Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate The Spartans W24, Getting boring. Need differentials?
vsberlina
post Jan 17 2018, 02:25 AM
Post #1

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Jan 17 2018, 02:39 AM
Post #2

VSBerlina
Group Icon

I'd like Pogba, but don't really now how I'll get the units, or who'll make way.

Danilo looks an interesting option. If he's guaranteed to play, swapping him for Otamendi will save me 1.1 units and probably yield the same (I hope).

Should I save that 1.1, then Christensen to Valencia or Pope to DDG then also become options.

Alternatively, Christensen to Jones for some diversity if I want a straight swap without worrying about units.
But with Cahill possibly injured, Christensen might remain a solid option for a few more weeks.

Most likely will keep the FT this week, but it's always good to plan ahead.

Any cheap DEF options out there? They don't seem to be delivering like they did before, and the big guns are firing.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 17 2018, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

You could risk Son>Pogba based on the former's away 'form' but his numbers weren't bad @bur and @wat so if Spurs were to go on the rampage it could get nasty.
Christ>Jones is the move, it's steady and covers DDG's cleanies, maybe even get a few baps if Utd don't score many.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Jan 17 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #4

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Jan 17 2018, 02:02 PM) *
You could risk Son>Pogba based on the former's away 'form' but his numbers weren't bad @bur and @wat so if Spurs were to go on the rampage it could get nasty.
Christ>Jones is the move, it's steady and covers DDG's cleanies, maybe even get a few baps if Utd don't score many.

I'll wait and see. Last time at OT, BUR shocked everyone by going 2-0 up. They might just have at least a goal in them.
Tempted to start Kenny ahead of Christensen, just for something different.
EVE kept a CS against WBA last time, and I think WBA's win last game was just an anomaly.
Back to the usual for them next week.

Let's see what happens with Danilo as well. Wouldn't mind having the extra units spare.
Would get very close to being able to do Arnie to Pog. Surprised Arnie has kept it up this long.
You just feel a positive drug test is just around the corner. laugh.gif

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 17 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Jan 17 2018, 02:44 PM) *
I'll wait and see. Last time at OT, BUR shocked everyone by going 2-0 up. They might just have at least a goal in them.
Tempted to start Kenny ahead of Christensen, just for something different.
EVE kept a CS against WBA last time, and I think WBA's win last game was just an anomaly.
Back to the usual for them next week.

Let's see what happens with Danilo as well. Wouldn't mind having the extra units spare.
Would get very close to being able to do Arnie to Pog. Surprised Arnie has kept it up this long.
You just feel a positive drug test is just around the corner. laugh.gif

I think you're overthinking laugh.gif Jones does give you the template but it's a funny template as not many will have it in The Arena - it's aspirational and you can get it with ease. Pickford would just ice the cake. Massive Legatus candidate whistling.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Jan 17 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

LUDO Fantasy Football Scout Member 5 mins ago

Since Sam Allardyce first took charge as Everton manager in GW15, Jordan Pickford (4.9m) has been the top goalkeeper in FPL, with 48 points in those 9 matches (5.3 PPG). That total betters every premium keeper’s output in the same time, including David de Gea (5.9m, 46 points), Ederson (5.5m, 45 points), Thibaut Courtois and Hugo Lloris (both 5.5m, 37 points).

With great fixtures coming up for Everton (WBA/LEI/ars/CRY/wat/bur/BHA/stk), it might be a good time to look at investing in their fantasy assets. Everton have improved defensively under Big Sam, with 10 Goals Conceded and 4 Clean Sheets in 9 games, but Pickford has also picked up 8 save points and 10 bonus points over that run, which are a large part of why he’s scored so well.

Here’s a look back at some key statistics over the periods where Big Sam has managed a Premier League side in the last few seasons:

2012/13: West Ham (38 games) – 1st in Saves, 10th in Goals Conceded, =8th in Clean Sheets, 18th in Possession, 16th in Goal Attempts Conceded, =7th in Big Chances Conceded

2013/14: West Ham (38 games) – 4th in Saves, =9th in Goals Conceded, =6th in Clean Sheets, 19th in Possession, 19th in Goal Attempts Conceded, =13th in Big Chances Conceded

2014/15: West Ham (38 games) – 4th in Saves, 8th in Goals Conceded, =15th in Clean Sheets, 13th in Possession, 16th in Goal Attempts Conceded, =7th in Big Chances Conceded

2015/16: Sunderland (30 games) – 1st in Saves, =13th in Goals Conceded, =12th in Clean Sheets, 19th in Possession, 19th in Goal Attempts Conceded, 13th in Big Chances Conceded

2016/17: Crystal Palace (21 games) – =13th in Saves, 10th in Goals Conceded, =9th in Clean Sheets, 17th in Possession, 11th in Goal Attempts Conceded, 7th in Big Chances Conceded

2017/18: Everton (9 games) – 3rd in Saves, =8th in Goals Conceded, =2nd in Clean Sheets, 17th in Possession, 18th in Goal Attempts Conceded, =11th in Big Chances Conceded

You might wonder at the relevance of all this, but I think it demonstrates precisely why Big Sam is the perfect manager for an FPL goalkeeper. One reason is that, whilst his teams have generally struggled in the bottom half of the table, they tend to finish in the top half in terms of Goals Conceded and Clean Sheets.

On top of that defensive solidity, though, his goalkeepers regularly rack up Saves, as Pickford has done. We usually associate Saves with poor teams conceding a lot of efforts on goal, which means they also concede plenty, and is less than ideal for fantasy managers. Allardyce’s teams, however, seem able to consistently marry Clean Sheets with Saves. How do they do it?

Well, I think it’s all about the way Big Sam organises his sides. It’s a style which bears many similarities to Burnley’s, who have produced FPL goalkeeping royalty in Heaton and Pope over the last two seasons. The keeper gets plenty of Saves because Big Sam’s teams concede plenty of shots, as you can see in their Goal Attempts Conceded numbers. However, quantity does not always equal quality, and Allardyce’s teams have fared significantly better in the Big Chances Conceded stat than Goal Attempts Conceded in each of these six seasons.

That’s a sign the team is sitting back, inviting pot-shots from range, which don’t seriously harm the keeper’s prospects of a clean sheet, but do boost his FPL points with ‘cheap’ Save points. Something that’s also worth mentioning is the low possession figures of Big Sam’s teams, which normally hover around the 40% mark. That’s another symptom of this style, sitting deep without the ball, but also reflects the direct passing Allardyce likes to employ. Because of that, the defenders make fewer passes, less accurately, lowering their BPS scores, reducing their chances of picking up bonus, and boosting the prospects of the keeper in turn.

(5)

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Jan 18 2018, 03:28 AM
Post #7

VSBerlina
Group Icon

I do agree with the Pickford theory (and hence have him in FSN), but one can argue BUR with Heaton and Pope are no different. Both have been top of the PPM due to their saves.

But given their upcoming fixtures, and possibly Heaton's return, it may just be the week to make that switch.

I really don't know what I'll do next week with 2 FTs, as I like my front 7 and the defence isn't too shabby also.
I will give it serious consideration. Would have been nice to get Pickford for Elliot though.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Jan 20 2018, 05:27 AM
Post #8

VSBerlina
Group Icon

So, DEF form in home and away.

CHE away - 2 CS in 6.
BRI home - scored in 4/6.

You'd think BRI have a good chance of scoring one. Courtois also out.

BUR home - 3/6 CS. Kept against weak sides. Conceded against big sides.
MAN away - Scored in 5/6. Only CHE kept them out.

Odds are MAN will get one.

EVE - 3 CS in 6 at home.
WBA - Scored in 3/6 away.

About a 50/50 that WBA will score.

WHU - 2 CS in 6 at home.
BOU - Scored in 3/6 away.

WHU most likely to concede.

Gonna be lucky for BUR, EVE, CHE and WHU to keep CS.

BUR have failed to keep a CS against any big sides.
Given they have MAN and MAC in the next 3, it's probably time Pope went. sad.gif

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Jan 20 2018, 05:37 AM
Post #9

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Final team. Pickford in for Pope.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 09:27 PM