Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 34, Points Galore Or Still On The Floor?
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Overall Points: 1,816
Overall Rank: 418,524
Gameweek Points: 38

With all hope of 50k gone attention now turns to 100k and getting a solid dgw bb out. Don't mind taking a hit or 2 as theoretically it's the biggest gameweek of the season.
Whether Stephens's red is a blessing in disguise remains to be seen but it does force a transfer.
Bigger questions need answering first though;

Kane or Lukaku?
Mo or No?
Gross?
Stephens > ?

The right answers and 100k is on, wrong and it could be the worst ever season.

I'm going to play this game differently next season. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JFG
post Apr 9 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

Still On The Floor.

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Apr 9 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Member No.: 6,379

You won't change your way of playing and you know it laugh.gif

As for the transfers flick a coin mate tongue.gif

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena Champion 2017/18 with Renegades!
S11 Arena League Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 9 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #4

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 11:18 PM) *
I'm going to play this game differently next season. laugh.gif

I keep telling myself the same thing, but you can't change the modus operandi of the beast.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 02:18 PM) *
Kane or Lukaku?

With the amount of hits you're probably going to need to take, I'd go with Kane. If you go Lukaku you'll need to take more hits in 36 to get Kane in. Lukaku might do better than Kane, he might not. Not sure Lukaku will win if Kane gets a 4 point headstart.

Mo or No?

Think you made that decision when you kept him last week, that was the right time to sell if you were going to. I'd keep unless Klopp says he won't play.

Gross?

Gross isn't brilliant but I don't think he's a priority to get rid of considering your other issues. Obviously if you need the units he could be a nice downgrade.

Stephens > ?

I'd leave that one till last and see what you have left.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 03:07 PM) *
With the amount of hits you're probably going to need to take, I'd go with Kane. If you go Lukaku you'll need to take more hits in 36 to get Kane in. Lukaku might do better than Kane, he might not. Not sure Lukaku will win if Kane gets a 4 point headstart.

Think you made that decision when you kept him last week, that was the right time to sell if you were going to. I'd keep unless Klopp says he won't play.

Gross isn't brilliant but I don't think he's a priority to get rid of considering your other issues. Obviously if you need the units he could be a nice downgrade.

I'd leave that one till last and see what you have left.

I'll need to take a hit to bring Kane in though? Stephens & cash can't fund Kane? I can bring Lukaku & a 4.4 def in for free this week.

I was happy to bench Mo last week as Barnes was decent cover but this is this week and I'm still undecided on him tbh.

Yeah Gross could be okay @cpl if nowt else.

Stephens is an idiot, he'd have been fine in a back 3, sheesh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

The best thing to do is probably nothing until it's clear Mo starts or doesn't v bou because it will affect everything. The best Mo replacement is Eriksen, that means Lukaku in and Stephens to 4.8 as of now. Obviously by Saturday morning it won't be 4.8 but it should still be at least the 4.2 that Masuaku costs so there's no rush to make any transfers until Saturday.

Sensible and pragmatic, the beast is being tamed. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 05:28 PM) *
I'll need to take a hit to bring Kane in though? Stephens & cash can't fund Kane? I can bring Lukaku & a 4.4 def in for free this week.

I was happy to bench Mo last week as Barnes was decent cover but this is this week and I'm still undecided on him tbh.

Yeah Gross could be okay @cpl if nowt else.

Stephens is an idiot, he'd have been fine in a back 3, sheesh laugh.gif

You didn't make it clear at all that you only wanted to make 2 transfers though. Just seems silly to make 2 transfers to get Kane in 36 when you'll want some City reps for 37 and what about your Salah out and in plan as well?

True, but now Salah v someone like Eriksen or Alli is closer than it was last week. You've already missed Eriksen's big haul.

I didn't plan on keeping Gross this week but not too bothered that I probably will now. It's why planning for the wildcard is so important, I gave myself plenty of routes to get Kane without a hit and knew that whichever one I took, the players I left in the side should be fine to keep. Funnily enough, Salah to Alli was obviously not one of the routes I'd planned for but there you go.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #9

By the way - seeing as I've already made my transfer for this week I figured I'd have a look at my free hit side for next week. Looks amazing on paper! Would be interested to see yours if you've already planned one which I figure you have?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 06:26 PM) *
You didn't make it clear at all that you only wanted to make 2 transfers though. Just seems silly to make 2 transfers to get Kane in 36 when you'll want some City reps for 37 and what about your Salah out and in plan as well?

True, but now Salah v someone like Eriksen or Alli is closer than it was last week. You've already missed Eriksen's big haul.

I didn't plan on keeping Gross this week but not too bothered that I probably will now. It's why planning for the wildcard is so important, I gave myself plenty of routes to get Kane without a hit and knew that whichever one I took, the players I left in the side should be fine to keep. Funnily enough, Salah to Alli was obviously not one of the routes I'd planned for but there you go.

I can take a couple of hits, but it doesn't mean it's advantageous from a hit pov to do Kane now or later, it's the same.

Eriksen only matters if Mo isn't going to start.

If Mo's fine I can get Kane via Gross, useful funds.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 06:34 PM) *
By the way - seeing as I've already made my transfer for this week I figured I'd have a look at my free hit side for next week. Looks amazing on paper! Would be interested to see yours if you've already planned one which I figure you have?

I honestly haven't looked, not attempted a side yet. Let's see...

3 mac
3 ars
3 liv

That right? And 6 others? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 06:45 PM) *
I can take a couple of hits, but it doesn't mean it's advantageous from a hit pov to do Kane now or later, it's the same.

Eriksen only matters if Mo isn't going to start.

If Mo's fine I can get Kane via Gross, useful funds.

You can't get Kane in without taking a hit (not easily anyway) but if you end up taking a hit for Lukaku then it is advantageous to get Kane now. And like you said, if Kane goes up in price a few times between now and 36 it won't be easy to get him and some City reps for 37.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 06:55 PM) *
I honestly haven't looked, not attempted a side yet. Let's see...

3 mac
3 ars
3 liv

That right? And 6 others? laugh.gif

Yeah - although I didn't feel the need to plan for having 4 playing subs, need to maximise the 11.

Aguero, Auba and Firmino up front wub.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 06:57 PM) *
You can't get Kane in without taking a hit (not easily anyway) but if you end up taking a hit for Lukaku then it is advantageous to get Kane now. And like you said, if Kane goes up in price a few times between now and 36 it won't be easy to get him and some City reps for 37.

I can get Lukaku with the 2 frees though. In fact Stephens being out has helped as I was 0.1 short so would have had to sell Stephens or Gross anyway to get him in. Gross is an odd one as if you sell him to buy lower the quality crashes markedly.
If I go Kane right now, Gross goes leaving 4.7 and Stephens still needs sorting. For argument's sake lets assume the Stephens replacement is the same player regardless of Kane or Kaku and that Mo is fine.

a) Kane + Westwood/Cork

b Lukaku + Gross + 4pts

That's what it's really boiling down to.

This post has been edited by Netley Lucas: Apr 9 2018, 07:07 PM

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 08:07 PM) *
I can get Lukaku with the 2 frees though. In fact Stephens being out has helped as I was 0.1 short so would have had to sell Stephens or Gross anyway to get him in. Gross is an odd one as if you sell him to buy lower the quality crashes markedly.
If I go Kane right now, Gross goes leaving 4.7 and Stephens still needs sorting. For argument's sake lets assume the Stephens replacement is the same player regardless of Kane or Kaku and that Mo is fine.

a) Kane + Westwood/Cork

b Lukaku + Gross + 4pts

That's what it's really boiling down to.

So now you're saying it's not equal? You change your mind often don't you? That 4 points isn't there because you and me both know you'll do Lukaku to Kane for a hit in 36 if you go with B. If you get Kane now you won't take a hit in 36 and you'll be able to bring in maybe a City asset for 37. And obviously the further away from the wildcard you get, the more transfers you feel you might need to make, so committing to two in 36 (Lukaku to Kane and one to fund it) seems silly to me personally.

This post has been edited by Spurs Crew: Apr 9 2018, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 08:19 PM) *
So now you're saying it's not equal? You change your mind often don't you? That 4 points isn't there because you and me both know you'll do Lukaku to Kane for a hit in 36 if you go with B. If you get Kane now you won't take a hit in 36 and you'll be able to bring in maybe a City asset for 37. And obviously the further away from the wildcard you get, the more transfers you feel you might need to make, so committing to two in 36 (Lukaku to Kane and one to fund it) seems silly to me personally.

Well it's equal from a hit pov, but there's the Gross matter in 34? We are surely agreeing he's better than the bur mid-4's?
I don't want Gross at all after 34 so he can fund Kane in 36? Is that right? What am I missing? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 07:52 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

1h ago
Training photos: Reds get ready for City second leg

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 08:32 PM) *
Well it's equal from a hit pov, but there's the Gross matter in 34? We are surely agreeing he's better than the bur mid-4's?
I don't want Gross at all after 34 so he can fund Kane in 36? Is that right? What am I missing? laugh.gif

What you're missing is the potential for you needing to do more important transfers for 36 when it gets there. I've got Kane now and no matter what happens he's ready in my side for 36 and my TC in 37. If you get a few injuries or some of your players start getting benched you might see Lukaku to Kane as a luxury transfer and miss out on him. You might have to sort out Salah in 36 as well if it's obvious he won't play if Liverpool are still in the CL, and like you said, you don't want Gross after 34 either, another transfer. For me, Lukaku v Kane in 34 is a complete coin toss. Sure, United's fixtures are better but Kane is a significantly better player and FPL asset with a golden boot to chase down. If you think it's a coin toss too surely it's better to just get him in and be happy he's there for 37?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 08:56 PM) *
What you're missing is the potential for you needing to do more important transfers for 36 when it gets there. I've got Kane now and no matter what happens he's ready in my side for 36 and my TC in 37. If you get a few injuries or some of your players start getting benched you might see Lukaku to Kane as a luxury transfer and miss out on him. You might have to sort out Salah in 36 as well if it's obvious he won't play if Liverpool are still in the CL, and like you said, you don't want Gross after 34 either, another transfer. For me, Lukaku v Kane in 34 is a complete coin toss. Sure, United's fixtures are better but Kane is a significantly better player and FPL asset with a golden boot to chase down. If you think it's a coin toss too surely it's better to just get him in and be happy he's there for 37?

Okay, let's say pool progress and 21yr old Anfield Express says Mo's out v sto. Now I want to buy Kane in 36, short of funds? Who do you think I would sell? Mo? How much would he give after Kaku>Kane? Enough for a mac maybe? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

How's this?

34 | Aubameyang & Stephens > Lukaku & Masuaku - 2 ft's
35 | FHC
36 | Lukaku & Salah > Kane & DSilva - 4pt hit
37 | Barnes > JAyew
38 | Hit to get Mo back?

Nicely set-up for 37? What would your transfer be in 36 SC?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 07:49 AM