Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Week 19, Week 19... Halfway To Paradise? 19th Nervous Breakdown?
Netley Lucas
post Dec 19 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Adjust your gloves with the correct degree of insouciance.

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,432

Gameweek Points: 48
Overall Points: 898
Overall Rank: 1,475,493

I shall not grumble this week given David Silva's personal issues and neither will I use it as an excuse. We all hope he's okay and returns when he's ready.

Given that the other challenges - Tark maybe banned, Daniels injured and Niasse out in the cold - are all benched, it could be that just 1 transfer maybe sufficient this week? Bear in mind I have a crucial Sultan's group match v kidZac, and his team is bloody good and worth nearly 106m.

So if Silva doesn't return, I could bring Pogba in? If he's back I could replace Tark or Daniels with maybe a Hammer? I'm reluctant to perform major surgery with loads of hits unless the squad demands it and I'm not too sure it does?

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WALOR
post Dec 19 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,728

Do we know why Silva is out?

Got in a fight with Jason Puncheon?

--------------------
If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.

DeGea Speroni

Jones Bauer Kenny Mariappa Chilwell

Sterling Salah Ramsey Walcott Mkhitaryan

c) Aguero Kane Niasse

1.2 itb

FFS HoF position 959 ("Roscoe Pound")

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 19 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 66,335

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 19 2017, 09:44 AM) *

Gameweek Points: 48
Overall Points: 898
Overall Rank: 1,475,493

I shall not grumble this week given David Silva's personal issues and neither will I use it as an excuse. We all hope he's okay and returns when he's ready.

Given that the other challenges - Tark maybe banned, Daniels injured and Niasse out in the cold - are all benched, it could be that just 1 transfer maybe sufficient this week? Bear in mind I have a crucial Sultan's group match v kidZac, and his team is bloody good and worth nearly 106m.

So if Silva doesn't return, I could bring Pogba in? If he's back I could replace Tark or Daniels with maybe a Hammer? I'm reluctant to perform major surgery with loads of hits unless the squad demands it and I'm not too sure it does?

Silva too Pogba/ Coutinho/ or Sterling is great cap option if he's rested tonight wink.gif but I wouldn't do anything if Silva is available this weekend. Team looks great for this gameweek

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 19 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (WALOR @ Dec 19 2017, 10:04 AM) *

All we know is personal reasons but there's so many rumours going about, no point speculating much until Man City or Silva release an statement

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 19 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (WALOR @ Dec 19 2017, 10:04 AM) *

The media are either amazingly discreet or they've been gagged. Rumours of cancer or wife's stillbirth were doing the rounds on Saturday night. Citeh forums aren't jumping to conclusions.

The Punch thing was quite bizarre, one wonders why experienced professionals in the PL are getting involved in such things? Could you imagine Sir Trevor Brooking being an East end gangland crime lord in the 70's? laugh.gif

--------------------

Shake hands when it seems most inappropriate, for example with your doctor or dentist.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 19 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Dec 19 2017, 10:27 AM) *
Silva too Pogba/ Coutinho/ or Sterling is great cap option if he's rested tonight wink.gif but I wouldn't do anything if Silva is available this weekend. Team looks great for this gameweek

Cheers bud. If Silva is back I'd probably need to address the Tark or Daniels issue with the free, a Hammer maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 21 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #7

Well SC will be delighted I haven't made any transfers yet despite an ever increasing casualty list and enormous price pressures.

Silva - No word on his return
Tarkowski - Banned for 3
Morata - Banned for 1
Daniels - Injured, no timescale
Niasse - If he can't even make the squad v Swansea he's as good as gone

That's 5 out of 13 outfield players down = 8 still standing = 2/5 need to go and 2 need to come in

Morata looks the least urgent to sell, back nicely v bri, he can be benched.
Daniels may not be too bad as fixtures turn for the better, he can stay benched.

I have 3 defenders fit, not bad fixtures too so Tark isn't a priority sell, defender for a hit and all that.

So the prime sells are Silva & Niasse, 13m to invest. Not much but can still get a couple of useful assets.

Sterling & Quaner as of right now are 13, both rising tonight maybe, clearly others are doing the same thing. Alas I'll let them rise and move on, need to get team news before acting.

Austin & Arnie are 13 too, Austin is rising fast though, might be lucky, +76%. If Austin rises then maybe move Arnie down to Lingard? Nobody likes him but he seems to do well in the 10 in away games as Kaku struggles he just seems to benefit from it all, somehow.

Of course I am tempted by Morata/Silva>Kun©/Arnie, who wouldn't be? Ready-made cap, looks a sure starter, on pen's, best team in the history of the world laugh.gif But here's the thing, if he fails, rotation midweek, loads of other fires to put out... it's a horrible mess to clear up if he blanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Dec 21 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #8

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Member No.: 6,379

Netters I don't think anyone will think any less of you if you just take the transfers you want right now and not worry about the team news..Que sera sera mate biggrin.gif

I'm making my changes tonight before the price rises as ones going down and the others going up, if I wait for team news tomorrow then they will both be history, I'm taking the pip profit and just doing it tongue.gif just has to be done sometimes!

This post has been edited by crazylegs: Dec 21 2017, 11:25 PM

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena league Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Dec 22 2017, 01:22 AM
Post #9

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

Tark out for 3. I'd be dumping for Ogb/Masu. Might CS this week and they'll have the DG soon. Hopefully you can bench them in their bye week.

Lingard is a good differential. Rested midweek, he should start. Cheaper than Pog, but is Pog worth the extra spend?
MAN are a different beast with him, so someone from them is a must, given their fixtures.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (crazylegs @ Dec 21 2017, 11:24 PM) *
Netters I don't think anyone will think any less of you if you just take the transfers you want right now and not worry about the team news..Que sera sera mate biggrin.gif

I'm making my changes tonight before the price rises as ones going down and the others going up, if I wait for team news tomorrow then they will both be history, I'm taking the pip profit and just doing it tongue.gif just has to be done sometimes!

Price pressure's not too bad tbh mate, I can wait and make sure Silva's out before making moves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 02:23 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Dec 22 2017, 01:22 AM) *
Tark out for 3. I'd be dumping for Ogb/Masu. Might CS this week and they'll have the DG soon. Hopefully you can bench them in their bye week.

Lingard is a good differential. Rested midweek, he should start. Cheaper than Pog, but is Pog worth the extra spend?
MAN are a different beast with him, so someone from them is a must, given their fixtures.

I think Pogba is worth the extra, Lingard is just cashing his cheques isn't he? laugh.gif Okay, Silva>Pogba is a solid move quality wise. Then the question is, is bringing a Hammer defender in for a hit worth it when I can do it for free next week? Is taking a hit to field XI worth it when the investment is under 5m? A hit for Austin is fine because the ceiling is high h)hud? Dare I say he's even cap'able? laugh.gif

Silva/Niasse>Arnautovic/Austin© ? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #12

Christ, go on FFS and it's "Sterling too dangerous to leave out"... "Dump Kane for Aguero" laugh.gif

In fairness these suggestions and ideas weren't for my team, just random laugh.gif

If Sterling is an absolute must (and tbh I'm not sure he is unless capping), then I'd have to leave Niasse be and dump Tark, easy enough, let's see;

Silva/Tark>Sterling/4.3

The tricky 4.3 huh.gif That's the area where everyone isn't really nailed and yer better off with bloody Kevin Long laugh.gif

Mind you, Silva/Daniels>Sterling/4.4 opens things up, all those lovely Hammers... but I lose my match v kidzac laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Dec 22 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #13

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

From looking at your side, the most pressing issues in my opinion are Silva and Tarkowski. Tarkowski is out for 3 and who knows when Silva is back. I'd wait till closer till the deadline to see if you find out any news on Silva. I wouldn't get rid of Daniels if he's going to be back for the next game. Have you seen/heard anything about him? He has 3 very good fixtures in a row after City.

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 22 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

On DANIELS "As for Charlie, he has a tendon problem which we don't think is serious, it's been niggling him for a week or so"

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Dec 22 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #15

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (Spurs Crew @ Dec 22 2017, 08:35 PM) *
From looking at your side, the most pressing issues in my opinion are Silva and Tarkowski. Tarkowski is out for 3 and who knows when Silva is back. I'd wait till closer till the deadline to see if you find out any news on Silva. I wouldn't get rid of Daniels if he's going to be back for the next game. Have you seen/heard anything about him? He has 3 very good fixtures in a row after City.

Dunno if Hammers and Everton are as yummy as they looked a few weeks back. They're now the in-form sides.

As for BOU, they're not exactly that great anymore. Everyone was getting CSes against SWA, NEW & HUD around that time.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Spurs Crew
post Dec 22 2017, 01:51 PM
Post #16

Harry Kane, he's one of our own

Member No.: 2,934

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Dec 22 2017, 01:41 PM) *
Dunno if Hammers and Everton are as yummy as they looked a few weeks back. They're now the in-form sides.

As for BOU, they're not exactly that great anymore. Everyone was getting CSes against SWA, NEW & HUD around that time.

West Ham's "form" is almost entirely due to their defensive performances, not attacking. So a CS for Bournemouth vs them is perfectly reasonable. That's basically the same with Everton as well.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #17

Okay, the big news... Pep doesn't know if Silva will be back for the weekend. I'm reading that as a no.

Daniels news looks at 1st promising, until you see the context of the 'assessment';

"As for Charlie, he has a tendon problem which we don't think is serious, it's been niggling him for a week or so.

That doesn't sound too bad does it? Hang on though, the next bit offers a big clue;

"Harry came off against Chelsea with a calf problem, again something which we don't think will be long term.

So what he's saying is both players are not thought to have long-term injuries, so both are out for at least the weekend, maybe longer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #18

So what to do? laugh.gif

Do I really want to take a hit for a defender when I've 3 good starters anyway? Yes Tark is banned for 3, so? Doesn't mean I have to take a hit this week, can sort him next week for free hopefully.

Silva must sadly go, the silence is admirable but quite telling. Niasse is as good as on loan for all the minutes - 45 - BFS has trusted him with, he has to go too.

Pogba tempts massively but the change can only afford Crouch or HRK, ironically playing each other and hardly inspiring.

Arnautovic does enable Austin though, just. That looks the nicest move, both capable of goals and both playing well.

The sheep move is Silva/Daniels>Sterling/Masuaku... but I basically lose my match with kidZac as I'm replicating for points and his diff's are miles better.

The ballsy move is Morata/Silva>Kun©/7.3

The boring move Silva>Pogba and start 10, save the hit and bank the 4pts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SuarezPower
post Dec 22 2017, 02:56 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Dec 22 2017, 02:46 PM) *
So what to do? laugh.gif

Do I really want to take a hit for a defender when I've 3 good starters anyway? Yes Tark is banned for 3, so? Doesn't mean I have to take a hit this week, can sort him next week for free hopefully.

Silva must sadly go, the silence is admirable but quite telling. Niasse is as good as on loan for all the minutes - 45 - BFS has trusted him with, he has to go too.

Pogba tempts massively but the change can only afford Crouch or HRK, ironically playing each other and hardly inspiring.

Arnautovic does enable Austin though, just. That looks the nicest move, both capable of goals and both playing well.

The sheep move is Silva/Daniels>Sterling/Masuaku... but I basically lose my match with kidZac as I'm replicating for points and his diff's are miles better.

The ballsy move is Morata/Silva>Kun©/7.3

The boring move Silva>Pogba and start 10, save the hit and bank the 4pts.

No need to take an hit for an defender smile.gif
I have been looking at Kun's fpl history and it's not that impressive really apart from 2 explosive hauls back to back. Ever since he's been rotated, his form hasn't been great but his stats are back up recently. Dare i say it I prefer lukaku over Aguero biggrin.gif.
Pogba is great option to have and will be entering my team very soon

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Dec 22 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (SuarezPower @ Dec 22 2017, 02:56 PM) *
No need to take an hit for an defender smile.gif
I have been looking at Kun's fpl history and it's not that impressive really apart from 2 explosive hauls back to back. Ever since he's been rotated, his form hasn't been great but his stats are back up recently. Dare i say it I prefer lukaku over Aguero biggrin.gif.
Pogba is great option to have and will be entering my team very soon

I'm usually quite set on what I want to do but this week is a funny one laugh.gif I think this decision needs beer! biggrin.gif

a) Sheep - Sterling & Masuaku
b Nice - Austin & Arnie
c) Balls - Kun & 7.3
d) Boring - Pogba & play 10, no hit

This post has been edited by Netley Lucas: Dec 22 2017, 03:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 12:05 AM