Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 34, Points Galore Or Still On The Floor?
Spurs Crew
post Apr 11 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #41

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 11 2018, 03:42 PM) *
This is surprising seeing Kane & Kaku are around the 30% ownership? Are folk buying Kane to not cap? laugh.gif

Thank you for voting!

Lukaku 36.56% (1,137 votes)

Kane 26.14% (813 votes)

Not really that surprising.

A lot of dead teams will have Kane, which pushes his ownership up. The FFS poll is only for live teams and it shows Lukaku is more highly owned and captained, which I'm happy with. Having the best striker in the league as a differential sounds great to me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 12 2018, 02:09 AM
Post #42

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 12 2018, 12:47 AM) *

A lot of dead teams will have Kane, which pushes his ownership up. The FFS poll is only for live teams and it shows Lukaku is more highly owned and captained, which I'm happy with. Having the best striker in the league as a differential sounds great to me

How is Harry the best striker? Mo has scored more goals, given more assists, has played less time, and in fantasy football, costs less.

The reality is, if you didn't pick Harry at all this season, and jumped from striker to striker, you'd have been much better off.

That might still be the case from now until the end of the season, if you choose to pick and stay with Lukaku, and spend the extra units elsewhere. But if you get Lukaku now, then get Harry next week, even on a FT, I'd still consider that a 4pt hit. There's bound to be a required transfer made later for a hit, so keeping a FT will be handy.

Can Lukaku outscore Harry by 4 or more? If he was guaranteed to play 180 mins, I'd say yes.
But I think that's the issue, hence why going straight to Harry is probably the right thing to do, if you want to triple capt him in W37.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 12 2018, 02:25 AM
Post #43

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 12 2018, 03:09 AM) *
How is Harry the best striker? Mo has scored more goals, given more assists, has played less time, and in fantasy football, costs less.

The reality is, if you didn't pick Harry at all this season, and jumped from striker to striker, you'd have been much better off.

That might still be the case from now until the end of the season, if you choose to pick and stay with Lukaku, and spend the extra units elsewhere. But if you get Lukaku now, then get Harry next week, even on a FT, I'd still consider that a 4pt hit. There's bound to be a required transfer made later for a hit, so keeping a FT will be handy.

Can Lukaku outscore Harry by 4 or more? If he was guaranteed to play 180 mins, I'd say yes.
But I think that's the issue, hence why going straight to Harry is probably the right thing to do, if you want to triple capt him in W37.

Salah isn't a striker though? He's also not listed as a forward in fantasy. Salah is a wonderful player and deserves to win POTY, but it's obvious I wasn't talking about him, nor comparing him to Kane, so why bring him up? They're both great players, although very different. Why do Liverpool fans have such a complex when it comes to Salah v Kane?

You might be right about not picking Kane all season, but as a Spurs fan I really like owning him when he's fit. It makes fantasy more enjoyable as well as watching the games (if that's possible). Of course, I want to do well in FPL but it's not paying the bills, so enjoying it is my main aim.

I think Kane and Lukaku will score about the same this week. But like you say, going Kane now saves a transfer and you'll want him in 36 onwards. Plus, if one of them is going to score huge, I'd back that to be Kane, and not Lukaku.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 02:33 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44,432

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 11 2018, 03:47 PM) *

The top 10k in gw33 had Kane on 24.9% and Lukaku on 24.32% and transfers in this week Kane is well ahead of Lukaku, 89k v 58k yet ffs has Lukaku 10% clear in the cap polls. Something's not quite right laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Netley Lucas: Apr 12 2018, 02:34 AM

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 12 2018, 02:37 AM
Post #45

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 03:33 AM) *
The top 10k in gw34 had Kane on 24.9% and Lukaku on 24.32% and transfers in this week Kane is well ahead of Lukaku, 89k v 58k yet ffs has Lukaku 10% clear in the cap polls. Something's not quite right laugh.gif

Don't think you mean GW34? Interesting though, more difficult for me to explain away for sure.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 02:47 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 12 2018, 03:37 AM) *
Don't think you mean GW34? Interesting though, more difficult for me to explain away for sure.

Yeah, the only explanation that would make sense of the 10% margin is that they are the ones with both and are capping the better fixtures. The ffs does give Lukaku a slight edge on rmt predicted score but not enough to account for 10%.

I've looked at getting both but it's too messy and Vardy for his money kind of makes it all work. Folk with 106 values can do it easily but 104 is too tight especially holding Alonso.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 12 2018, 02:54 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 03:47 AM) *
Yeah, the only explanation that would make sense of the 10% margin is that they are the ones with both and are capping the better fixtures. The ffs does give Lukaku a slight edge on rmt predicted score but not enough to account for 10%.

I've looked at getting both but it's too messy and Vardy for his money kind of makes it all work. Folk with 106 values can do it easily but 104 is too tight especially holding Alonso.

Yep the Lukaku and Kane ship sailed for me the minute the Week 32 deadline passed. But like you say, Vardy has outscored Lukaku so far and represents better value, so far anyway. He certainly hasn't done anything to make me consider a hit to get rid of him.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Dyche said on Mee: It could possibly be a number of weeks to let it settle down, which is a shame as hes had such a good season. Its basically a deep bone bruise, which he has had before on the other shin, that cost him the last few games last season. Its a stress reaction at the bottom of his shin and ankle, so we will see.

Read more at: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/footba...eason-1-9111484

Well that's the Stephens replacement sorted.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 12 2018, 01:27 PM
Post #49

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 10:46 PM) *
Dyche said on Mee: It could possibly be a number of weeks to let it settle down, which is a shame as hes had such a good season. Its basically a deep bone bruise, which he has had before on the other shin, that cost him the last few games last season. Its a stress reaction at the bottom of his shin and ankle, so we will see.

Read more at: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/footba...eason-1-9111484

Well that's the Stephens replacement sorted.

Might punt on him for VDH, though I really wanted VDH for the latter weeks.

Also leaning towards Kaku now, given his record against WBA and BOU, and Arry's against City and BRI.
People also reckon Mou never rests his 9, so Kaku could well play a lot of time in the next 3 games.

Apparently City also kept CSes against ARS and CHE when Dino last went MIA, so he might be their liability. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by vsberlina: Apr 12 2018, 01:38 PM

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 12 2018, 02:27 PM) *
Might punt on him for VDH, though I really wanted VDH for the latter weeks.

Also leaning towards Kaku now, given his record against WBA and BOU, and Arry's against City and BRI.
People also reckon Mou never rests his 9, so Kaku could well play a lot of time in the next 3 games.

Apparently City also kept CSes against ARS and CHE when Dino last went MIA, so he might be their liability. laugh.gif

Long should be the "Mee Goal Threat" laugh.gif VDH is on grass but training separately so a bit iffy.

I was leaning back towards Kane, that Saturday night atmosphere? huh.gif

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 12 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #51

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 11:50 PM) *
Long should be the "Mee Goal Threat" laugh.gif VDH is on grass but training separately so a bit iffy.

I was leaning back towards Kane, that Saturday night atmosphere? huh.gif

The last FFS scoutcast convinced me. All the stats in Lukaku's favour and none in Kane's.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 12 2018, 02:58 PM) *
The last FFS scoutcast convinced me. All the stats in Lukaku's favour and none in Kane's.

The one stat to rule them all? laugh.gif

67 - Kane
39 - Lukaku

The citeh game is the key, not many sides can get through them but it tends to be the ones who have a solid midfield and counter with pace & skill. Liverpool & Spurs?

If I can get a decent 5.1 in for Gross I may go Kane, JWP could be the one... huh.gif

+Quote Post
JFG
post Apr 12 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 12 2018, 02:58 PM) *
All the stats in Lukaku's favour and none in Kane's.

Yes, but if Luakau scores, Kane may claim it...

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Can't really decide until Mo is 'certain' to start because I've 2 tot's already and if Mo was out then his spot has to go to Eriksen or Alli not Pogba or Lingard.
If Mo's fine then Auba/Gross/Stephens > Kane/JWP/Long looks the move. No Utd outfielders is quite an achievement with Baggies & Cherries up next though isn't it JFG? huh.gif

+Quote Post
JFG
post Apr 12 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 05:13 PM) *
No Utd outfielders is quite an achievement with Baggies & Cherries up next though isn't it JFG? huh.gif

Well, it's certainly brave laugh.gif

I only have Sanchez, mind you, so dntknw.gif

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
tigerjames
post Apr 12 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #56

autre ne veux
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,222

Anyone think United V Spurs FA cup match will affect the lineups for both teams against
Bournemouth, Brighton ???? 3 days earlier...3 games in 6 days

--------------------

Tigerjames
Best Yahoo Finish 19th(12/13), 33rd(14/15)
Best Sky fantasy football finish 31st (14/15)
Best Metro fantasy football finish 11th(11/12)
"alien2005" Simply the Best
HELP STARTING 11

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (tigerjames @ Apr 12 2018, 05:20 PM) *
Anyone think United V Spurs FA cup match will affect the lineups for both teams against

Bound to, Utd especially as they have far more options in most departments. DDG, Matic & Lukaku look nailed for both but I would think the rest can be rested @bou. Spurs maybe less so, Son is a huge risk @bri, full-backs risky, maybe Toby gives Sanchez a rest but the big guns could all start with managed minutes.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 12 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (tigerjames @ Apr 12 2018, 05:20 PM) *

Can't speak for United but Spurs shouldn't be too bad. The Brighton game is Tuesday night, plenty of time between then and the Semi Final on the Saturday evening.

I'd expect the lineup vs City to be:

Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Son, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Then Brighton:

Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez/Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

So a total of maybe 5 changes but most of them are superficial. The fullbacks will almost certainly get rotated, with Davies and Trippier being the no.1 pair, playing the City and United games. Toby might get the second game but I'd probably bet Sanchez and Vertonghen play both. Dembele will almost certainly be protected and one of Wanyama or Sissoko will come in. Lamela in for Son makes sense as Lamela has been playing well. Eriksen, Alli and Kane I expect to start in both, but maybe come off early if the Brighton game is won. That second side is still very strong and can get the job done.

This post has been edited by Spurs Crew: Apr 12 2018, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
tigerjames
post Apr 12 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #59

autre ne veux
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,222

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 12 2018, 05:47 PM) *
Bound to, Utd especially as they have far more options in most departments. DDG, Matic & Lukaku look nailed for both but I would think the rest can be rested @bou. Spurs maybe less so, Son is a huge risk @bri, full-backs risky, maybe Toby gives Sanchez a rest but the big guns could all start with managed minutes.

Cheers Netley
United 3 nailed.... unsure.gif ...but we will see

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 12 2018, 06:39 PM) *
Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Son, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Then Brighton:

Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez/Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Cheers Spurs Crew...great post.....Your probably right that Kane would play both for the Golden Boot,
but tactically/logically makes no sense IMO...Spurs should rest him rest him.

--------------------

Tigerjames
Best Yahoo Finish 19th(12/13), 33rd(14/15)
Best Sky fantasy football finish 31st (14/15)
Best Metro fantasy football finish 11th(11/12)
"alien2005" Simply the Best
HELP STARTING 11

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 12 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JFG @ Apr 12 2018, 05:18 PM) *
Well, it's certainly brave laugh.gif

I only have Sanchez, mind you, so dntknw.gif

I should play it boring and just get Lukaku & Long in for free and get Kane via Mo in 36 rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 08:28 PM