vsberlina
post Aug 3 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #21

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Aug 4 2018, 01:03 AM) *
I'm leaning the opposite way with some set and forget GK/defenders and the value options in MID/FW around a set and forget captain Salah.

Rarely has the big gun MID done as well in the following season.
Hazard and Sanchez were both the 'must have' but flopped the following season.
Salah will find it hard to match last season. A 220pt return will still be excellent, but is it value for 13 units?

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Aug 3 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,184

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 3 2018, 12:03 PM) *
Rarely has the big gun MID done as well in the following season.
Hazard and Sanchez were both the 'must have' but flopped the following season.
Salah will find it hard to match last season. A 220pt return will still be excellent, but is it value for 13 units?

Its more a matter of covering myself for the herd. If Salah does poorly 1 week the rank drop won't be nearly as significant as it would if I went without him and he scores a brace. Also should I feel I'm not getting value then it gives me 13 to spend across the team which with 2FTs and a -4 can give me a complete team overhaul. All we can do is wait and see but we should have a good idea after the first few weeks, you can't get heavily left behind with Salah however he performs.

He does well and I've got him, if he does poorly I'm in the back with 50% of everyone else. laugh.gif

--------------------
2016/17 Arena Runner-ups with The Renegades
2017/18 Arena Champions with The Renegades

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 3 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #23

The Fall

Member No.: 44,432

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 3 2018, 05:01 PM) *
Daniels will see the first three weeks. I'll probably WC in W5, so he'll be gone once things settle.
The new EVE LB for 5.0 might be in there by then.
Anyway, Daniels isn't critical. Even with this good fixture, he'll be on my bench.

Tough City first game, but then 3/4 home games. Gotta have 3 of them.

I think Salah is enough for Pool. I don't think he's value at 13. He's only in for now as Pool have good early fixtures and most of the other big guns aren't back yet.

I might even go without Harry. If Ageuro and Auba or Haz and Sanchez start firing again, they'll make alternative captains and I can get more big guns in.

Anyway, let's see how the cheaper attackers do and the expensive DEF as well.
So far, it's like Old Skool FAPL. Cheap defense and bench and an expensive attack in a 3-4-3.

We'll see about Mendy. Is he even back?

Just trying to get a safe 11 for the first 4 weeks. Then the fun begins. Hopefully can make some coin. Not lose it.

Mendy is back and expected to play in CS, possibly as a LWB. Won't be a full strength team but it may provide a few clues to what Pep is thinking now he's back.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 3 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #24

The Fall

Patricio [Hamer]
Robertson Mendy Kabasele [Wan-Bissaka Peltier]
Salah© Mane D.Silva Jota [Chalobah]
Aguero(v) Arnautovic Zaha

Not too exciting but but packs a punch due to the 'free' bench. Can't quite squeeze Kab to Shaw w/o taking Zaha or Jota down a notch so may just leave it at that and hope he rotates ok with the 4's.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 4 2018, 12:31 AM
Post #25

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Aug 4 2018, 08:00 AM) *
Patricio [Hamer]
Robertson Mendy Kabasele [Wan-Bissaka Peltier]
Salah© Mane D.Silva Jota [Chalobah]
Aguero(v) Arnautovic Zaha

Not too exciting but but packs a punch due to the 'free' bench. Can't quite squeeze Kab to Shaw w/o taking Zaha or Jota down a notch so may just leave it at that and hope he rotates ok with the 4's.

Pretty much my line of thinking.

I like Bailly and Coleman, but you can't have everyone.

You done homework on Jonny? He's a baps king. Should WOL draw 0-0 or win 1-0, he could be getting the 3 bonus.

I'm sure you also know that when Sakho plays, CRY keep CS and he gets bonus. They've a good run. He just needs to stay fit.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 4 2018, 01:14 AM
Post #26

The Fall

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 4 2018, 01:31 AM) *
Pretty much my line of thinking.

I like Bailly and Coleman, but you can't have everyone.

You done homework on Jonny? He's a baps king. Should WOL draw 0-0 or win 1-0, he could be getting the 3 bonus.

I'm sure you also know that when Sakho plays, CRY keep CS and he gets bonus. They've a good run. He just needs to stay fit.

Coleman was in my 1st draft but I dunno, maybe a nostalgic pick? They've been a bit meh pre-season fwiw and it's a huge step-up for Silva so maybe wait and see with them. I dunno with Utd, the whole thing seems to be on the brink of implosion and Bailly's been dodgy pre-season.

Jonny is interesting but I'm nailing it down to Rui at the back, hoping for 140-150 if they're as good as I think they might be.

Sakho's a great 5 tbh, if WanB establishes himself then he can hopefully benefit from Sakho's quality and be a legitimate starter once fixtures get better, and they do.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 4 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #27

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Aug 4 2018, 11:14 AM) *
Coleman was in my 1st draft but I dunno, maybe a nostalgic pick? They've been a bit meh pre-season fwiw and it's a huge step-up for Silva so maybe wait and see with them. I dunno with Utd, the whole thing seems to be on the brink of implosion and Bailly's been dodgy pre-season.

Jonny is interesting but I'm nailing it down to Rui at the back, hoping for 140-150 if they're as good as I think they might be.

Sakho's a great 5 tbh, if WanB establishes himself then he can hopefully benefit from Sakho's quality and be a legitimate starter once fixtures get better, and they do.

Silva loved having attacking full backs at WAT. Coleman is such a natural in that style of play.
I just feels like it'll fall into place, given EVE have the best run of early games of all 20 clubs.

You're probably right about Bailly. Natives are getting restless at United. How many seasons does Jose usually last at a club?
Their run isn't the easiest either, so Bailly or Shaw probably won't be in my top 3 for premium DEF picks.

For Rui to get 140-150, he'll have to make lots of SVs, get bonus, and make a couple of PKS.
Dunno if he can do that given some of the other guys in the team. There's a few that might steal them.

Given WOL are such an unknown, it's too risky to go for two of them. But high risk, high reward?

Palace fixtures are too good to see if WanB will be a regular starter. For me, WanB is just a filler. If he plays and occasionally gets some good pts, fantastic. But I doubt I'll be relying upon him.

That said, I've taken Sakho out for Coleman. laugh.gif

Got Peltier in as well. CAR is so short on players, he might end up striker. laugh.gif

I can't remember ever starting a season with a starting 4.0. What are the chances we get one or even two? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by vsberlina: Aug 4 2018, 03:16 PM

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
hsctitans
post Aug 4 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,184

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Aug 3 2018, 06:00 PM) *

Zaha rumours to move out scare you at all? I had him in my squad but I wonder if his head is turned if he gets benched sad.gif

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Aug 3 2018, 09:14 PM) *

Now you're scaring me on Bailly, he seemed too good to be true at 5.5 but you and VSB bring up good points about United possibly imploding.

Everton fixtures are good and I want in, Coleman is tempting but I currently have Jagielka as the cheap starter to hopefully benefit from any CS (Everton still haven't signed a CB right?)

This post has been edited by hsctitans: Aug 4 2018, 08:01 PM

--------------------
2016/17 Arena Runner-ups with The Renegades
2017/18 Arena Champions with The Renegades

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 4 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #29

The Fall

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 4 2018, 02:21 PM) *
Silva loved having attacking full backs at WAT. Coleman is such a natural in that style of play.
I just feels like it'll fall into place, given EVE have the best run of early games of all 20 clubs.

You're probably right about Bailly. Natives are getting restless at United. How many seasons does Jose usually last at a club?
Their run isn't the easiest either, so Bailly or Shaw probably won't be in my top 3 for premium DEF picks.

For Rui to get 140-150, he'll have to make lots of SVs, get bonus, and make a couple of PKS.
Dunno if he can do that given some of the other guys in the team. There's a few that might steal them.

Given WOL are such an unknown, it's too risky to go for two of them. But high risk, high reward?

Palace fixtures are too good to see if WanB will be a regular starter. For me, WanB is just a filler. If he plays and occasionally gets some good pts, fantastic. But I doubt I'll be relying upon him.

That said, I've taken Sakho out for Coleman. laugh.gif

Got Peltier in as well. CAR is so short on players, he might end up striker. laugh.gif

I can't remember ever starting a season with a starting 4.0. What are the chances we get one or even two? ohmy.gif

Looks like Everton are starting to get it together, lost 3-2 but a better performance and what looked like the strongest starting XI bar Digne & Pick.

Tempted to squeeze Shaw in for a few games until he gets dropped but would have to drop Zaha to King/Wood. For all Utd's problems he could offer some short-term value.

Lossi got 135, so did Hennessey/Speroni so assuming Wolves are better than them 140 doesn't look impossible but a pen save or 2 would come in handy. Jonny seems more of a defensive type, good consistency and likes a card. Maybe he's been brought in because they didn't want 2 attacking wb's so got shot of Douglas? Could make Doherty the more attractive one?

Palace now have 5 good defensive options as Schlupp is still being used as a LM/LW and scored today. If they don't get a replacement he could offer oop value.

AWB & Peltier look gifts atm, especially with the likelihood of early WC once everyone is back.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 4 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #30

The Fall

QUOTE (hsctitans @ Aug 4 2018, 09:00 PM) *
Zaha rumours to move out scare you at all? I had him in my squad but I wonder if his head is turned if he gets benched sad.gif

Now you're scaring me on Bailly, he seemed too good to be true at 5.5 but you and VSB bring up good points about United possibly imploding.

Everton fixtures are good and I want in, Coleman is tempting but I currently have Jagielka as the cheap starter to hopefully benefit from any CS (Everton still haven't signed a CB right?)

Yeah not just the rumours, King is starting to tempt massively and I could do with the half laugh.gif

I dunno with Utd, as long Maureen's still got the dressing room they should at least be productive at the back, Shaw tempts short-term but Bailly is supposed to be the best, Toby is rumoured to be going to Utd.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 5 2018, 04:25 AM
Post #31

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Either I'm the wolf, or I'm gonna get fed to the Wolves.

Should get 4 games from these guys?

This post has been edited by vsberlina: Aug 5 2018, 04:25 AM

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
Fil Ferret
post Aug 5 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,312

Debate is on Keane ......

--------------------
S11 Arena Champion 2017/18, 18/19 with the Renegades.

+Quote Post
Netley Lucas
post Aug 5 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #33

The Fall

QUOTE (Fil Ferret @ Aug 5 2018, 12:26 PM) *

Massive front 8 mate! laugh.gif

FPL draft in half an hour bud,

Andy, you about?

+Quote Post
Fil Ferret
post Aug 5 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Netley Lucas @ Aug 5 2018, 07:31 PM) *
Massive front 8 mate! laugh.gif

FPL draft in half an hour bud,

Andy, you about?

I'm about I think ... (looks over right shoulder) unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrfly
post Aug 6 2018, 12:50 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41,241

I am back, based on numbers, not sure if I will be traded or not, but looking forward to the season.

--------------------
2017/18 Arena Champions - Renegades

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 6 2018, 01:34 AM
Post #36

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fil Ferret @ Aug 5 2018, 09:26 PM) *

Gonna leave 6.5 on the bench every week? Bit much. Get a 4.5 / 5.0 (Hudson-Odoi might be worth the Mkhi spot).

Then you can get Coleman for Keane. wink.gif

Probably should use the rest to get Aguero over Bobby.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 6 2018, 01:49 AM
Post #37

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Been looking at top scoring MIDs for the last few years and their follow up year.

Hazard - 2014/15 - 233, 2015/16 - 104. (130 difference)
Mahrez - 2015/16 - 240, 2016/17 - 120. (120 difference)
Sanchez - 2016/17 - 264, 2017/18 - 152. (110 difference)
Salah - 2017/18 - 303, 2018/19 - 200? (100 difference?)

200 looks a reality for Salah. Even if he gets a nice 230-240, will he be worth 13 units?
Unless we find a sub 6.5 unit MID who'll get around 180, it might be better getting two 9.5s.

This post has been edited by vsberlina: Aug 6 2018, 02:49 AM

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
RAPID
post Aug 6 2018, 02:29 AM
Post #38

✟ CARPE ✟ DIEM ✟

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,943

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Aug 6 2018, 04:49 AM) *
Been looking at top scoring MIDs for the last few years and their follow up year.

Hazard - 2014/15 - 233, 2015/16 - 104. (130 difference)
Mahrez - 2015/16 - 240, 2016/17 - 120. (120 difference)
Sanchez - 2016/17 - 264, 2015/16 - 152. (110 difference)
Salah - 2017/18 - 303, 2018/19 - 200? (100 difference?)

200 looks a reality for Salah. Even if he gets a nice 230-240, will he be worth 13 units?
Unless we find a sub 6.5 unit MID who'll get around 180, it might be better getting two 9.5s.

Edit it please!

--------------------
He's been with us for years
Through the lower leagues
Playing as wing-back
It's our mighty Matt

Oooooh Matt Doherty
Old-gold property
Always has been true
Wanderers' number 2

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
“RAPID scores goals like Marco van Basten(PTC)
“RAPID is the Magical Negro whose special powers make us all better at Fantasy Footie”(scoobyliscious)
NSH!T HAPPENS

+Quote Post
Fil Ferret
post Aug 6 2018, 02:33 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Without Salah ....

If I have Mili in the Middle, can then go Arnau upfront instead of Zaha. If Zaha moves on before season starts and Ings moves to Palace, he will then come in to free up cash.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Aug 6 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #40

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (RAPID @ Aug 6 2018, 12:29 PM) *
Edit it please!

Is that what you meant?

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post

203 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 07:17 AM