Post #41

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Group: Patron
Member No.: 4,227

QUOTE (Grattan @ Nov 6 2017, 03:26 PM) *
Ill make the change now he is back....only just got the keys dude

I was talking about your team. laugh.gif
Haz got 2 more than Gross. You'd have won by 1.

--------------------
Love EPL Fantasy Football? Try these.

The official Fantasy Premier League 2017/18 games.
The Real Dream Team
FOXSports EPL Fantasy Football
Fantasysportnet
Goaldenboot Pick 8 players who you think will score this week.
Predictor TalkSport (the old IKTS)

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 7 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #42

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ryanbest11 @ Nov 6 2017, 08:40 PM) *
Just done my transfers for week 12. If luck is kind to me I might not touch a thing until like April next year whistling.gif

*Now looking forward to the internationals to injure my players and throw my plans out of the window laugh.gif

shok.gif

You should know better than that. Rage transfers?

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

Love Candy Crush and Farm Heroes Sagas? Add me on Facebook for lives, beans and tickets.

+Quote Post
Grattan
post Nov 7 2017, 01:46 AM
Post #43

AKA Groover
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,211

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Nov 7 2017, 12:38 PM) *
I was talking about your team. laugh.gif
Haz got 2 more than Gross. You'd have won by 1.

oh...lol... i had another problem i needed to fix first ( to do that i grabbed Baines )
ill wait for the injury break to settle then get him in

we moved up into the Top 10 this week but we are a bit off the pace overall - with skill we could move into the Top 5 by xmas tho....

--------------------
“If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms”

Mike Ditka

Yahoo 10/11 - 342
Yahoo 11/12 - 1529 (rubbish)
Yahoo 12/13 - 1080 ( still rubbish)
Yahoo 13/14 - 1023 ( nearly out of the rubbish category )
Highest Ever Yahoo finish 05/06 - 96 (actually not rubbish)

Sportal EPL 10/11- Coordinator of S11 A League - 1st Place
Sportal EPL 11/12 Coordinator of S11 A League - 1st Place
Sportal EPL 12/13 Coordinator of S11 A League - 1st Place
Sportal EPL 13/14 Coordinator of S11 A League - 3rd Place

+Quote Post
Ryanbest11
post Nov 7 2017, 05:26 AM
Post #44

Former world #1
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,833

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Nov 7 2017, 09:39 AM) *
shok.gif

You should know better than that. Rage transfers?

Can always reverse if things are not good.

--------------------
WORLDWIDE FINISHES in fantasy football games
Yahoo (YFF): 2nd (14/15, with 4,408 pts with 4 weeks at 1st (W14 - 17)), 117th (12/13), 123rd (10/11)
Sportal: 20th (15/16), 38th (13/14), 29th (12/13), 22nd (11/12), 13th (10/11)
Fantasysportsnet: 19th (15/16)

S11 TOURNAMENTS
The Arena Champions with Assassins - 17/16, 15/16, 14/15 & 10/11 , Player of the season - 14/15
Fantrax Premiership Champion - 15/16, 14/15 & 13/14
Official Prem League Team as Arsenal with Mistaken_Identity 13/14 Champion, 11/12 2nd, 10/11 4th
World Cup Champions for 11/12 WC1 Cup, WC2 Plate, 08/09 WC3 Cup

+Quote Post
crazylegs
post Nov 7 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #45

Sodalis Extraordinaire!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,379

QUOTE (Grattan @ Nov 7 2017, 01:46 AM) *
oh...lol... i had another problem i needed to fix first ( to do that i grabbed Baines )
ill wait for the injury break to settle then get him in

we moved up into the Top 10 this week but we are a bit off the pace overall - with skill we could move into the Top 5 by xmas tho....

We do have a couple of deadwood teams I noted

--------------------

WCGrid
I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!

S11 Arena league Champion of the season 2016/17
S11 Arena Champion 2011/12 with Dexters!

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 8 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #46

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ryanbest11 @ Nov 7 2017, 04:26 PM) *
Can always reverse if things are not good.

Doh! I thought we couldn't do that this season. rolleyes.gif
Wanted to do transfers so many times, in case I forgot or couldn't on the Saturday.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 8 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #47

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (crazylegs @ Nov 7 2017, 10:07 PM) *
We do have a couple of deadwood teams I noted

Yeah. Damn hard to get players that will stick it through for the whole season.
Might have to try recruit from my public league at this stage. Left it late last season and they all knicked off.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 21 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #48

VSBerlina
Group Icon

Doc, good score this week.

That bench again. But who'd have started 4 at the back and benched Kane and Eriksen?

0/2. Your rhythm with Zouma is off. laugh.gif

Begovic to DDG not such a good move. Will it pay off long term? BOU playing well and have a good run. Maybe should have stuck with it?

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
JFG
post Nov 21 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42,428

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Nov 21 2017, 12:17 AM) *
Doc, good score this week.

That bench again. But who'd have started 4 at the back and benched Kane and Eriksen?

0/2. Your rhythm with Zouma is off. laugh.gif

Begovic to DDG not such a good move. Will it pay off long term? BOU playing well and have a good run. Maybe should have stuck with it?

Decent score considering I ballsed up my VC/C loophole. Thought it might cost me my H2H, but luckily Luke came through. Hanging around just on the Top 100 which is okay at this point in the season.

Both Zouma and Baines keep making me look silly, yet when started Zouma erroneously against your mate Dick, he did sod all. They're just backup defenders anyway - might even trade one of them for Sanchez this week.

DDG was the wrong call, you were right - but long-term he should be OK. That said, he might go next week for Courtois who has a phenomenal fixture run after 'pool... however I already have two Chelski DEF, so maybe not.

--------------------

You are false data.
False data can act only as a distraction.
Therefore, I shall refuse to perceive

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 21 2017, 01:03 PM
Post #50

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (JFG @ Nov 21 2017, 07:44 PM) *
Decent score considering I ballsed up my VC/C loophole. Thought it might cost me my H2H, but luckily Luke came through. Hanging around just on the Top 100 which is okay at this point in the season.

Both Zouma and Baines keep making me look silly, yet when started Zouma erroneously against your mate Dick, he did sod all. They're just backup defenders anyway - might even trade one of them for Sanchez this week.

DDG was the wrong call, you were right - but long-term he should be OK. That said, he might go next week for Courtois who has a phenomenal fixture run after 'pool... however I already have two Chelski DEF, so maybe not.

I think it was the MIA Aguero and Mkhi that got you home in the H2H. laugh.gif

Your two DEF came through with good scores, so when that happens, it's nice to have the bench go huge.
Flip them for some big hitters for sure. I don't like putting all the eggs in the one basket, but when CHE DEF are so cheap, it's too tempting.

Wondering if MAN can keep up their CS run. Jones seems to be pivotal to their CS. If he's out long term, they might start leaking the odd one.

Woodie is about to become useless. NEW start playing all their games early. Maybe it's worth grabbing a cheap Cech as a 2nd GK. Mustafi is back and seems to be pivotal to their defence. Similar to Jones, they rarely concede with him on the pitch (1 goal in 540 mins).

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
AJB
post Nov 21 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 68,716

QUOTE (vsberlina @ Nov 21 2017, 01:03 PM) *
I think it was the MIA Aguero and Mkhi that got you home in the H2H.

Yes, the first time I decide to go 2-5-3 and the ‘perfect’ condition Aguero doesn’t feature and Mkhitaryan is dropped. I know it’s always a risk with that formation, but I didn’t expect to be two players down.

It looks like Mourinho still has doubts about Mkhitaryan or maybe he’s just jealous that he’s the subject of a documentary! I thought it would be a good fixture for him, a chance to rediscover some form, especially with Pogba’s return, but I think I’m going to have to make a change.

It’s my first season playing this game and I’m still working on my strategy. I set up my own league and most of us are former members of The Original Fantasy League Classic game, which has now ceased.

I’m not normally a fan of tournament-based fantasy football games as I prefer league based ones, but does anybody know if Sportsdeck normally run a World Cup game? I figure the members of my league could all use a bit more experience!

This post has been edited by AJB: Nov 21 2017, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
JFG
post Nov 21 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 21 2017, 08:49 PM) *
Yes, the first time I decide to go 2-5-3 and the ‘perfect’ condition Aguero doesn’t feature and Mkhitaryan is dropped. I know it’s always a risk with that formation, but I didn’t expect to be two players down.

You should've expected it. I certainly knew both had a high probability of happening before the first ball of the weekend was kicked. Rule #1. You can NEVER trust that twit Guardiola where Aguero is concerned. Mkhi was widely rumoured to have been dropped on the Friday.

That said, it was kind of a bonus that those stars aligned in my favour in our H2H. You were unfortunate to lose.

--------------------

You are false data.

+Quote Post
AJB
post Nov 22 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (JFG @ Nov 21 2017, 09:56 PM) *
You should've expected it. I certainly knew both had a high probability of happening before the first ball of the weekend was kicked. Rule #1. You can NEVER trust that twit Guardiola where Aguero is concerned. Mkhi was widely rumoured to have been dropped on the Friday.

That said, it was kind of a bonus that those stars aligned in my favour in our H2H. You were unfortunate to lose.

To say that I should have expected it and then that I was unfortunate to lose seems somewhat contradictory.

I’ll admit that I was unaware of the rumours that Mourinho was planning on dropping Mkhitaryan. It certainly wasn’t brought up at the pre-match press conference nor in any of the news sources I rely on, which surprises me given how widely reported it apparently was.

I think both Guardiola and Mourinho can be unpredictable when it comes to team selection. As I quoted, Guardiola referred to Aguero’s condition as being ‘perfect’ ahead of the game. There was always a chance that he would be on the bench, but I would still have expected him to be involved at some point.

I’m not doubting that some news sources reported that Mkhitaryan had been dropped or even that Aguero wouldn’t take part in the game, but your statement that both of these things were expected demonstrates an amazing level of foresight.

+Quote Post
PTC
post Nov 22 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 21 2017, 07:20 PM) *
I’m not doubting that some news sources reported that Mkhitaryan had been dropped or even that Aguero wouldn’t take part in the game, but your statement that both of these things were expected demonstrates an amazing level of foresight.

Anticipated may have been a better word to use, rather than expected.

That said, with both managers you should indeed expect the unexpected.

+Quote Post
vsberlina
post Nov 22 2017, 01:07 AM
Post #55

VSBerlina
Group Icon

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 22 2017, 11:20 AM) *
To say that I should have expected it and then that I was unfortunate to lose seems somewhat contradictory.

I’ll admit that I was unaware of the rumours that Mourinho was planning on dropping Mkhitaryan. It certainly wasn’t brought up at the pre-match press conference nor in any of the news sources I rely on, which surprises me given how widely reported it apparently was.

I think both Guardiola and Mourinho can be unpredictable when it comes to team selection. As I quoted, Guardiola referred to Aguero’s condition as being ‘perfect’ ahead of the game. There was always a chance that he would be on the bench, but I would still have expected him to be involved at some point.

I bought Mkhi this week. Didn't expect him to go completely MIA. Given how many have him, and how many in our league have him, I think it shows that was real unlucky.

But Aguero has been rotated for a while now. I think given his price, it's best to cash in. Lots of good players cheaper, and the units could upgrade you elsewhere.

Who are these mates you have? Are they active? We could do with some next season. We've got deadwood here, and if we had anyone who would just be active, we'd be close to No.1. Even if they're inexperienced, if they're keen to play, we'll be happy to give them tips. This thread can be used to ask questions. Lots willing to help.

--------------------

The Real Dream Team
Fantasysportnet

+Quote Post
JFG
post Nov 22 2017, 07:05 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 22 2017, 12:20 AM) *

Not really. There were things you should have expected/anticipated, but had it gone even slightly differently you would have won.

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 22 2017, 12:20 AM) *
To say that I should have expected it and then that I was unfortunate to lose seems somewhat contradictory. I’m not doubting that some news sources reported that Mkhitaryan had been dropped or even that Aguero wouldn’t take part in the game, but your statement that both of these things were expected demonstrates an amazing level of foresight.

It was well known that Mkhitaryan had been dropped on Friday when he did not join the players at the Lowry Hotel on the day before the game - that is always THE clue with United in home games, especially when taken with info from well-placed sources. I never had him in Sportal this week, but he is in my Fantrax team, so I kept an eye on that news. It was fairly clear, given Guardiola's history with Aguero that he would bench him following a health/injury scare as he has a history of doing so and the players to cover, no matter what Aguero says himself.

Therefore more "a little calculated foresight" than any sort of "amazing level of foresight" smile.gif

So, what you should have expected was Mkhitaryan being dropped entirely, and you should've replaced him, or at least adjusted your formation to 3-4-3 to cover. Even anticipating Aguero being benched, in your position I'd've probably left him in play anyway, the part where you were unfortunate to lose was the fact that Aguero took no part in the game - that part you were downright unlucky as if he'd come on for 15/20m he could well have done enough to win you it.

Edit: As for unpredictability, as a United fan, Jose is fairly predictable to be honest, Guardiola on the other hand tends to be somewhat predictable where Sergio "Glass Man" Aguero is concerned, but extremely random otherwise - with three of his midfielders in Sportal, I'll always hold back transfers if I can be around for the start of their game... if not, it's a hit and hope. I'll probably dump Sane for Coutinho after this weekend anyway, which will be one less source of potential problems.

This post has been edited by JFG: Nov 22 2017, 07:07 AM

--------------------

You are false data.

+Quote Post
JFG
post Nov 22 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Looking at Goalkeepers, VSB, and your Begovic option...

GW28 - does not face a team in League Cup final. --> Bournemouth has Newcastle (SAFE)
GW31 - does not face a team in FA Cup Qtr finals --> Bournemouth has WBA (I think there is good chance neither team makes Qtr Finals)
GW34 - does not face a team in FA Cup Semi Finals --> Bournemouth has Liverpool (Potential blank here...)

So 1 transfer for goalkeeper in GW34 (if Liverpool make FA Cup semis).

I've gone for De Gea, at the moment, who's averaging 10.5 PPG. If he keeps this up he is obviously worth it. However, I think it will regress to about 9.0-9.5 at end of season. Still good, but I'm still thinking over a switch to Courtois. Both of these have a higher likelihood of blanks in the weeks above.

I'd probably stick if I hadn't twisted already...

--------------------

You are false data.

+Quote Post
AJB
post Nov 22 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #58

QUOTE (JFG @ Nov 22 2017, 07:05 AM) *
Not really. There were things you should have expected/anticipated, but had it gone even slightly differently you would have won.

It was well known that Mkhitaryan had been dropped on Friday when he did not join the players at the Lowry Hotel on the day before the game - that is always THE clue with United in home games, especially when taken with info from well-placed sources. I never had him in Sportal this week, but he is in my Fantrax team, so I kept an eye on that news. It was fairly clear, given Guardiola's history with Aguero that he would bench him following a health/injury scare as he has a history of doing so and the players to cover, no matter what Aguero says himself.

Therefore more "a little calculated foresight" than any sort of "amazing level of foresight" smile.gif

So, what you should have expected was Mkhitaryan being dropped entirely, and you should've replaced him, or at least adjusted your formation to 3-4-3 to cover. Even anticipating Aguero being benched, in your position I'd've probably left him in play anyway, the part where you were unfortunate to lose was the fact that Aguero took no part in the game - that part you were downright unlucky as if he'd come on for 15/20m he could well have done enough to win you it.

Edit: As for unpredictability, as a United fan, Jose is fairly predictable to be honest, Guardiola on the other hand tends to be somewhat predictable where Sergio "Glass Man" Aguero is concerned, but extremely random otherwise - with three of his midfielders in Sportal, I'll always hold back transfers if I can be around for the start of their game... if not, it's a hit and hope. I'll probably dump Sane for Coutinho after this weekend anyway, which will be one less source of potential problems.

Yes, your response was contradictory although I don’t expect you to acknowledge that.

A further contradiction is that you say I should have expected Aguero not to play and that you would have picked him anyway.

I do find your posts condescending as if you would have picked Aguero for the right reasons, but I picked him for the wrong ones.

You will note that I never said that I expected Aguero to start the game. I knew that both he and Jesus had been heavily involved in their international team’s games. I knew that Aguero had been taken to hospital, which is why I followed the pre-match press conference. I knew that Guardiola had said he was in ‘perfect’ condition. I expected one of them to start the game and for the other to be involved at some point. I considered Aguero too dangerous a player to drop, even if he was just used as a substitute.

With regards to Mkhitaryan, perhaps as a United fan you were fortunate that it was one of your players that was dropped? Perhaps if it had happened to another team’s player it would not have been so ‘widely’ known? Perhaps you check all of the team’s hotels in advance of the games?

I’m neither a United or a City fan, but I do watch the pre-match press conferences if I have a doubt about a player’s availability. I have noticed a marked change in Mourinho’s dealings with the press since he was dismissed from Chelsea. It’s as if he partially blames them for losing his job.

I find his responses can be disingenuous, particularly in regards to injury news. He can be asked about several players and will deliberately overlook one player, who will then turn out to be unavailable, or he’ll attempt to change the subject entirely.

This post has been edited by AJB: Nov 22 2017, 09:22 AM

+Quote Post
JFG
post Nov 22 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 22 2017, 09:13 AM) *
A further contradiction is that you say I should have expected Aguero not to play and that you would have picked him anyway. I do find your posts condescending as if you would have picked Aguero for the right reasons, but I picked him for the wrong ones.

rolleyes.gif

Go back and read it again.

QUOTE (AJB @ Nov 22 2017, 09:13 AM) *
Perhaps you check all of the team’s hotels in advance of the games?

No, I check information provided by those who do in respect of United home games. Again, had you read it properly, you'd've discerned that for yourself.

Clearly you know better, so you get on with it. I do not intend to debate this with you further.

--------------------

You are false data.

+Quote Post
AJB
post Nov 22 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #60

QUOTE (JFG @ Nov 22 2017, 09:30 AM) *
rolleyes.gif

Go back and read it again.

No, I check information provided by those who do in respect of United home games. Again, had you read it properly, you'd've discerned that for yourself.

Clearly you know better, so you get on with it. I do not intend to debate this with you further.

For clarity, regarding your contradiction on Aguero -
Me - Yes, the first time I decide to go 2-5-3 and the ‘perfect’ condition Aguero doesn’t feature and Mkhitaryan is dropped. I know it’s always a risk with that formation, but I didn’t expect to be two players down.

You quoting the above - You should've expected it.

You - Even anticipating Aguero being benched, in your position I'd've probably left him in play anyway.

The comment regarding hotels was meant to be facetious.

vsberlina - I think I'll concentrate on my own league from now on.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2018 - 03:04 AM