Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now England Are Out... Let's See What Fpl's About.
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Mo's a heavy 13 but a nice cap. Sterling eleven but at WC and the rest look ok price-wise. Some intriguing 7's up top, a bracket that was tricky last season. Some lovely priced defenders and keepers. Citeh midfielders look a minefield, as do their strikers. Gooners have some interesting value though. Everton's 'talent' is priced well and is Cedric really 4.5 now? Some good promoted assets too on paper, doesn't always translate in PL but some will for sure.

I'm playing more cautiously this season as my calls are poor as I get older, touch & feel not quite there so need to play it more craftily, more nous than guts! laugh.gif

With a lot of talent still at WC I plan to hold some cash, not shedloads but 1.5 to 2. Less hits, more patience and less like4like trades.

Okay let's start with keepers;

One keeper stands out a mile, Fabianski @4.5 at whm. They do have an iffy start but he looks value. Likewise Ryan, these 2 for 9 look incredible value.

Defenders;

Robertson even at 6 looks the real deal, everything you could want.
Coleman under Silva for 5.5? What a tempter with those fixtures.
Cedric is 4.5. This guy was 5.5 a few seasons back and now as a wing-back?
Tomkins is 4.5 too, a lot of bang for your buck.
Wan-Bissaka @4, if he's ahead of Wardy he's in!

Midfield;

Mo, 13, he's in.
Mahrez for now
Wally, 6.5 under Silva, looks good
Cairney at 5, this is a bandwagon spot, I will have cash to up it but it's on Cairney right now.
Masuaku at 4.5 - not many (any?) attacking 4.5's so he's in for now.

Strikers;

Aguero, but can be Jesus if and when
Bobby, if back properly, if not Laca
Zaha ahead of Arnie for now

Cash;

A mill banked but might run Fab alone to get it to 1.5

Too conservative?

--------------------
S11 Arena 2018/19 | FPL Code 2538-1951 | Register Here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NichiNichev
post Jul 12 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 40,465

What about Ben Foster, 3 not so hard first games for Watford: BHA, bur, CRP. At @4.5 I think he offers good value. Ryan and Fabianski are good too though.

Defenders: what are your thoughts on TAA @5 he is @1 cheaper than Robertson? Really like Robertson though, Cedric at @4.5 is a bargain.

Midfielders: Martial is @7.5 and listed as a midfielder, think he can offer some good value. A lot of guys are on the Jota/Sess bandwagon; what are your thoughts on that pair?

Forwards: Zaha, Bobby are great calls, really like 'em. Aguero/Jesus will be hard. What about Morata?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NichiNichev @ Jul 12 2018, 05:13 PM) *
What about Ben Foster, 3 not so hard first games for Watford: BHA, bur, CRP. At @4.5 I think he offers good value. Ryan and Fabianski are good too though.

Defenders: what are your thoughts on TAA @5 he is @1 cheaper than Robertson? Really like Robertson though, Cedric at @4.5 is a bargain.

Midfielders: Martial is @7.5 and listed as a midfielder, think he can offer some good value. A lot of guys are on the Jota/Sess bandwagon; what are your thoughts on that pair?

Forwards: Zaha, Bobby are great calls, really like 'em. Aguero/Jesus will be hard. What about Morata?

Hey bud, you had a nice break? biggrin.gif

I think most of these 4.5's offer value because of the save/bap/pen padding and tbh a lot of the hefty scores come in tricky games so I don't focus purely on fixtures with keepers. Main thing is do they make a lot of saves and are they likely to continue to do so this season?

TAA is good value, there's some cracking value tbh and it just depends on your budget and how you arrange it.

Martial fell out of favour with Maureen so I'd be wary, he just doesn't seem to fit in. You never know with promoted players, that's why I'm going cheap with Cairney. It's a punty spot but it can change easily enough.

Morata isn't very good, arguably the most frustrating player I've ever owned. Apart from that he's great! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NichiNichev
post Jul 12 2018, 05:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 40,465

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 12 2018, 06:56 PM) *
Hey bud, you had a nice break? biggrin.gif

I think most of these 4.5's offer value because of the save/bap/pen padding and tbh a lot of the hefty scores come in tricky games so I don't focus purely on fixtures with keepers. Main thing is do they make a lot of saves and are they likely to continue to do so this season?

TAA is good value, there's some cracking value tbh and it just depends on your budget and how you arrange it.

Martial fell out of favour with Maureen so I'd be wary, he just doesn't seem to fit in. You never know with promoted players, that's why I'm going cheap with Cairney. It's a punty spot but it can change easily enough.

Morata isn't very good, arguably the most frustrating player I've ever owned. Apart from that he's great! laugh.gif

Hiya, mate. Everything's fine here. Hope you are OK, too.

Yes, I do agree with your statement about Morata. Also some rumours saying that he is leaving the club and Higuain coming.. but still just rumours. So early days, yeah. Will see what happens.

Hope you have a nice season.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NichiNichev @ Jul 12 2018, 06:08 PM) *
Hiya, mate. Everything's fine here. Hope you are OK, too.

Yes, I do agree with your statement about Morata. Also some rumours saying that he is leaving the club and Higuain coming.. but still just rumours. So early days, yeah. Will see what happens.

Hope you have a nice season.

Cheers.

And you bud, take care. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JFG
post Jul 12 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 12 2018, 03:41 PM) *
Too conservative?

Yes.

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Jul 12 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 12 2018, 03:41 PM) *
Mo's a heavy 13 but a nice cap. Sterling eleven but at WC and the rest look ok price-wise. Some intriguing 7's up top, a bracket that was tricky last season. Some lovely priced defenders and keepers. Citeh midfielders look a minefield, as do their strikers. Gooners have some interesting value though. Everton's 'talent' is priced well and is Cedric really 4.5 now? Some good promoted assets too on paper, doesn't always translate in PL but some will for sure.

I'm playing more cautiously this season as my calls are poor as I get older, touch & feel not quite there so need to play it more craftily, more nous than guts! laugh.gif

With a lot of talent still at WC I plan to hold some cash, not shedloads but 1.5 to 2. Less hits, more patience and less like4like trades.

Okay let's start with keepers;

One keeper stands out a mile, Fabianski @4.5 at whm. They do have an iffy start but he looks value. Likewise Ryan, these 2 for 9 look incredible value.

Defenders;

Robertson even at 6 looks the real deal, everything you could want.
Cedric is 4.5. This guy was 5.5 a few seasons back and now as a wing-back?
Tomkins is 4.5 too, a lot of bang for your buck.
Wan-Bissaka @4, if he's ahead of Wardy he's in!

Midfield;

Mo, 13, he's in.
Mahrez for now
Wally, 6.5 under Silva, looks good
Cairney at 5, this is a bandwagon spot, I will have cash to up it but it's on Cairney right now.
Masuaku at 4.5 - not many (any?) attacking 4.5's so he's in for now.

Strikers;

Aguero, but can be Jesus if and when
Bobby, if back properly, if not Laca
Zaha ahead of Arnie for now

Cash;

A mill banked but might run Fab alone to get it to 1.5

Too conservative?

It's not too far off from what I'll be doing but I'll be putting main focus on fixtures. I would usually wc gw3/gw4 whenever international break falls but think I'll try to keep it for as long as possible now smile.gif
Firmino might have only 2 weeks to get up to speed wink.gif,also I'm torn on whether to include him. Liverpool fixtures are good until gw4 then there's so many tricky matches.
Robertson will prove value for money and probably burn me, can't see myself owning at start of season especially with GK situation up in the air.
I had Aguero start of last season, then switched for Lukaku gw3 and the rest is history rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif . I'll try to be less kneejerk this season and give players at least 4/5 gameweeks to shine!
I had horrible luck with goalkeepers last season, just gonna stick with 1 premium GK this season biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jammo
post Jul 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,544

fabs/patricio
we have same front 3,
mo/mahrez.
2 other mids jota/sess both 6.5 - spare mid - stephens 4.5
and dont forget wolves just signed patricio 4.5

def - trent/ward/daniels/bolly/cedric/
.5 bank

This post has been edited by jammo: Jul 12 2018, 06:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Jul 12 2018, 07:21 PM) *
It's not too far off from what I'll be doing but I'll be putting main focus on fixtures. I would usually wc gw3/gw4 whenever international break falls but think I'll try to keep it for as long as possible now smile.gif
Firmino might have only 2 weeks to get up to speed wink.gif,also I'm torn on whether to include him. Liverpool fixtures are good until gw4 then there's so many tricky matches.
Robertson will prove value for money and probably burn me, can't see myself owning at start of season especially with GK situation up in the air.
I had Aguero start of last season, then switched for Lukaku gw3 and the rest is history rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif . I'll try to be less kneejerk this season and give players at least 4/5 gameweeks to shine!
I had horrible luck with goalkeepers last season, just gonna stick with 1 premium GK this season biggrin.gif

Same here, need to be more patient. Might set-up some rules to stick to! laugh.gif If I don't I'll make the same mistakes all over again.

Many will go DDG or Ederson but that's 10 or 9.5 minimum. Fab got 157pts in a relegated side, Ryan 146. These numbers are up there with the best on value. Ryan & Steele for 8.5 is a real tempter.

I'd like some Gooners but tricky 2 fixtures, but as Bobby's get tough Laca's ease, so maybe that's a plan.

Need to assess citeh properly, caused me no end of problems last season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jammo @ Jul 12 2018, 07:41 PM) *
fabs/patricio
we have same front 3,
mo/mahrez.
2 other mids jota/sess both 6.5 - spare mid - stephens 4.5
and dont forget wolves just signed patricio 4.5

def - trent/ward/daniels/bolly/cedric/
.5 bank

Similar set-up then, is that Burnley's Ward? Oh had Daniels for ages last season and hated him. It felt as if he was on the slide and I even lost money on him after buying in "cheap" laugh.gif . gl bud, some nice promotion picks too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammo
post Jul 12 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,544

ryan/steel wont help to much with BB as steel prob wont
get a look in, thats a points dropper?

yes burnlys ward - might go mee

This post has been edited by jammo: Jul 12 2018, 07:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jammo @ Jul 12 2018, 08:04 PM) *
ryan/steel wont help to much with BB as steel prob wont
get a look in, thats a points dropper?

yes burnlys ward - might go mee

BB after 2nd WC though so no sweat. Dunno if Steele will be their number 2 but he might be if they don't get a good back-up soon. Just been reading about him laugh.gif I do like a proper 8.5 set-up, Speroni & Hen did work well, it was just that the extra wedge was wasted! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Lifted from Blue Moon, I assume they're estimates of return to training dates
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So with Mahrez signing and Bravo spotted here is what we're working with

Currently training:
Grimshaw
Muric
Hart
Bravo
Adarabioyo
Denayer
Laporte
Humphreys
Zinchenko
Phil Foden (ENGLAND U19 Championship runs =16–29th July 2018 - Pep could block it)
Ambrose
Eric Garcia
Roberts
Mahrez
Luiz
Celina
Diaz,
Nmecha
Pozo
Diallo
Bolton (ENGLAND U19 Championship runs =16–29th July 2018 - Pep could block it)
Tom Dele-Bashiru
Jack Harrison

NOT AT THE CFA - Manu Garcia (Toulouse), Alex Garcia (Girona), Mangala (Dr Cugat fixing him), Moreno (Flamengo)

16th July
Gundogan
Sane (given extended break due to being part of Germany WC training before last minute drop)

[20TH JULY DORTMUND ]

23rd July WC players that went out 30/06:
Bernardo Silva
David Silva
Nicolas Otamendi
Sergio Aguero

[25th JULY LIVERPOOL]

[28TH JULY BAYERN]

30th July WC players likely to exit 06/07
Ederson
Fernandinho
Gabriel Jesus
Danilo [Injured Ankle Ligaments on 5th July - 2-3 weeks in protective boot then light training]

[5TH AUGUST - CHELSEA]

6th August, Even players knocked out in WC SF will have to play 3rd/4th place play-off on Saturday then 3 weeks off.
De Bruyne
Kompany
Fabian Delph
John Stones
Kyle Walker
Raheem Sterling
Benjamin Mendy (World Cup finalist!)
Phil Foden (if called up to Eng u19s)
Luke Bolton (if called up to Eng u19s)

[9TH AUGUST - TRANSFER WINDOW SHUTS!]
[12TH AUGUST - ARSENAL]

--------------------

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Jul 12 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #14

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jul 12 2018, 05:41 PM) *

After GW1 obviously...

--------------------
“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Jul 12 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #15

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

So, Mahrez will be a 'slow' RW with rapid Walker as opposed to speedy Sane LW without a LB (Mendy?)...

--------------------
“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Jul 12 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

Salah + Mane back training next Friday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RAPID @ Jul 12 2018, 10:30 PM) *
So, Mahrez will be a 'slow' RW with rapid Walker as opposed to speedy Sane LW without a LB (Mendy?)...

God (Pep) knows, all I think I know is Mahrez will be ready for ars and Razza won't. Sane will be ready too but he's 9.5 and I dunno, trying to keep 1.5 somehow but it's tricky - might even go DSilva.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jul 12 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Jul 12 2018, 10:31 PM) *
Salah + Mane back training next Friday smile.gif

So that's about 3 weeks holiday from leaving Russia? Yep, sounds right, cheers. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Yesterday, 10:07 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Okay, WC nicely over, let's get a 1st draft down.

I'm a big fan of a good 8.5 starter/back-up in goal, it worked with bad keepers of cpl last season so with a good keeper you'd think it would work too. Brighton do seem to keep it quite tight so let's give it a go.

Premiums are Robbo & Coleman and the 2 x 4.5's are Cedric & Tomkins plus any starting 4, atm on Bennett but that might change if they buy a better defender at RCB.

Mo & Mahrez look good premiums and Wally & Jota nice punchy 6.5's, RAPID will be happy. Chalobah is a fine player when not injured, might not get many returns but at least he's good and 4.5.

Kun & Bobby will do for now and Zaha just pips the others 7 and unders as Palace's best player.

The 1.5m I was saving is in Jota instead of Cairney but it can become anyone 6.5 and under.

Be interesting to see how many of these I change before gw1, which players would you change?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: akeem_hgm

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 04:35 PM