Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Titan's Week 21, Fix this week or plan for next?
hsctitans
post Dec 27 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,184

Fabs
Azpi / Jones / Mustafi / Gomez
Salah© / Coutinho(vc) / Sterling / Pogba / Rich
Rooney

SUBS: Speroni / DCL / Naughton / Kane

I have 2 FT and 0.6 itb. Missed several price rises but I want to take my time to plan the next couple gameweeks as I make moves that lead me down different paths.

Rooney's potential illness leaves me very thin up top, as it looks fairly certain that DCL will be coming in to play. And 1 defensive rotation leaves me with double Swans in the back shok.gif

The way I see it I can do 1 of the following,
- Sell Kane and use funds to bring in a 1 week premo striker so I'm covered up top and then have 2 FT next week to re buy Kane and potentially another doubler. Downside here is my PP is 12.4 and SP is 12.6 so I lose 0.3 when re buying. Not to mention I'm using 2 transfers for a 1 week punt. (Probably Morata, maybe Kaku or City striker)

- Take Rooney out for a more likely starter, but with 8.1 for a striker there isn't much I like. Crouch is surprisingly playing regularly and could sit B1 while DCL start, that move would leave me with 3.2 itb. Quaner is the flavor of the week it seems and has a kinder schedule than Crouch but I'm not familiar with Huddersfield well enough to know if his starts are assured. After that I think the only other option to consider is Rashford, not guaranteed to start but probably has a higher ceiling when he does start than either of the other two options.

- I could finally drop my double Swans and turn Naughton into an Everton defender (Kenny or Martina) or go back to Burnley and bring in Ben Mee. Gives me better matchups in coverage in case my 5th defender does get subbed in this week. Probably my best long term move, although Naughton has been a surprisingly solid 5th defender with 8 BP and 6 CS in 19 GW. Still, Swans are crap and I feel better not having 2 of them.

- Or, I could simply accept my lineup, make it a little thinner for GW 21 while setting up GW 22, and cross my fingers that I'm not shooting myself in the foot. Naughton > Ogbonna/Masuaka

This post has been edited by hsctitans: Dec 27 2017, 06:32 PM

--------------------
Have a good Clash Royale clan? Let me know!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 27 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Adjust your gloves with the correct degree of insouciance.

Member No.: 44,432

That's still a very strong 21, if Wayne's back it's even stronger. Transfer to burn? Like you say, Naughton>WHM makes sense then in 22 you have Kane already in, maybe even Pogba>Son for free and even Rich>DGW'er for free too.

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 27 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #3

21 - Naughton>WHM

22 - Pogba/Rich>Son/Arnie

All for free, 4 dgw'ers ohmy.gif

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 28 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 27 2017, 01:48 PM) *
21 - Naughton>WHM

22 - Pogba/Rich>Son/Arnie

All for free, 4 dgw'ers ohmy.gif

Yea Rich > Arnie was definitely on the cards. But you think Son as well? Hmm I was thinking more towards squeezing in a Spurs defender but Son has looked pretty good lately. Worried about the minutes though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 28 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Dec 28 2017, 01:34 AM) *
Yea Rich > Arnie was definitely on the cards. But you think Son as well? Hmm I was thinking more towards squeezing in a Spurs defender but Son has looked pretty good lately. Worried about the minutes though.

Vertonghen maybe, but can they keep 2 cleanies? Or even 1? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 28 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 28 2017, 11:04 AM) *
Vertonghen maybe, but can they keep 2 cleanies? Or even 1? laugh.gif

I actually have a path to Lloris and I was thinking since he’s the cheapest defender assured of playing 180’ for Spurs.

Now remind me do save points carry over across both games? Or score the same as they would in a single?

Example: would 4 saves in game 1 and 2 saves in game 2 get me 2 points or 1 for the gameweek.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 29 2017, 03:14 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Dec 28 2017, 11:07 PM) *
I actually have a path to Lloris and I was thinking since he’s the cheapest defender assured of playing 180’ for Spurs.

Now remind me do save points carry over across both games? Or score the same as they would in a single?

Example: would 4 saves in game 1 and 2 saves in game 2 get me 2 points or 1 for the gameweek.

1 point. They don't carry over!

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 29 2017, 06:05 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Dec 28 2017, 10:14 PM) *
1 point. They don't carry over!

Thanks mate!

Guess I was wishful thinking biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Dec 29 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Ok so Naughton > Ogbonna seemed the dead certain move up until this point into my drink, here’s a thought.

Would Kane/Eriksen/Pogba/Ogbonna be better to take into the doubles than Kane/Son/Arnie/Ogbonna? Pogs is away to Everton. Not bad.

By doing Rooney > Quaner I have enough to turn Richarlison > Eriksen next gameweek. Quaner looks more certain to play than Rooney, so that combined with being able to hold onto Naughton 1 more week keeps me more rotation proof for GW21. I think you could argue that Pogs+Eriksen could match or do better than Arnie+Son during the doubles.

GW21 rotation does have me quite worried. Gomez/Coutinho/Salah/Sterling/Richarlison these seem the likeliest culprits, and it would only take 1 of them out to put me down to 10 men should I keep Rooney and he’s ill while transferring out Naughton>Ogbonna this week.

This post has been edited by hsctitans: Dec 29 2017, 08:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sgt_pepper
post Dec 29 2017, 10:39 AM
Post #10

Amateur Footballer

Member No.: 3,659

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Dec 29 2017, 06:20 PM) *
Ok so Naughton > Ogbonna seemed the dead certain move up until this point into my drink, here’s a thought.

Would Kane/Eriksen/Pogba/Ogbonna be better to take into the doubles than Kane/Son/Arnie/Ogbonna? Pogs is away to Everton. Not bad.

By doing Rooney > Quaner I have enough to turn Richarlison > Eriksen next gameweek. Quaner looks more certain to play than Rooney, so that combined with being able to hold onto Naughton 1 more week keeps me more rotation proof for GW21. I think you could argue that Pogs+Eriksen could match or do better than Arnie+Son during the doubles.

GW21 rotation does have me quite worried. Gomez/Coutinho/Salah/Sterling/Richarlison these seem the likeliest culprits, and it would only take 1 of them out to put me down to 10 men should I keep Rooney and he’s ill while transferring out Naughton>Ogbonna this week.

im not so sure about that. rooney has been cleared fit and is back in training, so id expect him to play in GW21 (altho minutes will be an issue).
i was also trying to fit in eriksen for rich (i was going to do rooney>DCL), but in the end i decided son is the better option. if it was long term, then i'd go eriksen but since its purely for the DGW i didnt think it was worth a hit and an automatic transfer the following week to ditch him. also, this way i can grab adrian without taking a hit.

This post has been edited by sgt_pepper: Dec 29 2017, 10:42 AM

--------------------
"Johan was the better player, but I won the World Cup." - Der Kaiser.

**the author accepts no liabilty for any physical, emotional or monetary damage, suffered due to the subjective opinions expressed on this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 12:05 AM