Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 33, Eek! Desperately Seeking Barnesy?
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Overall Points: 1,778
Overall Rank: 446,863
Gameweek Points: 54

Can't help feeling if Ashley Barnes was called Barnesino (or John) and played for Liverpool I'd be playing him every game. A tepid week, smallest of greenies despite Mark Hughes destroying Jack Stephens immediately with the formation from hell.
The reassuringly expensive Vertonghen is unleashed at Stoke and the team looks okay... if only Klopp would rest Mo for Barnesino's inevitable 5 in 5?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Kane is being bought verily, -96 to -28 in 24 hours ohmy.gif Hopes of a drop were dashed when he didn't tip-over Sat night and buying began in earnest once he got through his 16' return.
The plan was to get him 34 but serious consideration must now be given to taking a hit and dumping Auba. I have a little flexibility in funds atm, bit of give but not that much if I want to get Ibe or Matic. The context of current form is also a concern, if Spurs can quite comfortably knock 3 past Chelski at the bridge with Kane on the bench what on earth can they do at hapless Stoke with him starting?
Gooners can certainly hammer Saints but what side will Wenger field bang in the middle of the absolutely critical Moscow games? Auba will play of course but the feeders? The talent? Ozil? Mkhi? Rambo? Bellend? Monreal? Wilshere? Will Wenger risk them or just play Auba with squad players?
I suppose a lot will depend on how Thursday's game goes, a tough tight battle, easy win or surprise defeat... and how fast Kane rises.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 2 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #3

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

I'm rich. Don't have to worry about Arry rising. tongue.gif

I'll be banking my Captain Auba hattie and then paying whatever for Kane.
He'll probably come off the bench again. Why risk him if he's not required?
A rest will do him good, even if he doesn't need it. Best to keep him for the City game.
City might not care by then, but it's 3 pts Spurs would love to get.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
tigerjames
post Apr 2 2018, 03:37 PM
Post #4

autre ne veux
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,222

Its a hard choice......what was your plan before Aubameyang scored 2 goals
Was it to get Kane???...If so why change your plan..

--------------------

Tigerjames
Best Yahoo Finish 19th(12/13), 33rd(14/15)
Best Sky fantasy football finish 31st (14/15)
Best Metro fantasy football finish 11th(11/12)
"alien2005" Simply the Best
HELP STARTING 11

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Apr 2 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #5

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

I won't be getting Kane this week. Kane away to Stoke vs Aubameyang at home to Southampton is probably even but I'm going to wait till next week because I want more information to decide what my 2nd transfer will be. Will Chelsea look terrible defensively again making me think about downgrading Alonso? Will Smalling get dropped to make it obvious I can't go into 34 with him? Will Son get benched to accommodate Kane in 33? Will Brighton blank again to make me worried about Gross? Will Willian go back to bench seeing as they lost to Spurs? All these players might be my downgrade plan but I won't know for sure who it'll be until Week 33 happens, which is why I'm waiting. My original plan was Auba and Gross to Kane and Gudmundsson but I'll need Auba to go up twice this week and Kane not to go up at all for it to happen, which I doubt. Plus, with Gudmundsson not playing, I'm not sure I want him anyway. Looking at your side, I'd say you're in a similar situation to me, surely you want another week to work things out before bringing Kane back?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 2 2018, 04:31 PM) *
I'm rich. Don't have to worry about Arry rising. tongue.gif

I'll be banking my Captain Auba hattie and then paying whatever for Kane.
He'll probably come off the bench again. Why risk him if he's not required?
A rest will do him good, even if he doesn't need it. Best to keep him for the City game.
City might not care by then, but it's 3 pts Spurs would love to get.

Got this feeling that Wenger's going to field a B team + Auba and Saints might just keep it down. You've seen what Spurs do v Stoke last 4?

5-1
4-0
4-0
4-0

But yeah, probably sheep it and wait laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (tigerjames @ Apr 2 2018, 04:37 PM) *
Its a hard choice......what was your plan before Aubameyang scored 2 goals
Was it to get Kane???...If so why change your plan..

Well tbh I didn't expect him back @che so didn't budget for the 1 move. Thought he'd miss che and be benched @sto, think I've got it wrong laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JFG
post Apr 2 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 2 2018, 11:50 AM) *
Can't help feeling if Ashley Barnes was called Barnesino (or John)?

Cliff?

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 2 2018, 06:55 PM) *
I won't be getting Kane this week. Kane away to Stoke vs Aubameyang at home to Southampton is probably even but I'm going to wait till next week because I want more information to decide what my 2nd transfer will be. Will Chelsea look terrible defensively again making me think about downgrading Alonso? Will Smalling get dropped to make it obvious I can't go into 34 with him? Will Son get benched to accommodate Kane in 33? Will Brighton blank again to make me worried about Gross? Will Willian go back to bench seeing as they lost to Spurs? All these players might be my downgrade plan but I won't know for sure who it'll be until Week 33 happens, which is why I'm waiting. My original plan was Auba and Gross to Kane and Gudmundsson but I'll need Auba to go up twice this week and Kane not to go up at all for it to happen, which I doubt. Plus, with Gudmundsson not playing, I'm not sure I want him anyway. Looking at your side, I'd say you're in a similar situation to me, surely you want another week to work things out before bringing Kane back?

I think I'm a bit more decided on who makes way as I don't want to take Gross into the dgw and my only other concern is Stephens and he can't help the move to Kane. Dumping Auba & Gross before sot & hud is a horrible move though, even though it does allow Barnes the start I want. Probably wait though as the leavers have such great fixtures.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 2 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JFG @ Apr 2 2018, 08:12 PM) *
Cliff?

Oh the Dallas guy? laugh.gif Who was that winger? Peter? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Apr 2 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Member No.: 6,379

QUOTE (JFG @ Apr 2 2018, 08:12 PM) *
Cliff?

Not many will get that...loved his sister in the programme, she led by Principal wink.gif

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena Champion 2017/18 with Renegades!
S11 Arena League Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Apr 2 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #12

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

Small greenie? Man, you are bad!

--------------------

“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 3 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #13

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 3 2018, 06:08 AM) *
Got this feeling that Wenger's going to field a B team + Auba and Saints might just keep it down. You've seen what Spurs do v Stoke last 4?

5-1
4-0
4-0
4-0

But yeah, probably sheep it and wait laugh.gif

That's home and away. In home games, the last two have been 4-0, but before that, STO won 3-0. biggrin.gif

Maybe there will be a B team, but ARS have scored 17 in the last 5 at home (excluding the City game), so you can't ignore it. We also don't know how fit Arry is. On top of that you need to take a hit (no silent 's' in front), so not worth it IMO.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 3 2018, 03:22 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 3 2018, 02:02 AM) *
That's home and away. In home games, the last two have been 4-0, but before that, STO won 3-0. biggrin.gif

Maybe there will be a B team, but ARS have scored 17 in the last 5 at home (excluding the City game), so you can't ignore it. We also don't know how fit Arry is. On top of that you need to take a hit (no silent 's' in front), so not worth it IMO.

Ah the days when Dier was RB? Vertonghen(og) LB? Fazio? ohmy.gif Chiriches red? Mason? Bentaleb? Chadli? Was more of a EL side and chasing 5th than what it is now, and Stoke were better then than now.
Poch had no need to give Kane a run @1-3 at che, the fact he was the 1st to come on bodes well for a start @sto. Let's face it, they need him back starting and he needs to be playing and scoring.
Having said all that I'm not sure I've got the confidence to do it, but it's tempting. It's a hit but I think that's coming anyway, to fix Jack Stephens.
Anyway if Gooners smash Moscow then they're more likely to field more 1st teamers v sot so it might be academic. If it's tight then Wenger may rest loads, then Kane might be on.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 3 2018, 03:36 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

SC's birthday? Bit late but many happy returns mate thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Apr 3 2018, 04:20 AM
Post #16

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Apr 2 2018, 08:55 PM) *

You are constantly saying about your team... And it helps people! Wow! Genius! agree.gif

--------------------

“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 3 2018, 04:55 AM
Post #17

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 3 2018, 02:22 PM) *
Ah the days when Dier was RB? Vertonghen(og) LB? Fazio? ohmy.gif Chiriches red? Mason? Bentaleb? Chadli? Was more of a EL side and chasing 5th than what it is now, and Stoke were better then than now.
Poch had no need to give Kane a run @1-3 at che, the fact he was the 1st to come on bodes well for a start @sto. Let's face it, they need him back starting and he needs to be playing and scoring.
Having said all that I'm not sure I've got the confidence to do it, but it's tempting. It's a hit but I think that's coming anyway, to fix Jack Stephens.
Anyway if Gooners smash Moscow then they're more likely to field more 1st teamers v sot so it might be academic. If it's tight then Wenger may rest loads, then Kane might be on.

Drop Jack? You can't drop Jack. Not now, after you bigged him up so much, even I was thinking about him. laugh.gif

You just knoe when you drop him, he'll score a goal... maybe even a brace. ohmy.gif

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 3 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 3 2018, 05:55 AM) *
Drop Jack? You can't drop Jack. Not now, after you bigged him up so much, even I was thinking about him. laugh.gif

You just knoe when you drop him, he'll score a goal... maybe even a brace. ohmy.gif

Yoshi seems certain to return, many expect Hoedt gets the chop but with almost everyone playing sheet @whm the decision to dump Jack for 34 may be made for me by Hughes. Fans seemed shocked by the lack of spirit from the players, no fight, given up, changes are coming.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Apr 3 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #19

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Apr 3 2018, 09:52 PM) *
Yoshi seems certain to return, many expect Hoedt gets the chop but with almost everyone playing sheet @whm the decision to dump Jack for 34 may be made for me by Hughes. Fans seemed shocked by the lack of spirit from the players, no fight, given up, changes are coming.

So VDH it is then?

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Apr 3 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Apr 3 2018, 02:09 PM) *
So VDH it is then?

If Yoshi returns then his 3.7ppm becomes attractive @4.6 but depends who he replaces. Ideally his return bolsters the whole thing and helps Jack along with it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 08:41 PM