Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 21, 2nd Half Fightback Well On?
Netley Lucas
post Dec 27 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Adjust your gloves with the correct degree of insouciance.

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Gameweek Points: 86
Overall Points: 1,062
Overall Rank: 700,296

Ignore the half mill rank rise, I've no citeh tonight just a couple of Palace tomorrow, it's bogus! laugh.gif

Early move as Austin was tanking - dropped from -80%, caught a few out. Quaner the filler in, and a nice 1.8m in the bank. This can bump Rich to Silva for a punt but given Rich has SWA and it would be a hit it might be wiser to give him 1 last game before he becomes Son for DGW22.
If ever this bloody Chelski triple-up needed to haul big time it's this week, no excuses, it has to happen or 1 or more will have to go.
It's a weak team though w/o Harry & Arnie so I will consider a 1 week punt for a hit as long as there's clear upside and rotation-risk is minimal.
Captaincy? Haz has rarely failed v decimated defences, decimated a few himself over the years, pen's may just seal the deal but Salah tempts too, as does Morata.
Injuries? Just Daniels atm, be good to get him back soon.

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 27 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Strong rumours that Silva has returned to Spain, presumably related to his personal family issues. If h)bou is anything to go by he maybe back for @cpl although what it's all doing to his head is anyone's guess so best let that settle and either stick to Rich or look at somebody else.
Many think Rich will get a rest soon,me too. But with @mac after h)swa surely the rest is in the impossible game not the easier one? Especially with the unexpected win v LEI? Better hit the wat forums laugh.gif

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 27 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #3

They haven't started a SWA thread yet but fans thought Rich can't play up top, worked his socks off once he got wide again, right to the end, up & down. Needs to relax a bit in front of goal, goals will come, one thought he should get SWA then be rested @mac and then again in the cup.

So nothing to really suggest he's totally knackered as his work-rate was great to the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 28 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 27 2017, 03:20 PM) *
They haven't started a SWA thread yet but fans thought Rich can't play up top, worked his socks off once he got wide again, right to the end, up & down. Needs to relax a bit in front of goal, goals will come, one thought he should get SWA then be rested @mac and then again in the cup.

So nothing to really suggest he's totally knackered as his work-rate was great to the end.

"Richarlison- I love how hard this guy works. Was still putting his absolute all in when the game was coming to a close. If there was any doubt of where his best position is (not sure if there was?) it is most definitely out on the left. Up top it just didn't work, he was absolutely dominated. Won a few balls in the air but they were few and far between, can't knock his effort, tried his best but it just wasn't working. Not sure why he tried to round the keeper, he absolutely has to hit that earlier, maybe a confidence issue? Was much improved when out left. Did well to hook the ball towards goal which resulted in our goal and was desperately unlucky when he smacked the post shortly after. Looked dead on his feet by the end but that win meant so much to him. Desperately in need of a rest, we're crying out for another attacking player to step up to allow us to do that." (Watford fan on a forum)

Hmmm, 'desperately in need of a rest', that word desperately is spooking me a bit, especially from a fan - they tend to err on the optimistic side of things when things have gone quite well. If Daniels is still crocked and he gets rested I have no bench. 8,2 to spend at a 4pt cost... huh.gif

a) Play him and hope, save the 4pts
b Get DSilva if he's back training
c) Get Pogba
d) Lingard?
e) Someone else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 28 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,184

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 27 2017, 08:23 PM) *
Hmmm, 'desperately in need of a rest', that word desperately is spooking me a bit, especially from a fan - they tend to err on the optimistic side of things when things have gone quite well. If Daniels is still crocked and he gets rested I have no bench. 8,2 to spend at a 4pt cost... huh.gif

a) Play him and hope, save the 4pts
b Get DSilva if he's back training
c) Get Pogba
d) Lingard?
e) Someone else?

Thatís a tough one mate. Between A and C for me.

--------------------
Have a good Clash Royale clan? Let me know!

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Dec 28 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #6

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Member No.: 6,379

A

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena league Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
WALOR
post Dec 28 2017, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,728

A

--------------------
If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.

DeGea Speroni

VdV Chilwell Jones Mariappa Bauer

c) Salah Walcott Mkhitaryan Sterling Ramsey

Aguero Kane Niasse

0.0 itb

FFS HoF position 959 ("Roscoe Pound")

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 28 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

A

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 28 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #9

Cheers fellas, Rich wins it easily although a little half vote for Pogba -4 laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 29 2017, 04:04 AM
Post #10

Getting tempted by RLC>Gross for a hit? Nice run of games bar the Chelski one and should still be able to Haz/Rich>Alli/Son next week for a 4. Prices are a tad iffy though so need to be alert. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 29 2017, 06:21 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,184

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 28 2017, 11:04 PM) *
Getting tempted by RLC>Gross for a hit? Nice run of games bar the Chelski one and should still be able to Haz/Rich>Alli/Son next week for a 4. Prices are a tad iffy though so need to be alert. rolleyes.gif

Will Gross outscore RLC by 4 over the next 2 games? Iím not sure he will. Brighton havenít been scoring much lately. Pretty sure Palace have looked better. I would make that move into GW23 if it still feels right and do it for free. Still gives you 5/6 great matchups in his run.

--------------------
Have a good Clash Royale clan? Let me know!

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 29 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #12

The temptation to spend 4 in 'improving' RLC was just too great. The team just looked way too light with basically 2 8th's in Quaner & him. Probably not worth 4 immediately but feels a bit stronger and Saints still have huge injury issues at the back so he might add to his recent tallies, you never know.
Cap still on Haz, that Stoke defence has surely got to be exposed. Still a bit of a cushion to bring Son & Alli in for 22 for a hit but that will probably be it, 4 dgw 'attackers', no defenders.
Sounds like Daniels is close but I'm not expecting him back this week, Naughton B1. Not anticipating massive rotation but expecting some, be lucky to get XI out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Dec 30 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #13

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

Keeping Richo and getting Lingard probably what I would have done. Be afraid. laugh.gif

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 08:41 AM