- The Sparta Boys™ 36
(+2)4- La Cosa Nostra 35
(-3)5- Bestiarii 34
(-1)6- The Warriors 30
(--)7- Unholy Demons 26
(--)[i]8- The Lions 12
Catalonian_Devil
QUOTE (FunnyBunny @ Nov 6 2010, 10:53 AM) *
Lucky i am here !! As far as i can see that table on page 1 is wrong .

I beleive this is the latest table ...

(--)1- The Silent Assassins 43
(+2)2- Dexter's Slaughter House Of Twisted Desires 36(--)
2- The Sparta Boys™ 36
(+2)4- La Cosa Nostra 35
(-3)5- Bestiarii 34
(-1)6- The Warriors 30
(--)7- Unholy Demons 26
(--)[i]8- The Lions 12

Fixed that, good spot...
Catalonian_Devil
Rule Addition

- First of to avoid last weeks case as much as possible, each team will have a vice-captain appointed by the captain obviously. The vice-captain will only submit me a team line-up if requested to do so by me or his/her captain. The vice-captain can also get captain privileges if his/her captain agrees to it if he/she is not going to be around, but I must be notified by the captain before hand of the exact duration in which he will surrender his privileges. The Captain will not have any kind of control during that duration, so be careful who you choose as the vice-captain can very well decide to trade the captain away, back-stabbing at its best ! Vice-captains are just like normal team members in every single way

- Captains may resign at any time they wish and they'll become a normal free agent, in this case the vice-captain automatically becomes the captain. Also another feature now available to teams is that the team members may decide to boot their Captain! For this to occur, a member of the team, the one leading the protest, needs to get consent from at least 3 team members and they will need to agree on who they'll nominate as a captain before the captain is booted.

- Punishment for not having a team by the deadline is changed from 0 points to taking the lowest possible score from his team by counting the total score of the lowest scoring formation, ie highest score in the bench, lowest score as Legatus, etc...

CAPTAINS PLEASE ASSIGN YOUR VICE-CAPTAINS NOW IN THIS THREAD
5uperMan
Whoa!
Vice Captain - BRFC ohmy.gif
Mistaken_Identity
Vice Captain - Supajokas
bp9000
Hi CD, just finished reading through 3 pages of posts in the Arena - you certainly have a tough job here (with the power comes the pressure, eh? ). Does this latest amendment of the rules imply that I am now captain of The Warriors as Ice had nominated me prior to stepping down?

Or is the verdict still out on whether the other captains have unanimously voted to allow Ice not to have to drop someone thus allowing our team to remain intact?

Cheers,
bp
5uperMan
QUOTE (bp9000 @ Nov 12 2010, 03:05 AM) *
Hi CD, just finished reading through 3 pages of posts in the Arena - you certainly have a tough job here (with the power comes the pressure, eh? ). Does this latest amendment of the rules imply that I am now captain of The Warriors as Ice had nominated me prior to stepping down?

Or is the verdict still out on whether the other captains have unanimously voted to allow Ice not to have to drop someone thus allowing our team to remain intact?

Cheers,
bp

yeah i need Ice..let CD confirm this agree.gif
Catalonian_Devil
On Ice

http://www.starting11.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=235018

KillDevil
So tough to choose a Vice Captain from the Assassins team, as they're all fantastic FF players thumbsup.gif yet so humble at the same time whistling.gif

After a tough and sleepless few minutes, i've decided to appoint Ryanbest as the Vice Captain. one of the things that swayed it in his favour was that he's prolly the most active out of all of us on S11 and is always around at deadline time, therefore will make sure if i oversleep, The Assassins won't suffer wink.gif

Can't wait to see how long lee lasts if PTC is appointed as VC laugh.gif
drunkflyer
QUOTE (KillDevil @ Nov 11 2010, 08:40 PM) *

I don't think PTC will worry about being a VC in order to lead a mutiny, Lee's days as captain are numbered laugh.gif
bp9000
So tough to choose a Vice Captain from the Assassins team, as they're all fantastic FF players thumbsup.gif yet so humble at the same time whistling.gif

After a tough and sleepless few minutes, i've decided to appoint Ryanbest as the Vice Captain. one of the things that swayed it in his favour was that he's prolly the most active out of all of us on S11 and is always around at deadline time, therefore will make sure if i oversleep, The Assassins won't suffer wink.gif

laugh.gif Love it, further endearing yourself to your mates so as to lessen the possibility of future back-stabbing!
Catalonian_Devil
QUOTE (drunkflyer @ Nov 11 2010, 02:44 PM) *

I don't think PTC will worry about being a VC in order to lead a mutiny, Lee's days as captain are numbered laugh.gif

With that avatar of his you can't help but feel he's born for this role laugh.gif
KillDevil
QUOTE (drunkflyer @ Nov 11 2010, 07:44 PM) *

agree.gif

can't wait for the fireworks to begin laugh.gif
KillDevil
QUOTE (bp9000 @ Nov 11 2010, 07:45 PM) *

laugh.gif Love it, further endearing yourself to your mates so as to lessen the possibility of future back-stabbing!

I've already worked out a way around the mutiny rule, so no need to worry biggrin.gif
krs
Grattan is the Bestiarii captain of vice. smile.gif

'Tis, as it has been, as it ever was. smile.gif
Minimula
QUOTE (krs @ Nov 11 2010, 09:50 PM) *

The captain of vice eh, Grattan? spank.gif unsure.gif
PTC
Has Lee voted on this yet? Probably not. Useless lump that he is. How the heck did he become a captain in the first place? Are you sure he didn't misread the application form and want to sign up as a cretin instead?

I would definitely consider taking over the Lions but I know how much the captaincy means to Lee. I'm not sure I could do that to him. It would crush the poor man's soul.

That said, should I hear encouraging noises from my fellow team mates in the cheap seats...
Grattan
QUOTE (Minimula @ Nov 12 2010, 08:13 AM) *
QUOTE (krs @ Nov 11 2010, 09:50 PM) *

The captain of vice eh, Grattan? spank.gif unsure.gif

Ugly scenes in a Goldmine my friend....most apt

( do i have to do anything , except post a line up when krs sleeps in or is out shopping with his family rolleyes.gif )
Supajokas
QUOTE (Mistaken_Identity @ Nov 12 2010, 03:01 AM) *
Vice Captain - Supajokas

sweet. have no idea how to pick them. so make sure you don't resign laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
RAPID
QUOTE (playtimecharlie @ Nov 12 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Has Lee voted on this yet? Probably not. Useless lump that he is. How the heck did he become a captain in the first place? Are you sure he didn't misread the application form and want to sign up as a cretin instead?

I would definitely consider taking over the Lions but I know how much the captaincy means to Lee. I'm not sure I could do that to him. It would crush the poor man's soul.

That said, should I hear encouraging noises from my fellow team mates in the cheap seats...

I think Lee should make you our (vice) captain in order to keep you in the team...

No matter how much I respect Lee (do I at all eh?) you, PTC, are so much more charismatic, more confident, more impudent etc. You are an inborn leader so I'd say yes, give him that f***ing captaincy! wink.gif
PTC
QUOTE (RAPID @ Nov 11 2010, 08:12 PM) *
I think Lee should make you our (vice) captain in order to keep you in the team...

No matter how much I respect Lee (do I at all eh?) you, PTC, are so much more charismatic, more confident, more impudent etc. You are an inborn leader so I'd say yes, give him that f***ing captaincy! wink.gif

I PM'd Lee and told him to give it to you. I really did. laugh.gif

I don't want it, and I won't leave the Lions.

As for taking over the team from the underperforming Lee...
RAPID
QUOTE (playtimecharlie @ Nov 12 2010, 04:16 AM) *
QUOTE (RAPID @ Nov 11 2010, 08:12 PM) *

I PM'd Lee and told him to give it to you. I really did. laugh.gif

I don't want it, and I won't leave the Lions.

As for taking over the team from the underperforming Lee...

So you'll be the captain then and I'll be the vice-captain... secret.gif
PTC
QUOTE (RAPID @ Nov 11 2010, 08:21 PM) *
So you'll be the captain then and I'll be the vice-captain... secret.gif

Yeah, until such time as I can get DF back in to replace you. wink.gif laugh.gif
kyle_rttb
QUOTE (KillDevil @ Nov 11 2010, 02:40 PM) *

Good choice on Ryan being our VC and sallan the logo is great. So let's do it thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.