Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 23, Save A Free? Or Go For A Utd 3?
Netley Lucas
post Jan 5 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Adjust your gloves with the correct degree of insouciance.

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Overall Points: 1,179
Overall Rank: 686,814
Total Players: 5,651,118
Gameweek Points: 48

A rather mundane start to the year with a rank slip of 820, yes 820. For once a hit yielded a profit, 4pts, yes a net 4pts profit. Not exactly the stuff of DGW dreams is it? My anger at Morata is only just subsiding, how I managed to resist rage-selling when drinking heavily Lord only knows, I don't.
So what to do with Morata? Fixtures so good, form so bad? Looking at the stat's screams hold, nobody can keep missing all these chances for ever, he's due, hold, believe in goals imminent based on big chances. It's hard to be THIS patient, but I think I must be, after suffering so much fantasy pain.
What to do about treble Spurs? Surely one must go next, which one and for whom? I'd like to invest in one of those good 5.4's, Stones, Maguire, Mustafi, VVD... but I'd have to trade down from a Spud, not like4like costs. Maybe Eriksen>Pogba? That would create wedge, but treble Utd? Is that really the way?
More defensively/risk-control would be Eriksen>Sterling, but I'm wary of citeh's midfielders at the top of their value, been there with Sane, painful and costly to buy too late - just before a huge fall.
Hopefully Arnie's hammy is just a bit tight and he's back for 23, same with Salah. Not looking for any early transfers, I don't care about value now, it's decent enough to ignore the market and assess things after the spate of cup games approaching.
Captaincy? Oh boy, Harry is testing again, not fully fit so... Maybe Morata!?

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jammo
post Jan 5 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,544

mahrez netters mahrez

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 5 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (jammo @ Jan 5 2018, 03:27 PM) *
mahrez netters mahrez

Chelski bound? 8.6? I dunno, it is right on the money for Eriksen/Daniels>Mahrez/Stones, but a lot of cup games to get through. If he does go to Chelski it's rotation, if he stays it's sulky Mahrez? laugh.gif I'll keep an eye on him, cheers mate. agree.gif

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.

+Quote Post
jammo
post Jan 5 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

mahrez / lingard / pog / maguire .
all decent prices, all clocking good returns

This post has been edited by jammo: Jan 5 2018, 05:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
the_juice
post Jan 6 2018, 05:11 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,662

your team looks a lot like mine after the DGW. I think you need to grab KUN for Morata or drop Eriksen for Sterling. Eriksen for sterling is what i would do, Morata will come good.

Have you been drinking more Black Sheep? ( have they been on sale?). What did you think of them? (this won't be a thread highjack, don't worry) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
the_juice
post Jan 6 2018, 05:17 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,662

Also to answer your question about United. Going with three is currently not a bad idea. I'm surprised that Pogba is still 7.9, he's a must. Now that Felleini is near return, Lingards minutes could be reduced.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 6 2018, 05:32 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (the_juice @ Jan 6 2018, 05:11 AM) *
your team looks a lot like mine after the DGW. I think you need to grab KUN for Morata or drop Eriksen for Sterling. Eriksen for sterling is what i would do, Morata will come good.

Have you been drinking more Black Sheep? ( have they been on sale?). What did you think of them? (this won't be a thread highjack, don't worry) biggrin.gif

Ah morning mate biggrin.gif . Well the good intentions I had to drink real ale right through Christmas & New Year sadly unraveled into shedloads of sheet lager laugh.gif . Never really organised for drinking, so once I start it inevitably descends to just the offy and they don't do real ale, but are 1 minute away! laugh.gif Sheep is fine yeah, good session ale.
Not massively keen on getting Sterling at this stage, missed all his points and value rises. Has a whiff of paying 9 for Sane just has he was about to plummet. Plus I can't upgrade a weak defender to a good 5.4 so Pogba would be better in that respect, as long as he's not playing too deep. DSilva would fit the bill too but his personal issues seem far from sorted so probably best to hope for the best and observe for now.

This post has been edited by Netley Lucas: Jan 6 2018, 05:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 6 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (jammo @ Jan 5 2018, 05:19 PM) *
mahrez / lingard / pog / maguire .
all decent prices, all clocking good returns

Yeah, think it's looking like Pogba here, then I can get that 3rd 'good' defender the week after.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammo
post Jan 6 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

same issue, already took 1 hit, lingard week after.
and cout - vardy to morata or kun

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 9 2018, 10:25 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (jammo @ Jan 6 2018, 03:17 PM) *
same issue, already took 1 hit, lingard week after.
and cout - vardy to morata or kun

Patience with Morata wearing very thin atm laugh.gif . If I didn't own the pain I wouldn't buy, just a tip mate laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clinical
post Jan 9 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,087

Looking at Chelsea fixtures I think you’re right to try to put your anger at Morata on hold as best you can. He is infuriating but still he MUST put one away soon.

I rarely manage to but I’m contemplating holding a transfer this week just to wait and judge what the best transfer is. That might be an option? You’ll have a lot more information in a weeks time and 2 FTs

--------------------
Current affairs? I like them, I think they’re good

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Jan 9 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

All strikers suck. I'm changing towards 4-5-1 now with Kane leading the line and he has proved he's the deadliest finisher in the league.
Aguero isn't that explosive and can be covered by having KDB or Sterling.
Otamendi has more pts than Aguero and has big goal threat..
Morata is an lost cause, had him for an run of easy fixtures and did very little. Alonso covers Chelsea attack smile.gif
Firmino is an great option but still would rather have 2 liverpool mids, have my eye on Lallana especially if Liverpool fail to sign an Coutinho replacement.

This post has been edited by SuarezPower: Jan 9 2018, 02:35 PM

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 10 2018, 01:15 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Clinical @ Jan 9 2018, 02:21 PM) *
Looking at Chelsea fixtures I think you’re right to try to put your anger at Morata on hold as best you can. He is infuriating but still he MUST put one away soon.

I rarely manage to but I’m contemplating holding a transfer this week just to wait and judge what the best transfer is. That might be an option? You’ll have a lot more information in a weeks time and 2 FTs

It's tempting to save but if as expected I cap Harry, it's 4 spuds effectively... just how many bloody goals will they get v Big Fat Sam? laugh.gif

Eriksen to...

a) Boring Sterling and all those lost points AND give the field a mill
b Cheap as chips Pogba and have cash to Morata>Kun next week?
c) Differential Ozil - nice fixtures and playing well
d) Risky DSilva and upgrade defence next week?
e) Save, start "4" spuds and pray

This post has been edited by Netley Lucas: Jan 10 2018, 01:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 10 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Jan 9 2018, 02:34 PM) *
All strikers suck. I'm changing towards 4-5-1 now with Kane leading the line and he has proved he's the deadliest finisher in the league.
Aguero isn't that explosive and can be covered by having KDB or Sterling.
Otamendi has more pts than Aguero and has big goal threat..
Morata is an lost cause, had him for an run of easy fixtures and did very little. Alonso covers Chelsea attack smile.gif
Firmino is an great option but still would rather have 2 liverpool mids, have my eye on Lallana especially if Liverpool fail to sign an Coutinho replacement.

Not sure this premium defender outperformance v strikers is a phase or permanent. Wouldn't take much to reverse the trend so I'm a bit reluctant to go as far as you but I can see the attraction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Jan 12 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #15

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

Do I pick your Dummett? thinking.gif

--------------------
DOUBLE SAVE OF THE SEASON!!!

“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 12 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (RAPID @ Jan 12 2018, 07:27 PM) *
Do I pick your Dummett? thinking.gif

I think you can invest with a fair degree of confidence as his price compensates for any rotation risk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 12 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #17

Okay, time fixed the injuries with just Quaner's cup knock remaining and he should be right for @sto. Eriksen>Pogba has just been done and 1.4m cash can either up Morata>Kun next week or improve the defence. I guess a lot will depend on Morata but my hopes are so low with him right now he's as good as gone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Jan 12 2018, 08:48 PM
Post #18

...and Justice for All

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jan 12 2018, 10:59 PM) *
I think you can invest with a fair degree of confidence as his price compensates for any rotation risk.

Yep, and it's non-playing-yet-injured Rangel who makes way... worth a hit eh? unsure.gif

I remember you giving some really good tips here and there... it's just you don't always follow them yourself! laugh.gif

--------------------

“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Jan 12 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #19

...and Justice for All

Not much can be commented on your team... you know what you are doing! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 12 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (RAPID @ Jan 12 2018, 08:52 PM) *
Not much can be commented on your team... you know what you are doing! tongue.gif

When you need luck you never get it, when you don't you do wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 08:42 AM