Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What The Managers Said...
Netley Lucas
post Aug 8 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Bowstring the Carp from FFS has compiled a monumental doc, worth a read.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JFG
post Aug 8 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

This might be a useful spot for dropping Manager comments/tips/press conference news into... Here's a few:

Dwight Gayle "should" be available to face Spurs according to Benitez after missing the friendly with Hellas Verona.

Ramsey & Ozil remain doubts for Friday's clash with Leicester. Ozil has "a little chance" of recovering.

Pulis is expecting to have a full squad for the visit of Bournemouth. Morrison & McAuley should rejoin the group in training this week. Chadli & Brunt weren't risked in Spain due to minor problems. Evans [hamstring] was withdrawn in the warm-up. All three should be fine.

Still no definitive timeline on Mauro Zarate who has been sidelined since rupturing his ACL against West Ham back in February.

Silva also played down concerns over Kabasele [hamstring] and Cathcart [knee] who missed the 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad. Silva says Deeney should rejoin the first-team next week "with some precautions" as he continues he recovery from groin surgery.

Cabaye is expected to miss GW1 as he continues his recovery from the injury which has kept him sidelined since the win over West Brom.

Hughes hoping Bojan injury is not serious: ďIt might me just a kick to the calf. He felt it and we had no option but to take him off."

Lennon and McCarthy [insert Beatles joke here] missed today's 2-2 draw with Sevilla: "Aaron was not fit and James still has some issues with his knee," RK said.

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 9 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44,432

What Wenger said today...

ďHe(Sanchez) had a little abdominal strain that he caught on Sunday morning in training, before he came to Wembley. He had a scan two days ago and heís out for a while - we donít know if it is two weeks or one more week, but he will not be available. We think he will not play at Stoke. For us Alexis Sanchez is a loss, of course. But we have all the other players prepared in pre-season and they are all ready. It can happen in pre-season and anyway, I donít think I would have included him on Friday night. I donít think I would have started him. He is focused. Of course when you have treatment on a medical bench, itís not easy.Ē

ďI have plenty of uncertainties about the players who didnít play against Chelsea. For example Ramsey, Ozil, MertesackerÖ and of course Koscielny is suspended. I have players coming back who have not played, like Mustafi. Alexis will not be available for example, so I cannot go into the game with too many uncertainties. I can take a gamble on one, maybe maximum two, but I focus more on the players who had the right number of competitive minutes in recent weeks. We are well prepared and ready for a fight, and of course ambitious as well. I think we have a good level of physical preparation. All our players got a decent number of minutes of good competition, so overall the preparation of the squad looks good. Then we need to transform the quality of the preparation into points and that is of course a pragmatic view, but what matters is we win the next game and start in a strong way, which we didnít do last year. Thatís what we want to achieve this season.Ē

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 04:48 PM