Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brexit, Vent Your Spleen!
Netley Lucas
post Today, 11:49 AM
Post #341

The Fall

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Seven MPs have resigned from the Labour Party in protest at Jeremy Corbyn's approach to Brexit and anti-Semitism.

They are: Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Chris Leslie, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes, Gavin Shuker and Ann Coffey.

Ms Berger said Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic and she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay.

Mr Corbyn said he was "disappointed" the MPs had felt unable to continue working for the policies that "inspired millions" at the 2017 election.

The MPs are not launching a new political party - they will sit in Parliament as the Independent Group.
BBC

That's big news, been a lot of talk but now it's happening, pressure mounting on Jezzer on both key issues.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Today, 01:51 PM
Post #342

The Fall

I suppose the next question is how many will they get? Any Tories, Soubry etc? Is it admirable or just a tiny vehicle for disgruntled LAB Remoaners? If so why not have done with it and join the LibDems? laugh.gif Yeah, they hate LibDems as much as they hate what they're leaving!

A broader question is is Corbyn & Momentum taking over Labour and driving Moderates out? Maybe, but 7? After all this time, 7? It seems a bit small, big announcement but the numbers whiff a bit. Reminds me a bit of that People's Vote climbdown, not ready yet, badly organised, we'll see if it has any legs.

Why do the LAB Moderates stomach the levels of anti-Semitism and bullying in the broader party, the Momentum wing? I guess it's the same reason they tolerate Bercow's culture of bullying staff in the House. They value the greater good ignoring these vile behaviours because they see the overall gain beneficial. Will the public be so lenient? There's an extremely unpleasant element to Jezzer's support that is going to hurt his chances... maybe that's why most Mods will stay. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Today, 02:11 PM
Post #343

The Fall

I was just Googling Bill Burr's UK tour and I noticed this, I don't know what's wrong with me but the 4th question!

People also ask

How much are Bill Burr tickets?

Where is Bill Burr originally from?

How much is Bill Burr worth?

How long is a comedy show? rofl.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: tlaw4025

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2019 - 03:38 PM