Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 34, Points Galore Or Still On The Floor?
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #21

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 09:43 PM) *
How's this?

34 | Aubameyang & Stephens > Lukaku & Masuaku - 2 ft's
35 | FHC
36 | Lukaku & Salah > Kane & DSilva - 4pt hit
37 | Barnes > JAyew
38 | Hit to get Mo back?

Nicely set-up for 37? What would your transfer be in 36 SC?

Why not do the same if you went Kane this week and work out what you prefer?

Also - you've got Gross all the way to 38 according to that. I thought you didn't want him after 34?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 09:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44,432

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 09:51 PM) *
Why not do the same if you went Kane this week and work out what you prefer?

Also - you've got Gross all the way to 38 according to that. I thought you didn't want him after 34?

34 | Aubameyang, Gross & Stephens > Kane, Westwood & Masuaku + 0.7m cash right now - 4pt hit
35 | FHC
36 | Salah > any mac around 10m, can throw off good cash for Salah Boomerang 37 too
37 | Barnes>JAyew?
38 | Mahrez > Salah maybe for free?

Only costs 4pts for those moves and unlocks the Gross funds. Yes, makes things a bit easier with Mo too down the line. Don't like the 34 loss of Gross though, but like Vertonghen, it should get better as the weeks unfold.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 9 2018, 10:09 PM) *
34 | Aubameyang, Gross & Stephens > Kane, Westwood & Masuaku + 0.7m cash right now - 4pt hit
35 | FHC
36 | Salah > any mac around 10m, can throw off good cash for Salah Boomerang 37 too
37 | Barnes>JAyew?
38 | Mahrez > Salah maybe for free?

Only costs 4pts for those moves and unlocks the Gross funds. Yes, makes things a bit easier with Mo too down the line. Don't like the 34 loss of Gross though, but like Vertonghen, it should get better as the weeks unfold.

So you save 4 points in hits which is nice. But the best bit is something you alluded to but maybe not to it's full extent. If Liverpool happen to go out tomorrow night you can wait to do the Salah out transfer till 37 whereas if you go Lukaku you might be forced to do it in 36 because you'll feel you need Kane for his game at home to Watford. Gives a lot more flexibility. There's only two downsides to this approach as I can see. 1 is you "losing" Gross for 34, which is what I planned originally to be honest. He scores most of his points at home, but their home game is vs Spurs, not ideal. I'm going to keep him but not really by design. I'm even considering changing him to someone like Lingard for a hit ohmy.gif And the second is if you think Lukaku is a better pick in 34 than Kane. As I said before, I think it's a coin toss.

Also - why would you leave 0.7 there? From your plan it seems obvious that you'll want to get a City mid in for Salah, whether that's in 36 or 37. You're obviously going to downgrade him to one of them that leaves you enough to go Mahrez back to Salah in 38, right? So if you're going to do a downgrade in 36 and a straight swap in 37 (might even be a downgrade too considering Barnes' fixtures and performance vs Ayew's non-playing) then you don't need to leave money there. You could upgrade Westwood or Masuaku, maybe even both.

Think the Kane route looks best to me, have I convinced you?

This post has been edited by Spurs Crew: Apr 9 2018, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 9 2018, 11:18 PM) *
So you save 4 points in hits which is nice. But the best bit is something you alluded to but maybe not to it's full extent. If Liverpool happen to go out tomorrow night you can wait to do the Salah out transfer till 37 whereas if you go Lukaku you might be forced to do it in 36 because you'll feel you need Kane for his game at home to Watford. Gives a lot more flexibility. There's only two downsides to this approach as I can see. 1 is you "losing" Gross for 34, which is what I planned originally to be honest. He scores most of his points at home, but their home game is vs Spurs, not ideal. I'm going to keep him but not really by design. I'm even considering changing him to someone like Lingard for a hit ohmy.gif And the second is if you think Lukaku is a better pick in 34 than Kane. As I said before, I think it's a coin toss.

Also - why would you leave 0.7 there? From your plan it seems obvious that you'll want to get a City mid in for Salah, whether that's in 36 or 37. You're obviously going to downgrade him to one of them that leaves you enough to go Mahrez back to Salah in 38, right? So if you're going to do a downgrade in 36 and a straight swap in 37 (might even be a downgrade too considering Barnes' fixtures and performance vs Ayew's non-playing) then you don't need to leave money there. You could upgrade Westwood or Masuaku, maybe even both.

Think the Kane route looks best to me, have I convinced you?

Need to keep some funds because Sterling can rise and Mahrez doesn't really give enough to cover it all. This swings it slightly back towards Lukaku if DSilva is the only option in both cases?

Sell Salah @10.4 = 9.7 say, buy Sterling @9.0 - buy Salah @10.4, sell Mahrez @9.0 maybe? 0.7 shortfall?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 10 2018, 12:07 AM) *
Need to keep some funds because Sterling can rise and Mahrez doesn't really give enough to cover it all. This swings it slightly back towards Lukaku if DSilva is the only option in both cases?

Sell Salah @10.4 = 9.7 say, buy Sterling @9.0 - buy Salah @10.4, sell Mahrez @9.0 maybe? 0.7 shortfall?

Not so sure about the Barnes to Ayew transfer anymore, seems a bit meh. I'm betting Swansea are going to be safe by then and Abraham is back in the goals. Also, Barnes has a very nice fixture in 38 and I'm planning on benching him for 37 in a 3-5-2 I think. Could you not use that transfer to sort your issue out above?

This post has been edited by Spurs Crew: Apr 9 2018, 11:22 PM

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 9 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 10 2018, 12:18 AM) *
Not so sure about the Barnes to Ayew transfer anymore, seems a bit meh. I'm betting Swansea are going to be safe by then and Abraham is back in the goals. Also, Barnes has a very nice fixture in 38 and I'm planning on benching him for 37 in a 3-5-2 I think. Could you not use that transfer to sort your issue out above?

Yes but my 5th mid will be useless for 37 if I get Kane now? Can't play Barnes in 37 either? Not keen on a 37 4-4-2 so I dunno, it's close.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 9 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 10 2018, 12:42 AM) *
Yes but my 5th mid will be useless for 37 if I get Kane now? Can't play Barnes in 37 either? Not keen on a 37 4-4-2 so I dunno, it's close.

Ah yeah because you'll have Westwood as well. Think you're better off keeping Salah in 37 if you still have him at that point now. My plan to get him back involves a hit to be honest, but he's Salah, I think he's worth it.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 10 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

The holy grail, a 4.0 dgw player in a top 7 side with 2 home games? ohmy.gif

Just been reading the local Burnley news and Dyche seems very cautious on Mee and is giving Long loads of praise. An article on Long as well today, could be in line for a run. Dinnery reckons Mee has had this shin thing before and it was a month.

Why so important? Well it bumps the Kane enabler up from Westwood to JWP or Fraser. Now they're never nailed but they can get attacking returns if they play whereas Westwood is seen more like a Carrick - classy DM but not much in attack.

Long himself has some attacking threat too, 2 assists. Has returned 5pts or more in 5 of his 10 games, so he's no mug.

Edging towards Kane.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 10 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 10 2018, 06:05 PM) *
The holy grail, a 4.0 dgw player in a top 7 side with 2 home games? ohmy.gif

Just been reading the local Burnley news and Dyche seems very cautious on Mee and is giving Long loads of praise. An article on Long as well today, could be in line for a run. Dinnery reckons Mee has had this shin thing before and it was a month.

Why so important? Well it bumps the Kane enabler up from Westwood to JWP or Fraser. Now they're never nailed but they can get attacking returns if they play whereas Westwood is seen more like a Carrick - classy DM but not much in attack.

Long himself has some attacking threat too, 2 assists. Has returned 5pts or more in 5 of his 10 games, so he's no mug.

Edging towards Kane.

So Stephens and Auba to Long and Kane? Like it.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 10 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 10 2018, 06:25 PM) *
So Stephens and Auba to Long and Kane? Like it.

Not quite, Gross has to go down to JWP or Fraser. Not much in that either! laugh.gif Is any thing ever easy to decide? One thing's for sure, Fraser was motm v cpl and JWP was okay @ars. Fraser commands a better ppm but the truth is they're basically equal in points, minutes and returns. JWP's better fixtures may edge it and his dgw 37, but can't help thinking Fraser is the one in form? huh.gif

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Apr 10 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #31

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 10 2018, 01:18 AM)
have I convinced you?

laugh.gif are you feeling yourself comfortable from this?

#psychology

--------------------

“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
Ice66
post Apr 11 2018, 07:18 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,245

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 10 2018, 05:05 PM) *

you read all the comments from dinnery's twitter account, eh? looks like Mee might be out indeed, but maybe you can wait for confirmation till team news are out. no rush to make any moves now that Kane's price has moved, right?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 11 2018, 11:21 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ice66 @ Apr 11 2018, 08:18 AM) *
you read all the comments from dinnery's twitter account, eh? looks like Mee might be out indeed, but maybe you can wait for confirmation till team news are out. no rush to make any moves now that Kane's price has moved, right?

Dinnery & local press for quotes, yeah right bloody trainspotter! laugh.gif He's good on the nature of injuries and has a database on timelines etc so it's useful when considering options.
I haven't decided who I want yet so certainly no rush to make moves and price pressure isn't overwhelming anyway as Westwood and even AKing are options along with Long, Kiko & Masuaku so plenty cheapos.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 11 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Still can't help thinking Lukaku is the one laugh.gif WBA & bou are just too good to pass up on and I do have Son so from a "cover" pov it looks okay. If I go Kane I have literally no Utd 'attacking' cover, not even in defence! Many are going Sanchez but that's tricky for me as I have to fix Stephens who can help get Lukaku but that's about all.

DDG
Ryan

Alonso
Vertonghen
Morgan
Lowton
Long

Salah
Mahrez
Son
Willian
Gross

Lukaku©
Vardy
Barnes

It's not very exciting is it? lol.gif But is it a good side?

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Apr 11 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #35

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Member No.: 6,379

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 11 2018, 02:29 PM) *
Still can't help thinking Lukaku is the one laugh.gif WBA & bou are just too good to pass up on and I do have Son so from a "cover" pov it looks okay. If I go Kane I have literally no Utd 'attacking' cover, not even in defence! Many are going Sanchez but that's tricky for me as I have to fix Stephens who can help get Lukaku but that's about all.

DDG
Ryan

Alonso
Vertonghen
Morgan
Lowton
Long

Salah
Mahrez
Son
Willian
Gross

Lukaku©
Vardy
Barnes

It's not very exciting is it? lol.gif But is it a good side?

You pays ya money biggrin.gif

You have Son and Vert to cover Spurs so why not cover United too, good to cover as many bases as you can afford, it is a double week after all

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena Champion 2017/18 with Renegades!
S11 Arena League Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 11 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #36

The issue with Son as cover is he's likely to be benched for the Brighton game. So you'll have no Tottenham cover for the game you actually want cover for. I've said to you about the 4 points saved going with Kane so won't again, but think Kane is better than Lukaku

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 11 2018, 02:25 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (crazylegs @ Apr 11 2018, 02:48 PM) *
You pays ya money biggrin.gif

You have Son and Vert to cover Spurs so why not cover United too, good to cover as many bases as you can afford, it is a double week after all

Think I'm leaning towards 'cover' atm, then dump Mo 36 and bring DSilva & Kane in. Not as if Lukaku is a bad pick is it?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 11 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 11 2018, 02:54 PM) *
The issue with Son as cover is he's likely to be benched for the Brighton game. So you'll have no Tottenham cover for the game you actually want cover for. I've said to you about the 4 points saved going with Kane so won't again, but think Kane is better than Lukaku

Son could still feature @bri though so not a complete waste but Kane does worry me. Are you not worried about having no Utd attackers?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 11 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

This is surprising seeing Kane & Kaku are around the 30% ownership? Are folk buying Kane to not cap? laugh.gif

Thank you for voting!

Lukaku 36.56% (1,137 votes)

Kane 26.14% (813 votes)

Sanchez 11.7% (364 votes)

Vardy 4.15% (129 votes)

Mahrez 2.93% (91 votes)

Pogba 2.25% (70 votes)

Salah 2.19% (68 votes)

Eriksen 2.12% (66 votes)

De Gea 1.45% (45 votes)

Hazard 1.35% (42 votes)

Aubameyang 1.25% (39 votes)

Son 0.9% (28 votes)

Alonso 0.87% (27 votes)

Lingard 0.64% (20 votes)

Willian 0.58% (18 votes)

Austin 0.55% (17 votes)

Wood 0.55% (17 votes)

Arnautovic 0.55% (17 votes)

Azpilicueta 0.51% (16 votes)

Alli 0.45% (14 votes)

Barnes 0.42% (13 votes)

Aguero 0.42% (13 votes)

J.King 0.39% (12 votes)

Valencia 0.35% (11 votes)

Gross 0.29% (9 votes)

Morata 0.23% (7 votes)

Murray 0.21% (7 votes)

Total Votes: 3,110

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 11 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 11 2018, 03:30 PM) *
Son could still feature @bri though so not a complete waste but Kane does worry me. Are you not worried about having no Utd attackers?

Lukaku is the only one that worries me really. Sanchez is too expensive and seems to be in some sort of assisting role, and the others are too inconsistent and rotation risks. I may look back at my wildcard and regret not going for both Lukaku and Kane for this week but so far Vardy has outscored Lukaku so lets wait and see. I have to choose between Lukaku and Kane, as you do, and for me, it's a lot scarier not owning Kane than it is Lukaku. Lukaku might score in both but he'll probably get 12-15 in total. Kane could get that much in one game. I probably have too much Spurs and not enough United but part of that is because I'm a Spurs fan and part of that is Spurs' fixtures after this week.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 08:40 PM