Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 29, Resigned To The Decline? Ah Don't Whine...
Netley Lucas
post Mar 2 2018, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Overall Points: 1,536
Overall Rank: 602,206
Gameweek Points: 45

A mercifully short turnaround to forget about a painstaking week.
Sounds like Sterling will be back but not too sure about Jones? Has he fallen out with Maureen as well as being crocked? May have to get rid but haven't enough to get VVD so rotation-risk Robertson may have to come in.
Struggling to see much optimism outside of the usual producers but one would hope the serial blankers know they've been effing sheet and react accordingly.
Captain? Hard to take it off Salah atm but Kane can certainly run riot this week so it's close.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Mar 2 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,184

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Mar 2 2018, 06:25 AM) *
A mercifully short turnaround to forget about a painstaking week.
Sounds like Sterling will be back but not too sure about Jones? Has he fallen out with Maureen as well as being crocked? May have to get rid but haven't enough to get VVD so rotation-risk Robertson may have to come in.
Struggling to see much optimism outside of the usual producers but one would hope the serial blankers know they've been effing sheet and react accordingly.
Captain? Hard to take it off Salah atm but Kane can certainly run riot this week so it's close.

This could almost essentially be my RMT since you have all the same questions and concerns I do laugh.gif

well, here is my take, I'm going to try to stay optimistic on Jones at least until some concrete news comes in. As a long time Gomez holder I simply start him and accept that he may or may not play, but when he does he usually does well, Robbo is less of a rotation risk and scores even better so I think he should be easy to work with, I certainly would love him in my team. Sterling playing would be lovely, fingers crossed here as well. As for Kane v Salah, how many times have we been burned before by not just leaving the armband on Salah, but....I am leaning Kane. Benitez will probably play very defensively whereas Huddersfield have always played a little more proactively and the 4-0 scoreline the last time around has me thinking Kane's ceiling is huge this week.

--------------------
2016/17 Arena Runner-ups with The Renegades
2017/18 Arena Champions with The Renegades

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Mar 2 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #3

...and Justice for All

Member No.: 7,943

...and drink some wine
Then shine! biggrin.gif

--------------------

“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Mar 2 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #4

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

Where did you see that Sterling would be back?

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Mar 2 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Mar 2 2018, 05:39 PM) *
This could almost essentially be my RMT since you have all the same questions and concerns I do laugh.gif

well, here is my take, I'm going to try to stay optimistic on Jones at least until some concrete news comes in. As a long time Gomez holder I simply start him and accept that he may or may not play, but when he does he usually does well, Robbo is less of a rotation risk and scores even better so I think he should be easy to work with, I certainly would love him in my team. Sterling playing would be lovely, fingers crossed here as well. As for Kane v Salah, how many times have we been burned before by not just leaving the armband on Salah, but....I am leaning Kane. Benitez will probably play very defensively whereas Huddersfield have always played a little more proactively and the 4-0 scoreline the last time around has me thinking Kane's ceiling is huge this week.

My enthusiasm for Jones is waning, still injured, talk of a row with Maureen so he's easy to dump. I think Robbo has done enough to oust Moreno but you never can truly trust Klopp. Mo is in such good form but Kane could beat him although both new & hud have been a bit better lately.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Mar 2 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RAPID @ Mar 2 2018, 05:42 PM) *
...and drink some wine
Then shine! biggrin.gif

Was trying to work 'hook, line & sinker' in there but gave up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Mar 2 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Mar 2 2018, 07:02 PM) *
Where did you see that Sterling would be back?

I thought he was back training recently and was simply being protected (v ars) but could be wrong. Think Dinnery mentioned it too but haven't read anything concrete.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Mar 2 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #8

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Mar 2 2018, 08:27 PM) *
I thought he was back training recently and was simply being protected (v ars) but could be wrong. Think Dinnery mentioned it too but haven't read anything concrete.

The fact that he can't make the bench on a Thursday is a worrying sign I would say. No idea what to do with him. I'd 100% get rid if any of the Week 31 midfielders look good for this week, but they don't.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Mar 2 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Mar 2 2018, 08:36 PM) *
The fact that he can't make the bench on a Thursday is a worrying sign I would say. No idea what to do with him. I'd 100% get rid if any of the Week 31 midfielders look good for this week, but they don't.

I seem to remember reading he was back training (Thursday) when the squad went off to London for Thursday's game. FFS are saying he's trained but I don't know their context, could be the same.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 08:41 PM