Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 33, Eek! Desperately Seeking Barnesy?
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 04:23 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 04:12 PM) *
I know what you're doing though. You're trying to convince yourself (and others) that keeping Salah is the smart thing to do. The main reason you're doing this is because you can't get a Spurs midfielder in which makes the most sense to do if you were going to drop Salah.

Nah, folk are dumping Mo verily, some will hold though. What are you doing? Mo or No?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #42

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 05:10 PM) *
The Mo Boomerang in 37 is an option, heavily discussed in the wc rmt, of course.

Maybe, but mac then bri then mun in the space of 7 days does lend the possibility of a rest for some, @bri?

Maybe, sometimes it's best to keep the best player in a good rhythm, manage minutes rather than complete rest.

If you're planning on that boomerang I think it makes even more sense to get rid now. But like I said before, I know why you're not going to do it. Shame you got Vertonghen.

Possibly, but I'd very much doubt it would be Alli that got a rest.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 05:52 PM) *
If you're planning on that boomerang I think it makes even more sense to get rid now. But like I said before, I know why you're not going to do it. Shame you got Vertonghen.

I could bring Alli in now, then take a hit next week to dump Son and bring Kane in? No big deal, 4pts? Maybe there's another reason, that you haven't quite worked out yet? tongue.gif

Do you think your assumptions are correct? What if you're wrong? Do you think you or I will be better informed in, I dunno, a week's time? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 06:00 PM) *
I could bring Alli in now, then take a hit next week to dump Son and bring Kane in? No big deal, 4pts? Maybe there's another reason, that you haven't quite worked out yet? tongue.gif

Do you think your assumptions are correct? What if you're wrong? Do you think you or I will be better informed in, I dunno, a week's time? huh.gif

Waiting a week isn't really a smart option. The whole reason you'd take out Salah is because he isn't going to play tomorrow. If anything, waiting till next week makes the decision even harder.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 05:52 PM) *

Yeah, not like it's happened before.

16 : sat - STO 66'
17 : wed - bri 16'
18 : sat - mac - 83'

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 06:21 PM) *
Yeah, not like it's happened before.

16 : sat - STO 66'
17 : wed - bri 16'
18 : sat - mac - 83'

What has that got to do with anything? So because he got a rest 15 weeks ago he's going to get another one? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 06:14 PM) *
Waiting a week isn't really a smart option. The whole reason you'd take out Salah is because he isn't going to play tomorrow. If anything, waiting till next week makes the decision even harder.

Do you think Barnes can score tomorrow?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 06:27 PM) *
What has that got to do with anything? So because he got a rest 15 weeks ago he's going to get another one? laugh.gif

It would be ironic, v the same team wouldn't it? Who can replace him?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Ah, yeah Poch had Kane up top, Lamela RW, Eriksen 10 and Son LW v Brighton in December SC. Alli replaced Lamela 74'

So maybe if he needs a rest between the 2 big games then Lamela is a great replacement isn't he?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 06:36 PM) *
Do you think Barnes can score tomorrow?

He might do but it's not all about that. It's about a 5 week period where Salah may only play 3 times when Alli might play 7.

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 06:38 PM) *
It would be ironic, v the same team wouldn't it? Who can replace him?

Just think it's less likely seeing as the Brighton game is away from home rather than home (as it was before) and the fact that Alli has played less minutes than players like Son and Eriksen considering his international issues, and with Alli now in a rich vein of form.

This post has been edited by Spurs Crew: Apr 6 2018, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 06:14 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 06:50 PM) *
Ah, yeah Poch had Kane up top, Lamela RW, Eriksen 10 and Son LW v Brighton in December SC. Alli replaced Lamela 74'

So maybe if he needs a rest between the 2 big games then Lamela is a great replacement isn't he?

Yeah I'd bet Lamela plays the Brighton game. It's probably most likely that it would be Son that got a rest with Alli and Eriksen about even. Maybe 40/30/30 in terms of odds?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #52

This is apparently the Liverpool team for tomorrow: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Ings, Solanke.

huh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 07:22 PM) *
This is apparently the Liverpool team for tomorrow: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Ings, Solanke.

huh.gif

Looks about right, Klavan LB? No Moreno, sheesh he's dropped down the order bloody quickly laugh.gif Ah Klvan has played LB before, earlier in his career

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 07:37 PM) *
Looks about right, Klavan LB? No Moreno, sheesh he's dropped down the order bloody quickly laugh.gif Ah Klvan has played LB before, earlier in his career

It could also be a change of shape seeing as there's two strikers picked. Could be a 3 back with Clyne and Milner as the wingbacks.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 07:03 PM) *
He might do but it's not all about that. It's about a 5 week period where Salah may only play 3 times when Alli might play 7.

But if you're happy to start Barnes then the clock doesn't start until 34, and if you're happy with Salah 34 then the clock starts 36 laugh.gif Then in 37 it's Boomerang time, so it's 36 SC, that's all. You do want Vertonghen in 36 don't you?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 08:02 PM) *
But if you're happy to start Barnes then the clock doesn't start until 34, and if you're happy with Salah 34 then the clock starts 36 laugh.gif Then in 37 it's Boomerang time, so it's 36 SC, that's all. You do want Vertonghen in 36 don't you?

What even is that post?

The boomerang idea never made any sense to me in the first place, as we discussed last week.

The point is I'd rather play Alli than Barnes. And what happens if someone else goes MiA this weekend? I might be happy with Barnes in my 11 but what about my B2 or B3? Salah to Alli also gives me the right amount of money to do Auba to Kane next week which is ideal. Gives me 15 DG'ers for my BB.

I'm not that bothered about Vertonghen, no. He offers absolutely zero attacking returns. I'd rather have 3 Spurs attackers than Vertonghen. The only reason I haven't considered that before now was because I didn't think I'd get rid of Salah but that CL game has changed everything. He's now almost certainly not playing at all tomorrow and if Liverpool go through vs City which they should, I severely doubt he'll play in 36 either. If that predicted XI for tomorrow is correct, you can see how many players Klopp is resting. Imagine if Liverpool get Barcelona in the semi-final and the tie is in the balance after the 1st leg. Do you think he's going to pick his star players for a home game vs Bournemouth when they've already got top 4 sorted? I don't.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 08:12 PM) *
What even is that post?

The boomerang idea never made any sense to me in the first place, as we discussed last week.

The point is I'd rather play Alli than Barnes. And what happens if someone else goes MiA this weekend? I might be happy with Barnes in my 11 but what about my B2 or B3? Salah to Alli also gives me the right amount of money to do Auba to Kane next week which is ideal. Gives me 15 DG'ers for my BB.

I'm not that bothered about Vertonghen, no. He offers absolutely zero attacking returns. I'd rather have 3 Spurs attackers than Vertonghen. The only reason I haven't considered that before now was because I didn't think I'd get rid of Salah but that CL game has changed everything. He's now almost certainly not playing at all tomorrow and if Liverpool go through vs City which they should, I severely doubt he'll play in 36 either. If that predicted XI for tomorrow is correct, you can see how many players Klopp is resting. Imagine if Liverpool get Barcelona in the semi-final and the tie is in the balance after the 1st leg. Do you think he's going to pick his star players for a home game vs Bournemouth when they've already got top 4 sorted? I don't.

I'm perfectly happy starting Barnes and saving Salah for bou, he could go mental and Alli could get mac and be rested @bri. Like I say, for me the only issue is 36. So why would I even think about selling him now? Do you reckon we'll get a leaked team for 36? laugh.gif
Another thing, what if Liverpool lose to citeh, heavily, and get k/o'd? laugh.gif Would that change anything for you? Buyback plans?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 08:32 PM) *
I'm perfectly happy starting Barnes and saving Salah for bou, he could go mental and Alli could get mac and be rested @bri. Like I say, for me the only issue is 36. So why would I even think about selling him now? Do you reckon we'll get a leaked team for 36? laugh.gif
Another thing, what if Liverpool lose to citeh, heavily, and get k/o'd? laugh.gif Would that change anything for you? Buyback plans?

You don't even know for sure Salah will be back for Bournemouth. And I've already answered the Alli benching issue, it's a low chance.

I could wait till 36/37 but I know there'll be other transfers I want to make. For example, if Liverpool go through, City assets become a lot more attractive for their DG in 37.

If Liverpool got KO'd which is something else that is very unlikely, then my plans wouldn't change. He still has 1 less fixture in 34 and in 37. My plan would be different if I didn't have my free hit, but I do.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 6 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 6 2018, 08:45 PM) *
You don't even know for sure Salah will be back for Bournemouth. And I've already answered the Alli benching issue, it's a low chance.

I could wait till 36/37 but I know there'll be other transfers I want to make. For example, if Liverpool go through, City assets become a lot more attractive for their DG in 37.

If Liverpool got KO'd which is something else that is very unlikely, then my plans wouldn't change. He still has 1 less fixture in 34 and in 37. My plan would be different if I didn't have my free hit, but I do.

You highlight many unknowns. Alli is part of a funding plan for Kane, so you go into 34 with 3 Spurs attackers and you carry Gross through too. Are you not concerned about this or are you taking a hit or 2 to tidy things up, like Smalling maybe?

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 6 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 6 2018, 09:05 PM) *
You highlight many unknowns. Alli is part of a funding plan for Kane, so you go into 34 with 3 Spurs attackers and you carry Gross through too. Are you not concerned about this or are you taking a hit or 2 to tidy things up, like Smalling maybe?

As do you, you highlight just as many as I do. You predict Alli might get benched and Salah will be fit for Bournemouth or Liverpool go out of the CL despite being 3-0 up.

Not concerned at all about going in with 3 Spurs attackers. We've just scored 3 goals away to Chelsea without our best player. Sure, City are a brilliant team but they're not great defensively. They haven't conceded many because they keep a lot of possession but Spurs will have enough of the ball to cause them problems. Plus, City could be champions tomorrow. And that Brighton game looks very good to me. Again, it's not all about 34 either. We've scored 4+ goals against Stoke in all of our last 4 vs them. Also, going Alli now means I'm set for Spurs' brilliant fixtures from 36. You used this reasoning as to why you got Vertonghen on your wildcard as it saves a transfer down the line. My original plan was to downgrade Gross to a 5.1 (probably Gudmundsson) but that's now not possible because Kane didn't go down, and is actually going up. That means I now would need a 4.9 mid. There isn't a single one I prefer to Gross at that price so I'm more than happy to keep him. If I truly hate him I could get Lingard for a -4 if I really wanted.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 08:38 PM